Non-Key Tweets | Page 261 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
What, exactly, can a Pitt fan say about us? That Dajuan Blair tossed Hasheem over his shoulder? Big deal.

This spring will mark the 75th year since Pitt has made the Final Four. There are kindergarteners who have seen us make the Final Four twice.
go over there and look him up...just be prepared to deal with the Cuse, UL and the occasional BC and ND that come to his aid

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What, exactly, can a Pitt fan say about us? That Dajuan Blair tossed Hasheem over his shoulder? Big deal.
This spring will mark the 75th year since Pitt has made the Final Four. There are kindergarteners who have seen us make the Final Four twice.

I love the fact that they had that Butler team we played in the Finals beat. They lost by sheer stupidity. Sadly one thing is true. We beat them on-court, but they beat us off.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that their former colleagues, such as A&M and Nebraska, are treated equally with respect to revenue in their new homes versus the XII, which is more or less the U of Texas and 9 others. No resentment there, LOL.
Thats why I think UConn belongs in the B1G...the "unity of purpose" conference whereas most except for the B1G/SEC/PAC have cronyism issues like the ACC and their only Network bargaining chip is welfare from Espin. Mo money please!!

Reaction Score
This isn't a non -key tweet but it goes to show you how hypocritical the media is and how self-serving most of their arguments are involving realignment. Here is a mailbag response by Stewart Mandel.............making the exact same argument for Kansas and Iowa State that he uses against UConn. It appears to him the reasons why Kansas and Iowa State belong in the P5 are the same reasons UConn doesn't. Hey loser, we went to the Fiesta Bowl 5 years ago. (its cyclical right) And in basketball, since 09, we went to three final fours and won two titles! I'd say we are better than Kansas and Iowa State.

Stewart, This is a crazy question but regarding Big 12 expansion, could the Big 12 kick out Kansas and Iowa State? Those two road trips are a hindrance to recruiting. No kid wants to play in Lawrence in November in front of 400 people. Kick those two out, get BYU, Cincinnati, UCF and Colorado State. Now you have a far stronger 12 teams and better product for TV. Thoughts?

-- Kevin, Texarkana, Texas

You do realize football is cyclical, right? While those two are struggling right now, Kansas is eight years removed from winning 12 games and an Orange Bowl, and Iowa State went to eight bowls in 13 years from 2000-12, five more than current juggernaut Baylor. Putting that aside, the only recent precedent I recall for a conference kicking a school out was the Big East with football-only member Temple in the mid-2000s. The Owls were not only non-competitive at that time, but the program couldn't meet even minimum attendance requirements and was a disaster academically.

I realize football is king, but Kansas and Iowa State, as you may be aware, both field pretty decent basketball programs. Are you suggesting the league should replace Kansas basketball with UCF basketball? Is Cincinnati's long-term football history any more predictive of future success than Iowa State's? Neither possibility is any more realistic than the semi-annual "why doesn't the SEC kick out Vanderbilt?" e-mails I receive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The two things I know about CR is Rule 1 (UConn is always going to get screwed) and Rule 2 (No one on the internet or press knows what's going happen ahead of time.) While Rule 1 is frustrating, I take some solace in Rule 2 when I read people by-passing us or outright dissing us. In the meantime, we just keep winning championships. It may not being the best long term strategy (like say being located in in a State wedged between NY and Philly with a population density that rivals Calcutta in some areas) but it reasonably satisfying in the near term.

( BTW - Rule 2 a.provides that the Rule 2 general rule does not apply to guys in car washes.)

Reaction Score
go over there and look him up...just be prepared to deal with the Cuse, UL and the occasional BC and ND that come to his aid
I've decided to stay away from that pile. Nothing can be gained by listening to those kinds of people.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This isn't a non -key tweet but it goes to show you how hypocritical the media is and how self-serving most of their arguments are involving realignment. Here is a mailbag response by Stewart Mandel...making the exact same argument for Kansas and Iowa State that he uses against UConn. It appears to him the reasons why Kansas and Iowa State belong in the P5 are the same reasons UConn doesn't. Hey loser, we went to the Fiesta Bowl 5 years ago. (its cyclical right) And in basketball, since 09, we went to three final fours and won two titles! I'd say we are better than Kansas and Iowa State.

Stewart, This is a crazy question but regarding Big 12 expansion, could the Big 12 kick out Kansas and Iowa State? Those two road trips are a hindrance to recruiting. No kid wants to play in Lawrence in November in front of 400 people. Kick those two out, get BYU, Cincinnati, UCF and Colorado State. Now you have a far stronger 12 teams and better product for TV. Thoughts?

-- Kevin, Texarkana, Texas

You do realize football is cyclical, right? While those two are struggling right now, Kansas is eight years removed from winning 12 games and an Orange Bowl, and Iowa State went to eight bowls in 13 years from 2000-12, five more than current juggernaut Baylor. Putting that aside, the only recent precedent I recall for a conference kicking a school out was the Big East with football-only member Temple in the mid-2000s. The Owls were not only non-competitive at that time, but the program couldn't meet even minimum attendance requirements and was a disaster academically.

I realize football is king, but Kansas and Iowa State, as you may be aware, both field pretty decent basketball programs. Are you suggesting the league should replace Kansas basketball with UCF basketball? Is Cincinnati's long-term football history any more predictive of future success than Iowa State's? Neither possibility is any more realistic than the semi-annual "why doesn't the SEC kick out Vanderbilt?" e-mails I receive.

I say this all of the time. Sports are cyclical. UConn football was competitive pre-Pasqualoni and has every ability to be competitive again. But in the court of national perception, the cyclical sports hypothesis (which has been proven correct time and time again) does not apply to UConn. UConn football will always sahq, and UConn basketball is going to lose forever now that we didn't make the tourney last year.

I'm always amazed at how obtuse people are, especially when they don't apply the same metrics/theories to UConn that they apply to EVERY OTHER SCHOOL/PROGRAM.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A 1AA program given the opportunity to play such powerhouses as Pitt, Rutgers, Cincinnati and West Virginia made it to a BCS bowl after only 7 years on conference membership.

Put more seriously, given the opportunity to play for something significant, the University of Connecticut has always, always, risen to the occasion and succeeded regardless of what sport you are talking about.

The only other school that switched conferences during this CR period since 2003 is Louisville and they had a 5 year stretch of FB that was on part if not worse that ours. None of the old BE schools can say that, nor can MD, TAMU, TCU, Missou, Utah, Colorado, or Nebraska.

But, Louisville isn't a top 20 public university and it's in a smaller TV market. So while CR rule #1 demands that data be parsed accordingly that doesn't mean that we won't succeed if given the chance.

Reaction Score
I've always thought that having so many professional sports teams in this area might hurt UCONN. But then again, when you go to a UCONN Football game and you see everyone wearing UCONN, Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Giants, Celtics, Bruins, Rangers gear, you know these are die-hard sports fans, not just local yokels rooting for the only game in town. These are serious fans who expect and have experienced multiple championships. Yes, if given an equal opportunity, there is no doubt in my mind UCONN Football rises to the top.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I liked the first post but not sure I agree with the formatting in the second post.
Ha ha, I just noticed that. In my defense, the post tripped something that made the post require a moderator's approval, so I played around trying to see if I could get it past the filter.

[I just deleted the second post.]

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
So... until developments merit I'm ignoring all expansion talk. I won't respond.

Color me stupid - final 4: Cincy, BYU, Memphis, UCF, UCONN. Only 2. TBD.

Yes things change quickly.

So what changed? ESPN told UT LHN is an albatross.

That's all I know. Maybe within a year.

Reaction Score
That's like saying that the bachelorette is going to pick one of the remaining contenders. Wow. Great insight dood.

Reaction Score
B12 Expansion Committee Exists
ucf #noflyzone ‏@knightbengal 30m30 minutes ago
So the b12 expansion committee officially exists. It's comprised of boren, gee, Ken Starr

Candidates: BYU, Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston and Memphis.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/article/20150723/GZ02/150729694

UCONN's chances could come with B1G expansion to 20 or ACC if B1G eventually raids the ACC in a few years.

Reaction Score
B12 Expansion Committee Exists
ucf #noflyzone ‏@knightbengal 30m30 minutes ago
So the b12 expansion committee officially exists. It's comprised of boren, gee, Ken Starr

Candidates: BYU, Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston and Memphis.

UCONN's chances could come with B1G expansion to 20 or ACC if B1G eventually raids the ACC in a few years.

I assume your last line about UConn is your own opinion since that isn't in the story.

What the story actually says is this:

Possible candidates for expansion include BYU, Boise State, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston and Memphis. I asked Gee, though, if there are any serious contenders currently before the committee.

“If there were,” he replied, “I wouldn’t tell you.”​

So really the schools that are being listed seem to be the authors own opinion, not a statement of fact.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
This info matches what the "Big Ten Man" told us in June...and it's why I tweeted for first time ever B12 will expand

"Possible candidates for expansion include BYU, Boise State, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston and Memphis."

According to "Big Ten Man" in June the B10 anticipates UCF/BYU or UCF/UH to be the final combos.
Look who is on committee....

On the B12 Expansion Committee we have BAY-Starr..WVU-Gee..OU-Boren.
This will be compromise decision between 2 B12 factions andTV partners

This is pretty much going the way B10 anticipated...but of course B10 could end up being wrong...of course.
But look for 1 East..1 West add

Ken Starr will sponsor the "Texas Block"
Gee will sponsor "Eastern Expansion Block"
Boren is there to make sure it gets done.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
This list "Possible candidates for expansion..BYU, Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston and Memphis."..was from article

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 49m49 minutes ago
And for those who missed my June tweets from "Big Ten Man" on why B10 believes B12 will choose either UCF/UH combo or UCF/BYU..let me recap.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48m48 minutes ago
B10 believes FOX will push UCF as thier #1 priority in B12 expansion. ESPN will support Texas Faction in a Western Addition to B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 46m46 minutes ago
ESPN/Texas Faction,according to what the B10 anticipates, will have UH/BYU as top 2 potential Western Adds. ESPN has strong relationship/BYU

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 44m44 minutes ago
The possible UH addition instead/over BYU will rest mainly on these 3 considerations from Texas Faction.....

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
1) How worried is Texas Faction in regards to Texas A&M recruiting and branding of SEC in Houston and its area just outside of Houston?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
2) How much will Texas Faction favor cutting down on travel with UH addition over BYU to balance stretching Travel with UCF addition.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
3) And of course the Texas Faction needs to look at possible cultural hurdles with BYU addition..and if it's too big a hurdle UH moves up

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
The other possible B12 candidates mention in this mornings article -Boise St-CSU-CINCY-Memphis are not mentioned by "Big Ten Man"..however..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
...sources, especially when talking about the perceptions of another conference, can be dead ass wrong.
Look for the following:.....

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 35m35 minutes ago
UCF will be all over Gee...UH/BYU will be all over Starr.
I would assume CSU-Boise St will be giving Starr some phone calls/info...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
...and CINCY/Memphis will be calling Gee constantly.
Remember...TV partners of FOX/ESPN need to sign off...they do.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
And right now...according to our source who broke June/news B12 is expanding for 2017 FB season..
FOX wants UCF
ESPN wants BYU..UH has shot.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
Receiving lots of questions on why not UC in B12?
Well..it could happen. Maybe B10-OSU bias is keeping B10 from believing B12 could pick UC

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7m7 minutes ago
But let me explained it one more time from the B10 perspective. Is UC going to be FOX first choice? Nope.
Will ESPN fight for UC in B12?...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
...It doesn't look that way. When/if ESPN goes to bat for UC it will be about adding them to ACC...according to B10.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
Will Gee go to bat for UC?...because he will have to...and BIG TIME...to make UC a top candidate. Will a former tOSU President do that?...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
The B10 doesn't think so...will see.
What the "Big Ten Man" was adamant about was ESPN would not allow 2 eastern adds..and...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
...it doesn't seem like TexasFaction is all that keen in adding 2 Easten Adds...don't want to stretch Travel.

Brian A ‏@BriUConn · 3m3 minutes ago
@flugempire Any News From Your Big Ten Guy On The Big Ten??

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
@Briuconn No.
I wish..but nope

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've always thought that having so many professional sports teams in this area might hurt UCONN. But then again, when you go to a UCONN Football game and you see everyone wearing UCONN, Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Giants, Celtics, Bruins, Rangers gear, you know these are die-hard sports fans, not just local yokels rooting for the only game in town. These are serious fans who expect and have experienced multiple championships. Yes, if given an equal opportunity, there is no doubt in my mind UCONN Football rises to the top.
If Uconn could bring together , Yankee /Redsox fans, Celtic/Knicks, Rangers/Bruins
They are a force for world peace ,what a selling point.
Who else can make such an incredible claim.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 38m
After reading McMurphy's statements I see we don't disagree on all things. He does not rule out UH addition..
http://www.espn929.com/pages/21786932.php?contentType=4&contentId=17618265

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 39m39 minutes ago
...which I though he did in saying B12 would not expand West. But he does rule out BYU..which as you know my info differs greatly.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 37m37 minutes ago
However..McMurphy's pathway to B12 expansion is not realistic for a couple of reasons..which leads him to wrong path

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 37m37 minutes ago
1) McMurphy talks about how he sees all conferences with 16 schools..he wraps a nice bow around expansion/realignment. But that is not..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 35m35 minutes ago
...that is not how it works in the past..not the future. 2) He talks about 5-10 years after B10 might pick off 1/2 ACC schools..however..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 34m34 minutes ago
...B1G is not picking off any ACC schools in a 5 year timeframe..not with ACC GOR. So his motivation of B12 expansion is off quite a bit.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 32m32 minutes ago
So McMurphy and "Big Ten Man" have some agreements..being UH-UCF among top of B12 expansion targets. But much is different among the 2 men

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
B12 is not going to expand due to events B1G might do 2025. Dbor words were serious...expansion committee is serious. B12 issues are serious

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 29m29 minutes ago
So in conclusion: McMurphy's statement seems like words off on old song book of expansion. B12 getting ready to sing an original song

Reaction Score
It is all so confusing..

I mean...All I'm saying is that at any point during that ride through the desert he could have given that horse a name.

I am always confused by this kind of stuff.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Sorry folks, I don't have any more info than I gave you yesterday.

The Big 12 is likely to expand in 2016/2017 but the schools have yet to be selected.

Expansion has been fast-tracked due to LHN & ESPN. Texas is reluctant to let ESPN out of the contract but the writing is on the wall.

So how soon the Big 12 expands depends on two factors... how they do in the CFB playoff & how quickly UT agrees to talk about LHN.

All those schools I mentioned are even except BYU has a slight lead. But nothing has been decided.

The Big 12 will likely go for the best market, best fit into Big 12 culture & best football program.

The Big 12 really likes Memphis. And they really like their commitment to football. Cincy & UCF are right there too.

I'm not answering any questions about this because I'm not sure I have all the details & I don't want my opinion to be confused with fact.

To make matters worse I had an accident on Monday. Broke 3 ribs, bruised my sternum & separated my shoulder.

So I haven't felt like calling people or even emailing much.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jul 15
Sadly UH isn't getting invited. Cincy isn't getting invited. UCF isn't getting invited. Neither is BYU, Memphis, ECU or Jack Daniels U.

Wasted Space ‏@_Wasted_Space_ · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Wait. This was 9 days ago...

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @_Wasted_Space_ Things change. I told you I would tell you when they did. They did.

@_Wasted_Space_ Thank ESPN...

One more thing. Big 12 is going to continue to deny expansion as they work with media partners to identify best fits.

There is also the possibility they change their mind again if Texas plans to hold ESPN to the fire.

So as with everything expansion oriented its not true until the presser and even then its iffy...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom