Non-Key Tweets | Page 259 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny, I thought no one could pass the Rutgers AD.

At Rutgers you can embarrass yourself... but you don't have one of the best athletic programs in the country to destroy.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
MH ver3‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
UTs Steve Patterson had a heated debate with Boren yesterday. Told him if OU was so unhappy then leave.

Murr‏@MurrDCU 1h1 hour ago
@MH. ver3 what was Boren's response?

@MurrDCU don't know. I just get scraps.

Also hinted strongly that UT would have a very lucrative life after the b12. Said ESPN will take care of the horns.

ME: So OU to SEC, ISU/KU to B1G and UConn/UT to ACC? :cool:

Couple of things:

1. What is Fox getting out of all of this? They hold OU's tier three rights. Fox has to get something out of this for them to release their biggest non Big10 tier three rights. KU and ISU just don't cut it.

2. Why would the Big10 want ISU? I hate to tell you, but the only way they would take ISU is if they made a deal to pick up OU and UT. ISU would lose money for the Big10 and wouldn't bring in any new markets or even political clout within the AAU.

3. If it were KU and ISU, the Big10 wouldn't expand. They don't need to for the sake of expanding.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Funny, I thought no one could pass the Rutgers AD.

Former Michigan AD Dave Brandon sure gave everyone a run for their money. He almost bankrupted the Michigan AD! He hired a plane to fly over Spartan Stadium with a banner that read Go Blue. Michigan wasn't playing MSU at the time. When it came out that ND was breaking the agreement to play Michigan, Dave Brandon called ND chicken and played the Chicken Dance after we beat them in the Big House in 2013. He was so hated, the students rallied for his firing months before he was removed.

His favorite quote was "If it ain't broke, break it."

Reaction Score
Not a tweet, but HeinousOne's theory over on Landthieves:

1. ESPN could use some more major tax breaks from The State of Connecticut right now with all the bad press coming out in the media about their finances. The ACC accepting UConn will help grease those wheels. UConn certainly is not high up on the ACC's list but the ACC Network is. The same goes for allowing in Texas with a partial contract and then the likes of Baylor with them fully.

These aren't the most exciting moves for The ACC but getting the ACC Network, at this point, seems like a life or death issue for some ACC schools.

No taxes for life for a P5 invite! !!

Reaction Score

1. ESPN could use some more major tax breaks from The State of Connecticut right now with all the bad press coming out in the media about their finances. The ACC accepting UConn will help grease those wheels. UConn certainly is not high up on the ACC's list but the ACC Network is. The same goes for allowing in Texas with a partial contract and then the likes of Baylor with them fully.

These aren't the most exciting moves for The ACC but getting the ACC Network, at this point, seems like a life or death issue for some ACC schools.
Yeah Jostar...I saw that too...tax breaks supposedly for Espin to push UConn to the ACC. According to Helnous1's elaborate theories!! I'd like to know where he gets his info?

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 5h5 hours ago
UTs Steve Patterson had a heated debate with Boren yesterday. Told him if OU was so unhappy then leave.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Genetics56 @Don_304 So an AD on thin ice told the PRESIDENT of a B12 university to leave the conference.

pj

Reaction Score
If he wanted to get Texas people more angry at him, driving Oklahoma out of the B12 would be a good move.

Reaction Score

If he has the same screen name on CSNBBS he is a HUGE UCONN hater

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Everyone on csnbbs is a huge UConn hater. Especially all our old pals from the big east.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The State of Connecticut has maxed out its ESPN handout budget. The business community is already unhappy with Malloy cutting taxes for a favored few while raising them for everyone else. Outside of the reps from Bristol and the surrounding towns, I don't see the state legislature supporting more tax credits for the worldwide leader given the condition of the state's budget.

Reaction Score
The Steve Patterson Experience is amazing. It's incredible to watch someone so inept in such a public job.
The whole world sees it everyday at the highest level, and I'm not talking about athletics.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The state gave UTC a sweetheart deal and, a year later, UConn and UTC came to an agreement to give UConn more land to be able to safely expand the stadium by 10-15K. But, then again, UTC has a history of being pro-UConn that ESPiN doesn't.

It's an interesting theory but not one that has any legs whatsoever, unfortunately. People outside of CT vastly overestimate ESPiN's relationship with/to UConn.

Reaction Score
The state gave UTC a sweetheart deal and, a year later, UConn and UTC came to an agreement to give UConn more land to be able to safely expand the stadium by 10-15K. But, then again, UTC has a history of being pro-UConn that ESPiN doesn't.

It's an interesting theory but not one that has any legs whatsoever, unfortunately. People outside of CT vastly overestimate ESPiN's relationship with/to UConn.
Wait! ESPN has a relationship with UConn? Outside of their former employee Cowherd, I thought that they invented rul e1 of C.R. The former Thunderchicken A.D. basically came out & said so.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wait! ESPN has a relationship with UConn? Outside of their former employee Cowherd, I thought that they invented rul e1 of C.R. The former Thunderchicken A.D. basically came out & said so.

Oh sure, they have a relationship. A very bad, very sour, very contemptuous relationship that they own our rights for chicken scraps when we should be valued at 30x what they're paying.

Reaction Score
Yes I'm sure someone who was Gov of Oklahoma would have a heated debate with the most overmatched AD in college sports.

Got a copy and paste out of it tho.

Not only that, but some yahoo who is most likely sleeping on his meth dealer's futon would be privy to the knowledge that this unlikely conversation took place.

Reaction Score
TBTimes_Bulls 3:36pm via Twitter Web Client
For the umpteenth time, we asked @MarkHarlanUSF about #USF's conference future. For the umpteenth time, he obliged.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/for-now-bulls-to-big-12-buzz-has-no-substance/2238152

>>Harlan said neither he nor USF president Judy Genshaft have received direct overtures about expansion from any Power Five conference, but added "we're always in the loop, so to speak, with those kinds of things." Harlan, for one, regularly has an ear to the ground as a member of the NCAA Division I Competition Oversight Committee.

"So I'm always in the conversation about national changes, whether they're expansion, rule changes or those kinds of things," he said. But as rational expansion conversation goes, there's simply nothing new to report, he says.<<

Reaction Score
He said "rational expansion conversation".....so, I guess that there must be irrational conversations ongoing?

Reaction Score

He sees OK and Kansas being picked up by the Big Ten before anything more happens on the East Coast. I wouldn't say that he's a UCONN hater.

That board is mostly about the UConn and Big Ten guys knocking heads with the ACC guys and Domer (you know who ;)).

Reaction Score
He sees OK and Kansas being picked up by the Big Ten before anything more happens on the East Coast. I wouldn't say that he's a UCONN hater.

That board is mostly about the UConn and Big Ten guys knocking heads with the ACC guys and Domer (you know who ;)).
I've had my hat handed to me in the CR Boards over there by Cuse, BC, ND and UL fans...mainly Cuse and UL fans. The B1G fans over there are pretty cool with UCONN fans.

Reaction Score

If you mean me, I don't knock heads with any UConn guys on the CSNbbs boards. Big Ten guys? Sure.

Reaction Score

I hope UCONN gets into the B1G so that I can go over there and give it back to the Cuse and UL fans. Talk about a group of a s s clowns

Reaction Score
For all my faults I am happy to know that the only place I get my daily diet of CR lunacy is right here.
Go over there for 5 minutes and you will realize why you hate Syracuse, Louisville, BC, ND and Pitt so much. The love fest between the UL and Cuse fans will make you sick to your stomach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom