Non-Key Tweets | Page 254 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was MH3 he claimed was plugged in.

You can look it up. I did, and still do, believe that MH3 has a contact in an athletic department, probably at WVU, although he may have another in a Big 10 athletic department (Ohio State?), that feeds him information occasionally. MH3 was way ahead of WVU leaving the Big East and also called it to the Big 12. He has gotten a lot wrong since, but he is occasionally correct with something that he would have to have a source to know. The Dude has never been right about anything, other than maybe by pure accident, and I have never felt otherwise.

I did think Florida State and Clemson were going to the Big 12, and I was not the only one that thought the ACC was breaking up. I actually based that more on a Clemson "insider" on the Scout board (I believe) than just MH3. I have gotten a lot of "I told you so's" from various posters about that, even though all but 2 or 3 didn't actually "tell me so". They just like to say "you were wrong" to the posters that actually contribute to this board.

Whaler was one of only a small handful that I recall who was firm that the ACC would not break up, no matter how much message board chatter and even news articles there were to the contrary. I do believe that the ACC leveraged all of that activity to get ESPN to reopen a 15 year deal and practically double it. And NO ONE predicted that would happen.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@JBruceHarris Well... clearly Oklahoma and WVU are pushing expansion. Clearly Texas is happy at 10 & sees no need for a B12N.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@JBruceHarris Clearly OU and WVU have fired warning shots at the Big 12. But that's only half of the equation.

The Dude changes direction faster that Mitt Romney during the last presidential election and I find it hard to digest that suddenly WV power-wise is on par with Oklahoma in the XII and is now after Texas. Afterall, WVU is in the XII by Texas's good graces. I suspect that if the Long Horns told WVU to shut-up, WVU would put a moonshine flavored pacifier in its own mouth. The only reason for WVU not to follow Texas's lead is if they know the XII is already doomed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I still don't think the ACC is going to break up. I think the schools are generally very happy to stay in the ACC.

I think an underrated reason is that Florida State and Clemson understand their chances to make the CFB playoffs are much better in the ACC than any other league.

The more I contemplate what is going on at ESPN - you either want to be negotiating right now or you want to have a long term deal. You don't want to be getting to the table in 2019-2020 or so - absolute panic might be setting in for the industry at that time.

Having 90% of the people voluntarily subsidize 10% was only going to work for so long.

The Big Ten is going to have to expand to grow their network. I look at the SEC network and almost everyone looks like a net negative on the rake - the Big Ten still can grow their revenue with the right schools. I think those schools are UVA/UNC and maybe Georgia Tech/VPI.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
"When it comes to recruiting news, I, Nelson, believe that the Dude of West Virginia is truly wired into the pulse. I implicitly endorse him and his tweets. He is the man." - Nelsonmuntz, July 23rd, 2014, 5:43 pm.

Unfortunately, you can't find the post because the entire thread was deleted after HFD threatened to blow up the Bolivian embassy if UConn wasn't invited into the Pac 12 three posts later.

But trust me, there it is.
I pray that on the off chance UConn does get the P5 invite, I happen to be somewhere in the general vicinity of HFD when he gets the news. If that happens, I'll film it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I pray that on the off chance UConn does get the P5 invite, I happen to be somewhere in the general vicinity of HFD when he gets the news. If that happens, I'll film it.
Perhaps something like this?

Reaction Score
@nelsonmuntz , I agree. MH has been ahead of the curve on Big 12 expansion as well. Right down to saying they will be G5 schools. Maybe he is wrong maybe he is right we will see, but he was ridiculed for saying this would happen way before the GOP expired.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's good to see the Dude is committed to only delivering news of the factual/realistic variety.
Did you notice the Dude's statement was "factual or plausible" not "factual and plausible". As long as he views what he tweets as plausible he's adhering to his self imposed standards.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
This explains being all over the place.... he's just cranky!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 2.26.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 2.26.42 PM.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 68

GG

Reaction Score
MHVER3 broke the RU and MD to Big 10 (at least that is the first that I had heard about it). The Dude is just giving me whiplash. Oddly, I continue to read his tweets.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
broke the RU and MD to Big 10 (at least that is the first that I had heard about it). The Dude is just giving me whiplash. Oddly, I continue to read his tweets.

Actually, a poster on this board broke that. To my knowledge, it was that posters only post ever.

Reaction Score
BTW, if the above is true, it means Pluto will be leaving the TNO (planetary equivalent of Mountain West). This will hurt. With Eris, it was one of the bell cows:

800px-EightTNOs.png

Reaction Score
Great...the P8 of planets expands to P9.

Pluto now in the P9...no longer an outsider.

Reaction Score
broke the RU and MD to Big 10 (at least that is the first that I had heard about it). The Dude is just giving me whiplash. Oddly, I continue to read his tweets.
You single? There's a thread some guy started looking for dates.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
@nelsonmuntz , I agree. MH has been ahead of the curve on Big 12 expansion as well. Right down to saying they will be G5 schools. Maybe he is wrong maybe he is right we will see, but he was ridiculed for saying this would happen way before the GOP expired.
The GOP has an expiration date? Sweet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
John Kerry ‏@JohnKerry 9h9 hours ago
P5+1 & #Iran reached agreement, bringing insight & accountability to nuclear program - not for small # of yrs, but lifetime of program.

666 retweets807 favorites

And yet we are still in the G5
Wow, that hurts. I mean if Iran gets a P5 deal while we are still on the outside looking in it, I think we should just shut down this board, fold the tents and call it a day.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
No way the ACC breaks up. The big 12 will get eaten and I think, through a combination of threats, saber rattling and common sense that there will eventually be 4 twenty team super conferences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom