Non-Key Tweets | Page 260 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He said "rational expansion conversation".....so, I guess that there must be irrational conversations ongoing?
Have you ever heard of the Dude?

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Go over there for 5 minutes and you will realize why you hate Syracuse, Louisville, BC, ND and Pitt so much. The love fest between the UL and Cuse fans will make you sick to your stomach.

Their love for each other is rooted in their mutual disdain for us and our 4 titles. They have nothing else in common.

Reaction Score
Couple of things:

1. What is Fox getting out of all of this? They hold OU's tier three rights. Fox has to get something out of this for them to release their biggest non Big10 tier three rights. KU and ISU just don't cut it.

2. Why would the Big10 want ISU? I hate to tell you, but the only way they would take ISU is if they made a deal to pick up OU and UT. ISU would lose money for the Big10 and wouldn't bring in any new markets or even political clout within the AAU.

3. If it were KU and ISU, the Big10 wouldn't expand. They don't need to for the sake of expanding.

Because of the DirecTV/AT&T approval from the feds I now think ISU goes to ACC and Texas Tech goes to PAC. :cool:

Reaction Score
Jeff Rosen‏@jeff_rosen88 1h1 hour ago
Bowlsby, #Big12 have hands full with Oklahoma president David Boren.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article28054678.html

>>The problems are more deeply rooted. The Big 12 is less a group of like-minded institutions made stronger by a partnership than it is 10 schools without better options. This is college sports’ most disconnected league.

It used to be that Texas could be justifiably blamed as the agent of instability in the Big 12 — but now it’s Oklahoma. More specifically, it is Oklahoma president David Boren.<<

Reaction Score
The B12 is so inconsistent. On one hand they complain they are disadvantaged because they don't play a CCG, yet they won't expand to 12 to get one. I can't imagine taking some combo of Cincy, UCF, Houston, BYU wouldn't work for them. I know some are AAC teams, I'd wish them well, UConn wants out of this lousy conference too.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article28054678.html

>>The problems are more deeply rooted. The Big 12 is less a group of like-minded institutions made stronger by a partnership than it is 10 schools without better options. This is college sports’ most disconnected league.

It used to be that Texas could be justifiably blamed as the agent of instability in the Big 12 — but now it’s Oklahoma. More specifically, it is Oklahoma president David Boren.<<

Reaction Score

I agree with this article. It is Oklahoma that is putting up a stinker because their football program isn't doing well right now. If Oklahoma was coming off an 11-1 season you wouldn't hear a single word from them.

ACC not having an ACC Network in 2017 is more troublesome then the Big 12 schools debating if they want to expand or not since they don't have a network yet either. Why? Because the biggest reason ACC schools signed the GOR was to have a conference network by 2017.

So 2017 comes around and the B1G announces a record breaking TV contract worth billions and creates a billion dollar gap in revenue generated over the next decade vs the money ACC schools would be getting. THAT is what will cause heads to spin and phone calls to be made.

Reaction Score
I agree with this article. It is Oklahoma that is putting up a stinker because their football program isn't doing well right now. If Oklahoma was coming off an 11-1 season you wouldn't hear a single word from them.

If an 11-1 Oklahoma team was left out of the Football playoffs due to an undefeated and ACC Conference Champion (Florida St), an undefeated and PAC Conference Champion (Oregon), a 11-1 B1G Conference Champion (Ohio St), and an 11-1 SEC Conference Champion (Alabama), there would be a lot very unhappy OU fans and school leaders screaming at U Texas & the XII to expand because the lack of a conference champion hurts their hopes at a playoff slot.

Reaction Score
If an 11-1 Oklahoma team was left out of the Football playoffs due to an undefeated and ACC Conference Champion (Florida St), an undefeated and PAC Conference Champion (Oregon), a 11-1 B1G Conference Champion (Ohio St), and an 11-1 SEC Conference Champion (Alabama), there would be a lot very unhappy OU fans and school leaders screaming at U Texas & the XII to expand because the lack of a conference champion hurts their hopes at a playoff slot.

Yes, the majority of them would be asking for expansion ASAP instead of a new conference. They are under the false perception that a change in a conference automatically changes the results on the field. The real truth is that their head coach is passed his prime and they need new energy. They are angry at the football program, not the conference. The conference is their target focus to release their discomfort of their football program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, the majority of them would be asking for expansion ASAP instead of a new conference. They are under the false perception that a change in a conference automatically changes the results on the field. The real truth is that their head coach is passed his prime and they need new energy. They are angry at the football program, not the conference. The conference is their target focus to release their discomfort of their football program.

Yeah I bet they barely notice programs that can't hold a candle to them are projected to make tens of millions more in television money annually.

They probably don't even remember Missouri, Nebraska, Arkansas or aTm... hopefully Iowa State doesn't mention Iowa.

Reaction Score
I've had my hat handed to me in the CR Boards over there by Cuse, BC, ND and UL fans...mainly Cuse and UL fans. The B1G fans over there are pretty cool with UCONN fans.

Many U of L fans don't dislike UConn. While I come here to read about CR news or many times no news, I wish the best for UConn, Cincy, and USF. I would like to see all three find a good home in the P5.

Reaction Score
Many U of L fans don't dislike UConn. While I come here to read about CR news or many times no news, I wish the best for UConn, Cincy, and USF. I would like to see all three find a good home in the P5.
The group that does must live over there then.

Reaction Score
Yeah I bet they barely notice programs that can't hold a candle to them are projected to make tens of millions more in television money annually.

They probably don't even remember Missouri, Nebraska, Arkansas or aTm... hopefully Iowa State doesn't mention Iowa.

Not to mention that their former colleagues, such as A&M and Nebraska, are treated equally with respect to revenue in their new homes versus the XII, which is more or less the U of Texas and 9 others. No resentment there, LOL.

Reaction Score
I shake my head a little bit with UL. That the AD there has done a terrific job is without question. But, he's playing with a little bit of fire in Petino and bringing Petrino back was an enormous gamble. That man has shown consistently throughout his career that he is without a moral compass. He can coach for sure, but I think there is a big possibility that UL pays a high price for bringing him back.

Reaction Score
I shake my head a little bit with UL. That the AD there has done a terrific job is without question. But, he's playing with a little bit of fire in Petino and bringing Petrino back was an enormous gamble. That man has shown consistently throughout his career that he is without a moral compass. He can coach for sure, but I think there is a big possibility that UL pays a high price for bringing him back.
I think it is a gamble that is paying off. They have the best AD in college sports and he certainly knows how to play the hand he is dealt. He has taken them from Conference USA to P5 members in many sports in a relatively short amount of time. I am not sure what the high price they will pay is. Morality in college athletics and especially within the NCAA is essentially nonexistent. I believe it was a great hire for their football program.

Reaction Score

Two words - Coach Calipari.

Reaction Score
Is there a specific CSNbbs thread you guys are talking about? I'll mix it up.
I went over there and I read about the ACC Media Guide - "FTS" message. Par for the course.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-743103.html
Any of the threads in the conference realignment section....ther is also a Pitt fan named Niko over there that LOVES to spread the UCONN hate

Reaction Score

So you're saying the likes of Purdue, Minnesota, Vanderbilt and Kentucky FB programs, should NOT be making more than the sooners? It really is amazing they didn't leave for the SEC when TAMU did.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 3h3 hours ago
UT president has assured Boren that B12 will expand by at least 2 and look into starting a B12 network using some UT content by 2017

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@MH3 ESPN will not allow any UT content owned by LHN to floated over to a FOX owned B12n...never

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@MH3 UT does not have enough Live Sport Content to make LHN viable...
Who would own B12N? FOX has rights to many B12 schools content

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire all I was told was they would find a way to do something. No idea who would own it but if I had to guess-fox.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you're saying the likes of Purdue, Minnesota, Vanderbilt and Kentucky FB programs, should NOT be making more than the sooners? It really is amazing they didn't leave for the SEC when TAMU did.

I'm just guessing Oklahoma and their fans would be of that opinion...

Reaction Score
Any of the threads in the conference realignment section....ther is also a Pitt fan named Niko over there that LOVES to spread the UCONN hate

What, exactly, can a Pitt fan say about us? That Dajuan Blair tossed Hasheem over his shoulder? Big deal.

This spring will mark the 75th year since Pitt has made the Final Four. There are kindergarteners who have seen us make the Final Four twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom