Non-Key Tweets | Page 214 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, I think Flugs pretty much nailed that and explained very well why the Dood is a dud. There are more ways to create value than just football, and the Dood doesn't want to hear it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
#teir3

Something about Floog's typos make me chuckle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Floog says Big Ten. The Dood says ACC.

TheFishofWV says, "BIDDING WAR!!"

Sealed bids are due by noon Friday.
Really, you have to figure the bogus email address for that account or just start a new one.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Really, you have to figure the bogus email address for that account or just start a new one.

Start a new one?

I spent like $19 to buy the pictures for this stupid account.

I'm invested.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here you go:
c44e86f5bafce613ce1eae69085b2b1a_400x400.jpeg

Overfishing-1600x1200px.jpg

Now get out there and start Tweeting.

(The thoughtful miner may be the best avatar of all time - BTW.)

Reaction Score
Theorizing: Someone posted in the Spring game thread about hearing UConn through the Wisconsin grapevine. I know it's been circulated through Minnesota. Maybe there's just naturally going to be more enthusiasm for UConn with the B1G hockey schools?

Reaction Score
Its amazing how we love someone when they link the Big10 and UConn, and how we absolutely despise someone who says UConn isn't Big10 caliber.
It happens with everything around here!
A recruiting site says we're favored by a hoops recruit and it's a lock he's coming here but if it's some other school then the sites are useless.

pj

Reaction Score
Theorizing: Someone posted in the Spring game thread about hearing UConn through the Wisconsin grapevine. I know it's been circulated through Minnesota. Maybe there's just naturally going to be more enthusiasm for UConn with the B1G hockey schools?

I thought someone said UConn hockey would be a negative for Minnesota and Wisconsin because they wouldn't want to travel so far ... but they would take one for the conference? ... More likely the conference is leaking a little to try to prepare fans for the news, or to gauge fan reaction.

Reaction Score
It happens with everything around here!
A recruiting site says we're favored by a hoops recruit and it's a lock he's coming here but if it's some other school then the sites are useless.

Hey what's wrong with you? Don't post basketball here, football drives the bus. Hoops is worthless. Go back and re-read the dood.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Floog says Big Ten. The Dood says ACC.

TheFishofWV says, "BIDDING WAR!!"

Sealed bids are due by noon Friday.
I thought the Fish of WV retired.

Reaction Score
Despite what the Idiot of WV says, there is no DMA redundancy. Adding Fairfield county to the Hartford-New Haven is approximately 1.375M households. If the carriage fees are consistent with New Jersey that's 1 used per month per household, if BTN moves to basic tier. That's 16.5m a year in addition the value of UConn today.

Considering that basketball, lacrosse, hockey plus other live content moves to BTN is there anyone here that could estimate the potential ad revenue this live content would bring in? I understand this may be a bit complicated, so an answer by rod is acceptable.

Reaction Score
We all need to re-evaluate our cause. If we are given to listening to anybody from West Virginia, I am not sure it is worth it.

Reaction Score
That could be, but there is a clear difference between a GoR and an exit fee. One is you have to pay to leave. The other is the conference holds your media rights. Big difference. The reason The Big12 got such crazy numbers, in my opinion, was two fold. ESPN wanted to keep Texas in their inventory and Fox needed inventory. ESPN already has Texas and no one outside the region seems to care about any other Big12 football school sans Oklahoma.

Would Kansas and Oklahoma want to leave the Big12? Couldn't tell you. I think that there would be a couple of reasons for OU and KU to stay: tradition and, for OU, Texas recruiting. The issue with the tradition is that if The Big10 had Mizzou to go along with Nebraska, they would have more of their traditional rivals than the Big12 would. Half of the old Big8 would be in the Big1o. The exposure that would come with the Big10 would be great. Oklahoma games played on The BTN shown in NYC, Chicago, DC, and other densely populated places. The money would be outrageous.

Again, I think it's all moot anyway. Mizzou will stay in the SEC leaving this scenario out in Crazytown.

I'm not an attorney; and I suspect many opinions on the GOR are also from non-attorneys.

When the differential is $50m per annum perUniversity to $20m, the enticement to break & litigate is huge. As we saw with Maryland, that's just an exercise in face saving.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm not an attorney either. But I do believe GoRs can be broken (i.e. - negotiated out of) because of one very simple fact: in all of this craziness of CR with schools coming and going, not once did an existing TV deal get negotiated down after a school left a conference. All of the following schools have left a conference without the departed conference losing one cent of revenue from its existing TV deal: Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, Maryland, Rutgers, TCU and Utah. I'm also not a TV Executive, but if the thought of a school leaving (and taking their content with them) is so damaging to the departed conference's value of content, why haven't any existing contracts been re-opened to reflect that? Granted, some of the migrated schools (like Pitt), don't drive any ratings or have a large following whatsoever. But I find it surprising that a school like Nebraska, with their huge following, can leave a conference without lowering the B12's deal. In fact, the B12 replaced 4 schools (Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M) with 2 (WVU and TCU) and still didn't lose one cent from their existing deal. That's partly the reason why they are so reluctant to add more schools to play a Championship Game. If these rights were so valuable, how come this hasn't been reflected at all in any of the CR moves to date?

Yes, one could argue that it's not in the existing deal but in future deals that the departed conferences will lose value. But I say poppycock to that. I don't see any money being taken off the table within the Power conferences, which is what we are all debating anyway. The more successful conferences are launching their own networks with year-round content. The less successful conferences are either looking into launching their own network or debating adding a Championship Game and bidding the rights to air that out.

I see the GoR as an added clause that can be negotiated. The issue has always been that it's nearly impossible to come up with a dollar figure as to what each school's rights are valued. Enter mediation. The conference will no doubt submit an astronomical figure and the school will submit a dollar menu figure and both will put it into the hands of a third party. Given that no existing deals have been negotiated down when a school has left a conference, I see this as something tangible to point towards to keep the GoR values on the lower side. The sticking point is that whatever the value/fee that the third party will come up with, it will likely add more dollars to an already large exit fee. For an ACC school to leave, you're looking at the $51M + GoR fee (ex - an additional $30M) for a total that is now approaching $100M. That's a lot of scratch. It's not as high for B12 schools to leave which is why I think we're more likely to see schools like Kansas, Oklahoma, and then ultimately, Texas, challenge their conference's GoR before we see an ACC school challenge its GoR. If a B12 school can negotiate an all-in exit fee between $20-$50M, they'll likely make that back very quickly if they were to leave for a power Power conference, such as the B1G.

Reaction Score
We all need to re-evaluate our cause. If we are given to listening to anybody from West Virginia, I am not sure it is worth it.

Yeah but this is a thread for Non-Key tweets. This is where we stuff the garbage.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1h 1 hour ago
"@Jake_Trotter: Mike Gundy on the playoff: "Personal opinion is we’re going to go to eight before we know it." Whistling past the graveyard

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter · 1h1 hour ago
Gundy indicated he’s for status quo re: title game. Added if league had labeled “one team as Big 12 champ” Big 12 would've had playoff team

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@Jake_Trotter Nope

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 1h 1 hour ago
Note to Mike Gundy:
You still uncertain about title game?
12-1 >> 11-1
13-0 >> 12-0
Hint: To better control your own destiny add CCG

I love B12 Football. I love it's fan bases. Sensational. Leadership of B12? Couldn't be worse. What is in the water down there? #wakeupnow

"@Jake_Trotter: Bill Snyder: "Always favored the conference championship game and I still do"" Bill Snyders nails it!!!

Note to Bill Synder: You should be running the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 57m 57 minutes ago
Every coach in B12 so far has had a different answer when it comes to wanting/importance/viability of CCG. What a mess.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 55m 55 minutes ago
Dana Holgorsen- Big 12 title game: “Yeah, I think it would be great.” Said not having one hurt the Big 12 last season" Zero unity in B12

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 51m 51 minutes ago
Note to Dana Holgorsen: Thanks for not being afraid of competition.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 44m 44 minutes ago
"@Jake_Trotter: Kliff Kingsbury said a Big 12 title game is going to be a “necessity for our league” given what transpired last year." Yep

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 43m 43 minutes ago
Kliff Kingsbury has got it right. These B12 coaches are finally seeing the light. CCG are not going away. B12 will get one

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 42m 42 minutes ago
Note to @theDudeofWV: Are you listening to your Big 12 Coaches this morning? CCG needed in Big 12.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 40m 40 minutes ago
Big 12 has 2 options 1) Get Reform pass on attaining a CCG with 10 schools..or.. 2) Expand to 12. There is no 3rd option

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 36m 36 minutes ago
Art Briles asked about his non-conf. scheduling philosophy. had “zero effect” on Baylor getting left out last season DELUSIONAL

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 35m 35 minutes ago
The mask has been ripped off the B12 this morning. Complete and total disunity in the Conference in regards to new world of College Football

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 34m 34 minutes ago
Of course there is going to be some level of disagreement. But this is a clown show. Can you imagine their talks on expansion?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 30m 30 minutes ago
"@BlatantHomerism: at some point, bowlsby is going to have to intervene if briles keeps this crap up." 100% agree

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
Paul Rhoads “It’s tough enough to beat a team once, and already play everyone once." Coach Rhoads don't want the B12 CCG. B12 is paralyzed

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 17m 17 minutes ago
"@Jake_Trotter: Gary Patterson on bringing back the Big 12 title game: “If it made a difference with us getting into (playoff), yes. Circus

Reaction Score
I thought someone said UConn hockey would be a negative for Minnesota and Wisconsin because they wouldn't want to travel so far ... but they would take one for the conference? ... More likely the conference is leaking a little to try to prepare fans for the news, or to gauge fan reaction.

What are the options? Arizona?

CL82

Reaction Score
Despite what the Idiot of WV says, there is no DMA redundancy. Adding Fairfield county to the Hartford-New Haven is approximately 1.375M households. If the carriage fees are consistent with New Jersey that's 1 used per month per household, if BTN moves to basic tier. That's 16.5m a year in addition the value of UConn today.

Considering that basketball, lacrosse, hockey plus other live content moves to BTN is there anyone here that could estimate the potential ad revenue this live content would bring in? I understand this may be a bit complicated, so an answer by rod is acceptable.
I believe the NHH DMA is just under 1 M as is FFC, so I think the number is more like 1.8 to 2M

Reaction Score
The Dude with a Melville reference,
What are the options? Arizona?
Minneapolis to Hartford is 3 hour or less

They could schedule BU,BC,or PC or even Yale on the same trip,
without even changing hotels.
That could only help recruiting.
Therefore I don't see travel as a huge issue.
The compactness of New England is a huge plus

Reaction Score
I believe the NHH DMA is just under 1 M as is FFC, so I think the number is more like 1.8 to 2M

From what I have been able to find, ffc is smaller, less then 400k households.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom