Non-Key Tweets | Page 256 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So the Dude is saying things will remain stagnant for 7-10 years. This inevitably means that realignment is imminent, right?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
How on earth can the Dude say he sat on the rumor on WV and OU but yet just recently told everyone they were talking with the SEC. I am sure he is here for comedic relief but maybe we should just put an all out ban on his tweets. Usually if you ignore the crack pot long enough they just fade away under their own unimportance.

Reaction Score
The Dude is delusional and a moron. He makes stuff up and pretends to have sources. He is some guy who probably has a friend that works for WV and pretends to be important.

Reaction Score
That's exactly right. And do you think they want another ND on their hands, stealing their bowls and running their own TV deal?

Reaction Score
I think the corollary may be true too. The Pac 12 passed on Texas, and has never looked back. I don't see Nebraska allowing the Big 10 to sign up for that mess. Do you think Texas A&M wants Texas in the SEC? The ACC is only P5 league that would even take Texas.
That's exactly right. And do you think they want another ND on their hands, stealing their bowls and running their own TV deal?

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
Another nail in the B12 coffin? ESPN and ACC set to announce launch of ACC dedicated network ACCN

Network is going to be offered on both cable plans and as a subscription streaming network. Hearing around $10 monthly

ACCN may kick off coverage with a simulcast of UNC/ Duke bball this coming season with special features on AcCN cast of the game

Accn is also securing tons of high school bball and football coverage in conference states and some states outside to bolster demand. Texas

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 53m53 minutes ago
$20 mil per month after 5 years in subs alone. 50% of it straight to ACC. Plus 50% ad revenue and 50% carriage fees.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 49m49 minutes ago
Expected accn to launch in over 90 million homes.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 48m48 minutes ago
40 mil per month in carriage fees 5 mil in advertising revenue Do the math for one year

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 28m28 minutes ago
Just spoke to my source. Clarification on high school games. Those are pending a change in NCAA bylaws that are in the works

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Question: who will own this network?...will ESPN have 100% ownership? I'm guessing they would

@flugempire hearing acc will receive 50% of ad revenue for first five years and will get 10% vested each year for first 5 years ownership

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 I'm assuming ND & NBC is not part of the deal...correct?

@flugempire not sure on football but other sports will be there.

@flugempire also estimating at least $30 mil in ad revenue im year 1 which i think is rather high but espn is going to add network to cable

Murr‏@MurrDCU 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 @flugempire any clue on in state and out carriage fees could be?

@MurrDCU @flugempire hearing a flat fee of $0.45 across the board.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
@hawkeyeND @MH ver3 @Genetics56 But I don't think it's an insurmountable hurdle..especially if Raycom provides infrastructure and gets$

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
@flugempire @hawkeyeND @Genetics56 my source tested me back that Random is working with ESPN for benefit if vested interstate in acc

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
@flugempire @hawkeyeND @Genetics56 he is unsure about the small amount of content other networks own

ME: Will wait for real news reports but if this has any legs...Hoooo, boy! Blows up the theory of "football drives the bus" sky high! UConn could still be admitted. This is how BTN took off. A bunch of crappy football games won't build up a network. You need a collection of sports across the board. Basketball. Lacrosse. Soccer. Baseball. National profile. Sick of football-first yahoos monopolizing the conversation. Time for other sports to get the spotlight. Yes, even at Florida State and Clemson.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
@hawkeyeND and FWIW I hate hate hate the ACC. I want to see them fail. They ruined what I thought was WVUs best home: the old Big East

Hawkeye‏@hawkeyeND 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I still hold out hope the B1G will steal 2 more schools from the ACC; hopefully the GoR is tied to an ACCN that won't materialize

ME: Umm, try the Big 12. I hear Kansas could be had for the right price.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like I said, I'll wait for actual news before celebrating. But this should be good for college sports, not just the ACC. The goober population in flyover country often forget that college sports is more than just football and basketball.

The Big Ten could add Kansas and Iowa State when the first opportunity comes. UConn and Cincinnati to the ACC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no chance.

Let's look at what this nitwit is saying....the ACC Network will launch in 90,000,000 households inside of six months. ESPN is only in 90,000,000 households.

I thought that was the dopiest thing I could possible have read today and then the guy above posted about Iowa State heading to the Big Ten.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reading this thread while drunk is much different than reading it while sober.

Not necessarily better or worse. Just different.

(Took me a while to type that without errors)
Somewhere HFD is smiling and nodding, or is passed out with a little drool trickle....it could be either one.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 Question: who will own this network?...will ESPN have 100% ownership? I'm guessing they would

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire hearing acc will receive 50% of ad revenue for first five years and will get 10% vested each year for first 5 years ownership

@flugempire acc and ESPN believes by year 5 it will generate 2 million online subs

@flugempire also estimating at least $30 mil in ad revenue im year 1 which i think is rather high but espn is going to add network to cable

@flugempire bundle at a very low rate for max early adoption

@flugempire banking on success of mlb and wwe network online subs

Reaction Score
"In 10 years the P5 will likely bargain collectively for a new TV deal. Sum greater than the parts thing."

Yup, the B1G schools are going to say to Wake Forest and TCU and Baylor, look, we know you have small constituencies, so our schools pooled together some money, and we want to share it with you!

Also, .45 flat fee for ACCN? That's it?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
I'm out... I need a twitter vacation. My mind is blown by the strange journey of the last few weeks. A tale for another day...

Joe McMurphy ‏@JoeMcMurphy · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Have fun. See if you can stay away all of next week during media days too.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@JoeMcMurphy Want me to tell you what the B12 will say?

Joe McMurphy ‏@JoeMcMurphy · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Ha. No expansion for 7-10 years. Happy at 10 - no viable candidate that moves the money needle available. Heard it all before.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JoeMcMurphy Serious ? for you. Aren't you tired of the rumors that never pan out? At least 4 rounds of B12 exp rumors that never hit.

@JoeMcMurphy lots of mixed messages this week. Lots of back & forth. I was basically told to shut up.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @JoeMcMurphy The tweet of the day. Is this why you get Whiplash...and give us whiplash on your ever changing comments?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is no chance.

Let's look at what this nitwit is saying....the ACC Network will launch in 90,000,000 households inside of six months. ESPN is only in 90,000,000 households.

I thought that was the dopiest thing I could possible have read today and then the guy above posted about Iowa State heading to the Big Ten.

This stuff has gotten amazing.

That would be $500 million dollars a year in just carriage fees. They have been dragging their feet while sitting on a pot of gold... essentially a network as valuable at launch as the SEC network. .66 cents in 70 million homes.

You'd think if you were going to make something up you'd realize...

if it's in 90 million homes... you wouldn't limit the high school sports coverage to the ACC states.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also if it's in 90 million homes how in the holy hell would there be 2 million more online subscribers?

pj

Reaction Score
"In 10 years the P5 will likely bargain collectively for a new TV deal. Sum greater than the parts thing."

Because the thing they want most in life is an antitrust suit.

Also, .45 flat fee for ACCN? That's it?

Plausible that that's the best they could get in-market -- even that is optimistic. Also they cover at most 20% of the country, so maybe 18 mn cable homes. At $0.45 that would be $97 mn annual revenue, split 50-50 with ESPN and divided 15 ways is $3.2 mn per school. Add out-of-market subscriptions at a much reduced rate, ad and streaming revenue on top, say $4 mn per school.

I wonder if ESPN wants the network so they can bargain down the next ACC contract. They can just say, "If you think your content is worth more than we're offering, move it to the ACCN, see how much you can make selling it." Even if the ACC doubled the revenue at the ACCN, they'd only be getting $8 mn per year. And ESPN would be getting an equal $8 mn per year per school in profit, which could be more than they make from ACC content now.

It would be ironic if that's how it plays out. It would explain why the ACCN discussions have been delayed so that network would be launched just before the next TV contract is getting negotiated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm out... I need a twitter vacation. My mind is blown by the strange journey of the last few weeks. A tale for another day...

@theDudeofWV Have fun. See if you can stay away all of next week during media days too.

@theDudeofWV Ha. No expansion for 7-10 years. Happy at 10 - no viable candidate that moves the money needle available. Heard it all before.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JoeMcMurphy Serious ? for you. Aren't you tired of the rumors that never pan out? At least 4 rounds of B12 exp rumors that never hit.

@JoeMcMurphy lots of mixed messages this week. Lots of back & forth. I was basically told to shut up.

@theDudeofWV @JoeMcMurphy The tweet of the day. Is this why you get Whiplash...and give us whiplash on your ever changing comments?

Christopher Lambert

@Dood---Have mercy on the sane--make it a permanent vacation

Reaction Score
R
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago

@flugempire acc and ESPN believes by year 5 it will generate 2 million online subs

@flugempire bundle at a very low rate for max early adoption

@flugempire banking on success of mlb and wwe network online subs

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I have been visiting the website off and on for about a year or two. Good discussions take place.

The reason I am stopping by this morning is to let you guys know that it would be 99.99% wise to not believe anything MHver3 said on Twitter last night. First off, he tweeted about high school games being played on a college conference network. The NCAA has already banned that.

Proof: http://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1602&context=sportslaw

Thus, no source at ESPN would be leaking information about something that the NCAA has already banned when ESPN already knows about the banning from their previous contract with the LHN.

That doesn't raise the red flag for you for anything he posts on Twitter, then there isn't anything that I can do to help you so you don't get false hope.

MHver3 was called out on Twitter in the past for being a fake wannabe West Virginia insider that is 35 years old and lives in a tiny town in West Virginia.

Just don't want you all to get false hopes since Fox owns part of the ACC Tier 3 rights and they sure are not going to sell it off to allow ESPN to build another network.

Reaction Score
When ever those a s sclowns MH3 or the Dude post on twitter the only thing it leads me to believe is that they are either:
A) Taste testing a batch of moonshine they just made
or
B) Smoking K2 again
R

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I have been visiting the website off and on for about a year or two. Good discussions take place.

The reason I am stopping by this morning is to let you guys know that it would be 99.99% wise to not believe anything said on Twitter last night. First off, he tweeted about high school games being played on a college conference network. The NCAA has already banned that.

Proof: http://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1602&context=sportslaw

Thus, no source at ESPN would be leaking information about something that the NCAA has already banned when ESPN already knows about the banning from their previous contract with the LHN.

That doesn't raise the red flag for you for anything he posts on Twitter, then there isn't anything that I can do to help you so you don't get false hope.

was called out on Twitter in the past for being a fake wannabe West Virginia insider that is 35 years old and lives in a tiny town in West Virginia.

Just don't want you all to get false hopes since Fox owns part of the ACC Tier 3 rights and they sure are not going to sell it off to allow ESPN to build another network.

Reaction Score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks. We will be sure not to get our hopes up.

Reaction Score
Plausible that that's the best they could get in-market -- even that is optimistic. Also they cover at most 20% of the country, so maybe 18 mn cable homes. At $0.45 that would be $97 mn annual revenue, split 50-50 with ESPN and divided 15 ways is $3.2 mn per school. Add out-of-market subscriptions at a much reduced rate, ad and streaming revenue on top, say $4 mn per school.

If .45 is the best they can do in ACC territory, then consider that the state of Connecticut could place the ACCN on basic cable and charge $1.35 to each subscriber. In other words, just multiply the 1.3m TV homes by 3 to get a sense of the impact of Connecticut, and for that matter, multiply the population of 3.6m by 3 too in order to compare purchasing power to ACC land.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom