Non-Key Tweets | Page 215 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From what I have been able to find, ffc is smaller, less then 400k households.

Fairfield County, Connecticut population
945,438 (2014)
Data from U.S. Census Bureau

It looks like the Hartford/New Haven DMA is about twice as big as I thought it was:

Hartford, CT / New Haven, CT
Demographics:
DMA Rank 30
Population 2+ 2,462,244
TV Households 999,990
Cable Penetration 80.4%
Data from New England 1 website

(Just checked your post and saw that you were talking about households. I was talking about population. I couldn't find households for FFC but your number may well be correct.)

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 58m 58 minutes ago
I’m not discussing UCONN & the B1G any longer. It’s a dead issue. If & when I hear anything I’ll pass it on…
Translation:
I am a petulant child and jealous that, for however long the Big XI stays at 10 teams, the program for which I have a rooting interest will have as good a shot at the CFP National Champion as UConn in the AAC. Must. Maintain. The. Schadenfreude.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the Dood is complaining about, WVU has won their division every year since moving to the Big XII.

Final Standings:

Big XII West
Baylor
TCU
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
Kansas
Iowa State

Big XII East
West Virginia

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 2h 2 hours ago
I have some moderately interesting expansion info. Still trying to figure out the best way to share it without sparking endless debate.

Dave Ruther ‏@daveruther · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV what you got for us? Please have it involve #GoBearcats

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@daveruther Looks like Fox will pay to force Big 12 expansion regardless of B1G raid on ACC. Good news for AAC schools.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@daveruther Still a few yeas away because of contract. But right now Fox has decided that (over)paying for Big 12 expansion is best.

@theDudeofWV so what changed?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@daveruther Fox wants expansion to add inventory to better compete with ESPN. Might see P12 & Big 12 exclusively on Fox by 2022.

@daveruther (not sure about the P12 part - just me guessing)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ...and if Big 12 is wise enough to agree...Big 12 better grab UCF-Orlando market. And BYU brand

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Hopfully for the sake of the great fan bases of the B12 the leadership will wake up and expand

@theDudeofWV Bowlsby has been pretty vocal about no expansion. He wouldn't do an about face this soon?

@daveruther Define soon... Money changes minds... I hear talks to start in late 2018 - between Fox and Big 12.

@daveruther So it's not close that's why it's only moderately interesting...

@daveruther Keep in mind the cheapest commodity in all of sports is talk.

@daveruther For the Big 12 the issue has always been money. If Fox pays 12 Big 12 schools $45 million each the Big 12 will expand toot sweet

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@daveruther And I'm hearing that $45M per school per year is the Big 12 minimum to expand - with anyone.

@daveruther (Secretly the Big 12 wants to expand but don't tell anyone I said that since it's off message).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Also hearing SEC would take FSU instead of letting then go to the Big 12 if the B1G raids ACC.

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan B1G not raiding ACC anytime soon. GOR is in place w or w/o ACCN. Will see what happens

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ...The raid on the ACC not happening for many years if at all..but I will let you all be.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan I don't think it happens at all really. None of the criteria necessary are present.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan You know what I think... ACCN === GoR. No ACCN = no GoR.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan I'm almost certain FSU has spoken with other conferences as recently as last season.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan The big question is how long will ESPN drag their feet on the ACCN? They could end it all.

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ESPN is not dragging their feet...they don't want to negotiate in public with Raycom and...

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ...others in who they are trying to buy back or partner with to gain inventory for ACCN.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ESPN owns a majority of the rights. Buyback isn't a problem.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan It's more than Raycomm. I'm told it has to do with many factors.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ACCN is complicated for ESPN. Competes with SECN. Greater risk due to viewing patterns.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Models show ACCN profitability is questionable - or so I'm told.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Dig into the demographics and you see that ACC football isn't that popular in its own footprint.

@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Aside from FSU & NCST and maybe UVA. And Clemson..... and UL... but 5 do not a network make.

@mkw_14 @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 And that ESPN would have to pay twice for stuff they mostly already have...

@mkw_14 @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 I'll get some specifics on Raycomm from my friends at VT & Clemson.

Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan And I don't think B12 expands to 12 even if FOX wants more inventory. B12should...but wont

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Too many different interests pulling in too many different directions. Texas & OU will veto

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan I disagree....

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Texas has become a Disney product. They don't give a lick if FOX wants more inventory

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Oliver Luck wanted Expansion in the East to make WVU more valuable..make B12 more stable....

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Texas is not interested in expansion to the East. ESPN does not want B12 expansion to the East.

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan B12 should expand if all parties were on board in keeping conference healthy..but they are not

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ESPN won't give B12 a dime more..B12 should expand with current resources but won't.

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan Because of ESPN not giving a dime more...because of LHN grip on TEXAS..B12 is long death spiral

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan B12 won't die..but it won't grow. And that is a shame. Great fan bases..all of them.

@theDudeofWV @OmegaSupreme914 @MaynardMtnMan ..and this is why in 7-8 years B12 will be more vulnerable than ACC. History repeats itself.

Reaction Score
I am even having a hard time understanding how UVA and UNC would choose the B1G over the SEC. Their old money doesn't fit with the money up north. UVA and UNC have a history with the SEC. Virginia Tech, on the other hand, also has a history with the SEC but was made to ride out a similar route to ours but much more painful after everyone who mattered left the Southern Conference. I can see VTech going to the B1G. That's it. Virginia's old money (UVA)...they cling to their ancient history very tightly.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I am even having a hard time understanding how UVA and UNC would choose the B1G over the SEC. Their old money doesn't fit with the money up north. UVA and UNC have a history with the SEC. Virginia Tech, on the other hand, also has a history with the SEC but was made to ride out a similar route to ours but much more painful after everyone who mattered left the Southern Conference. I can see VTech going to the B1G. That's it. Virginia's old money (UVA)...they cling to their ancient history very tightly.

The issue is that I don't see the academics allowing UVA to go to the SEC. Too much academic snobbery to push for the SEC. If the ACC would ever fall apart, I believe that they would push for Big10 over the SEC. UVA seems to be cut from a different cloth than the deep southern ACC teams. UNC? Way different story.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
So a day or two after declaring he doesn't want to talk UConn to the B1G he cranks up this new set of rumors?

Made up BS.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So a day or two after declaring he doesn't want to talk UConn to the B1G he cranks up this new set of rumors?

Made up BS.

He realized that if he doesn't talk UCONN/Big Ten, he doesn't talk and is not in the conversation. Attention whoars NEED attention.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10h10 hours ago
@pfh1964 ...speaking of...when are you guys going to make a decision on your Conference in HCKY? Let's cross pollinate the PACN/BTN-Let's go

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 · 10h10 hours ago
@flugempire I also think they are probably trying to get 8th team. Think B10 would help ASU get building faster.

@pfh1964 ...also need to find another team..maybe Notre Dame? If ND goes to NCHC then HE will have to back fill

@flugempire And your UCONN points are excellent.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@pfh1964 Yeah, UCONN has to be on the radar for 8th team if ASU comes aboard. Maybe Airforce HCKY is on the radar? But UCONN is good fit

@flugempire UCONN if they join full, otherwise I can't see them leaving HE, unlike ND.

@pfh1964 I would not blame UCONN for one second if they tell Delany to pound sand if only offered HCKY membership...but wouldn't blame...

@pfh1964 ...them either if they said yes. But someone has to be #8 if ASU is #7. And no B1G full time member is anywhere close to going D1

@flugempire They could always start with hockey, and say rest will join in two or three years.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h 5 hours ago
I've been asked. No, I don't know anything about UCONN signing an NDA with the Big Ten. But I was told UMD NDA last 34 days..I believe.

Now of course the chances of me hearing anything on a NDA is 0%. But any steam I will post. Herbst trying to move UCONN into sweet spot.

I do think ASU decision on HKY league will have a butterfly effect on a few HCKY programs in the nation...it may effect ND..UCONN HCKY

If we want to get conspiracy minded...maybe a rumored UCONN NDA being told to me by DM has to do with a wait/see on HCKY dominoes.

Maybe if things break correctly...if ASU decides to join the Big Ten then UCONN gets a B1G HCKY invite...maybe. Will see..soon enough.

A whole lot of people in the Collegiate HCKY world are waiting anxiously for ASU HCKY conference announcment.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
Maybe if things break correctly...if ASU decides to join the Big Ten then UCONN gets a B1G HCKY invite...maybe.
Will see..soon enough.

Spencer Leone ‏@SpencerLeone · 50m50 minutes ago
@flugempire So yr thinking a UConn hockey B1G affiliate invite might be an opportunity for B1G test the water with UConn?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@SpencerLeone I don't know. What we do know is Jennifer Keppel (Associate B1G Commish) is making all out effort to get ASU HCKY into B1GHCJY

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@SpencerLeone What if ASU decides to enter B1G HKY? The 8th team has to be put on hold right now correct? Must be a plan in place..correct

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
@SpencerLeone I don't believe a B1G team is ready willing to move to D1 HCKY. UCONN has to be 1 of the candidates...

Reaction Score
Any catch that UConn has agreed to a hockey game on November 1st at Barclay's in New York against ND with an earlier game between Army and Bentley. Barclay's is making a big hockey push with the Islands moving there for the 2015/16 season. The clearly want to attract some big names and want to draw crowds. To draw a crowd in New York, did they invite a traditional hockey power from HE in BC? No, because while BC Hockey has a good following, it does not extend past I-495 in Massachusetts. Instead, they invited a 'new' D1 program with a history of drawing crowds in New York City - UConn, plus ND, which also has a strong following in NYC.

Reaction Score
Any catch that UConn has agreed to a hockey game on November 1st at Barclay's in New York against ND with an earlier game between Army and Bentley. Barclay's is making a big hockey push with the Islands moving there for the 2015/16 season. The clearly want to attract some big names and want to draw crowds. To draw a crowd in New York, did they invite a traditional hockey power from HE in BC? No, because while BC Hockey has a good following, it does not extend past I-495 in Massachusetts. Instead, they invited a 'new' D1 program with a history of drawing crowds in New York City - UConn, plus ND, which also has a strong following in NYC.
Barclays stealing the golden goose from MSG?! I think that is a major score for UCONN.

Reaction Score

Will this count as a HE game or independent?

Reaction Score
It obviously doesn't make sense for us to leave HE for the B1G from a hockey standpoint. HE is a better league with less travel for us. There's absolutely no upside to the B1G for UConn hockey.

That being said, if the B1G wanted our hockey enough to come up with some sort of arrangement for all sports, even if it wasn't full membership in football, but rather just a deal where we'd get 4-5 B1G games a year as an independent, I'd take that. It's not ideal, but it's better than letting our athletics wither and die in the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom