Non-Key Tweets | Page 255 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It looks like we have a new twitter yahoo joining in the fun, TCU fan this time:

Geoffrey Mitchell‏@geoffmitchell 4h4 hours ago
The B12 is dealing with an internal fight over the future, which is not news to anyone. But the stakes have been raised this week.

The average new piece about the B12 after the last month of Boren comments amounts to: UCF, Houston, Cincy or BYU. No longer the case.

When Boren first spoke a month ago he made news when he said the contract would grow with new teams. This was the real news. Party line...

For over the last two year has been that new teams had to meet a financial threshold to "grow" the contract. Turns out you add it grows.

eoffrey Mitchell‏@geoffmitchell 4h4 hours ago
When Boren broke that news it all of a sudden made expansion at least a realistic option. B12 is at a psychological disadvantage with 10.

The last two weeks have been rumors and message board "facts" about OU and some variation or OSU WVa looking at SEC if there is no expansion

frey Mitchell‏@geoffmitchell 4h4 hours ago
If you listen to OU fans they want out of current B12 faster than Cliff Barnes out of a JR Ewing oil deal. Well their president is acting.

I'm not sharing this to because I'm the new guy for realignment (my pointless timeline should prove that). This is just what I've learned.

offrey Mitchell‏@geoffmitchell 4h4 hours ago
The pro expansion voices of the B12 are now aware that the ACC has their own "contract" smokescreen w/ their GOR. Their GOR is not a B12 GOR

chael‏@micjame 3h3 hours ago
@geoffmitchell Can you elaborate? What makes the ACC GOR vulnerable? Why would ESPN allow ACC to dissolve and stengthen fox conferences?

Geoffrey Mitchell‏@geoffmitchell 3h3 hours ago
@micjame GOR is void because of lack of ACCN. ACC with 14 current teams could add two and remain P5

The pro expansion B12 voices are ready to make a move and pay the exit fee for FSU Clemson- and maybe two more.

Hook'Em‏@UTexLonghorns 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell the big question is if FSU would be interested

@UTexLonghorns FSU made real cuts to afford cost of attendance. I'd have to think they are.

Hook'Em‏@UTexLonghorns 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell well, those 2 were my first choices to join after aggy left. Hope it happens. I would love to have UL also for basketball.

AZ‏@azescobar1 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell - that's big money if true- UConn to the ACC makes more sense than Memphis Cincy and the other honkey tonk Florida schools

All the rhetoric of no candidates in Gang of 5 looks to be void. The B12 is looking to offer the ACC. Guess which one tea, doesn't want to?

So there is a large battle between OU and UT, as well as other schools now finding a spine in dealing with Austin. But Austin is weak now

Story just this evening about UT AD on the outs with current UT president. Now is the time to strike is their thinking.

ME: If you're a fan of a school that could end up being one of the left behinds then why not go to that well again? :p

1. 1 favorit

Don‏@Don_304 4h4 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @JoeMcMurphy I have to run but I will say that I truly trust Geoff. He's not one of those secretive insider types.

@Don_304 @JoeMcMurphy If I'm wrong, I'll own it. Because I have nothing to gain- no message brd blog or site to drive you to!

Don‏@Don_304 2h2 hours ago
@geoffmitchell @JoeMcMurphy Au contraire! I'd love for you to be an admin on my site.

ME: Hahahahahahahahahaha!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who makes an obscure Dallas reference in a twitter feed? Is this guy 60?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would love to see UL move to the Big 12. Makes sense geographically and kind shows up the ACC are the dopes they are. Of course if that happen we'd likely be in that vulnerable conference.

Reaction Score
It has become gospel (Dude, Ch. 2014) that the ACC GOR has an out if there is no ACCN.

I have seen no reputable source making that reference. From listening to a couple of FSU BOT members, I don't think that is so. It is true that FSU signed the GOR after being reassured about the possibility of a ACCN, and those BOT members recently reminded Swofford of that fact, but nobody has mentioned an "out".

Reaction Score
It has become gospel (Dude, Ch. 2014) that the ACC GOR has an out if there is no ACCN.

I have seen no reputable source making that reference. From listening to a couple of FSU BOT members, I don't think that is so. It is true that FSU signed the GOR after being reassured about the possibility of a ACCN, and those BOT members recently reminded Swofford of that fact, but nobody has mentioned an "out".
How dare you say no reputable source! Dude has "impeccable" sources.

Reaction Score
Bill Robison ‏@BillRobison1990 49m49 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell is Christopher Lambert the source of your expert legal analysis of the ACC GOR?

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 48m48 minutes ago
@BillRobison1990 No

Reaction Score
The ACC GOR is not available on line far as I can tell. The Big 12 GOR has been published and the ACC received assistance from the Big 12 in fashioning their document...so that may tell you something.

And....there is no out in the BIg 12 GOR that isn't very painful.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The speculation on effectiveness of the ACC GOR has been/is/will be contingent on the Maryland-to-the-Big Ten settlement.

Reaction Score
The speculation on effectiveness of the ACC GOR has been/is/will be contingent on the Maryland-to-the-Big Ten settlement.
Maryland left before the GOR, so I don't see the relevance.

Reaction Score
The ACC GOR is not available on line far as I can tell. The Big 12 GOR has been published and the ACC received assistance from the Big 12 in fashioning their document...so that may tell you something.

And....there is no out in the BIg 12 GOR that isn't very painful.

Found ACC GOR... posted on other thread.

The Exit fee, still in place (and Maryland's $32 million settlement) is another subject entirely from a grant of media rights....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maryland left before the GOR, so I don't see the relevance.
I didn't remember the timeline, however it is still relevant in that the ACC wanted a crap ton of money. Maryland doesn't want to pay the crap ton of money demanded by the ACC. A lawyer remotely worth his salt will assign a value to EVERYTHING and everything becomes a bargaining chip.

If the two sides can't come to an agreement then the current contract prevails, but agreements are renegotiated all the time.

Reaction Score
Found ACC GOR... posted on other thread.

The Exit fee, still in place (and Maryland's $32 million settlement) is another subject entirely from a grant of media rights....
As I understand it, the $32MM was money that the ACC already had in possession from withholding payments to Maryland. That makes me suspect that the correct number for leaving the ACC may be much lower.

Reaction Score
I didn't remember the timeline, however it is still relevant in that the ACC wanted a crap ton of money. Maryland doesn't want to pay the crap ton of money demanded by the ACC. A lawyer remotely worth his salt will assign a value to EVERYTHING and everything becomes a bargaining chip.

If the two sides can't come to an agreement then the current contract prevails, but agreements are renegotiated all the time.

That has already been settled:

The University of Maryland and the ACC announced a settlement Friday that allows the conference to keep $31.3 million in exit fees paid by the school in the wake of its move to the Big Ten.

The agreement, which ends nearly two years of contentious litigation, frees Maryland from making any future payments to the ACC, of which it was a founding member. While it closes a round in the multimillion dollar game of conference realignment, the settlement also could set a precedent — and send a stark message — for schools looking to move and conferences seeking to stop them.

“I think what most conferences will do is make it more difficult to exit in the future,” said Gabe Feldman, director of the sports law program at Tulane University. “I think the ACC has made that clear.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...702a18-1f3b-11e4-ae54-0cfe1f974f8a_story.html

Reaction Score
The reality is that as long as Texas is part of the b12, it's highly unlikely anyone is leaving another p5 conference to join the b12. It's to f..ed up with that situation to risk moving. However, if you are the non ut, ok, folks in the b12, you have to wonder if they will evaluate affiliating with others as the tv contracts become closer to expiration. Although they are in the p5, it's an uncertain future. They'll still probably end up chasing the $'s, but it's clear an uncertain path for some of them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The reality is that as long as Texas is part of the b12, it's highly unlikely anyone is leaving another p5 conference to join the b12. It's to f..ed up with that situation to risk moving. However, if you are the non ut, ok, folks in the b12, you have to wonder if they will evaluate affiliating with others as the tv contracts become closer to expiration. Although they are in the p5, it's an uncertain future. They'll still probably end up chasing the $'s, but it's clear an uncertain path for some of them.

I think the corollary may be true too. The Pac 12 passed on Texas, and has never looked back. I don't see Nebraska allowing the Big 10 to sign up for that mess. Do you think Texas A&M wants Texas in the SEC? The ACC is only P5 league that would even take Texas.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
SEC not interested in challenging Big 12 GoR. No interest in adding OU or any Big 12 school while GoR is in effect.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
@zachmauch @jimi357 I don't care what others are saying. The Big 12 is bound by a GoR & nobody - not OU or UT or WVU - has any place to go.

@zachmauch @jimi357 I've spend 3 weeks chasing rumors down rabbit holes. the Big 12 is locked solid by the GoR. Anything else is BS.

@zachmauch @jimi357 If @mh3 is saying otherwise he's a liar. If @flugempire is saying it then he's a liar.

@jimi357 You can't void the GoR.

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 · 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV @zachmauch @jimi357 @MHver3 Greg has always said it would be later. The FSU rumor last night was a lie.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Genetics56 @flugempire @zachmauch @jimi357 I can show you 2 years of emails where Greg gave me bogus tip after bogus tip.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@Genetics56 @flugempire @zachmauch @jimi357 And my replies telling him I checked them out and found nothing to them. Privately.

I feel foolish I have wasted 3 weeks of my life tracking down nonsense I should have known was nonsense.

I'm going to say this one time.

The Big 12 is not breaking up. Oklahoma is not leaving and does not want to leave. UT is not leaving and does not want to leave.

The Big 12 is not expanding until it is profitable to do so and if they do they will target other P5 schools first.

Sadly UH isn't getting invited. Cincy isn't getting invited. UCF isn't getting invited. Neither is BYU, Memphis, ECU or Jack Daniels U.

I will not waste any more time responding to crackpots with theories culled from websites and message boards.

KilroyFSU ‏@KilroyFSU · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Why does Boren make that statement if it's not about either leaving or expansion then?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @KilroyFSU Senile? Certainly OU & WVU want the Big 12 to expand.

@KilroyFSU But its hard to make threats when you are bound by a GoR....

@KilroyFSU Because Texas replied... "Let's talk expansion in 2025 shall we? Okay then..."

@scott2333 I get tired of the Big 12 being so boneheaded. Just expand already. I would love to see a 14 team Big 12 with BYU.

@MHWharton None of the schools in the Big 12 have great need. None have need great enough to risk challenging GoR.

@MHWharton The worst part. I am disappointed with myself for even giving these rumors enough credibility to waste my time & the time of my

@MHWharton contacts to check them out. So you don't have to tell me how irrelevant I am. I know that as a certified fact.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, the $32MM was money that the ACC already had in possession from withholding payments to Maryland. That makes me suspect that the correct number for leaving the ACC may be much lower.

Well...the precedent has been set by the $32 million paid by Maryland for the Exit Fee....the GOR would be on top of that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We can't have the time of the dude's sources wasted....
talking-chewie-1024x977.jpg

"That's right OU's not going anywhere is it Chewie?"

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
SEC not interested in challenging Big 12 GoR. No interest in adding OU or any Big 12 school while GoR is in effect.

8 members vote to dissolve. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
Time for some crow. Remember when I said I would admit mistakes. Here comes....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
I had info about WVU / OU & the SEC. I sat on it - thankfully because it wasn't accurate.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
No conference in the P5 will challenge another conferences GoR. The SEC will not challenge a GoR.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
The P5 will be configured as is for the next 9-10 years. No movement. Nobody from the ACC or B12 is going anywhere else.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
None of the P5 conferences will solicit any other member of a P5 conf.

In 10 years the P5 will likely bargain collectively for a new TV deal. Sum greater than the parts thing.

At that time there is likely to be some geographic realignment to restore rivalries & such.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
That's a given. If TV is paying they want the rivalries & with everybody making the same thing there are no drawbacks.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
If your school has a seat at the table now it will always have a seat at the table.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8m8 minutes ago
If your school is in the G5 then you have 7-10 years to earn a spot. So quit complaining & get busy.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
It wasn't overly stated but I got the feeling the P5 have called a truce. No poaching allowed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
By the way I've basically confirmed the ACC GoR is not legally binding because of lack of payment. Doesn't matter. It might as well be.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
Nobody is leaving the ACC. Nobody is leaving the Big 12. Get used to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom