Non-Key Tweets | Page 213 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

pj

Reaction Score
Flug is reasonably intelligent. He doesn't shout stupid things at high volume like the Dude.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Dood's agenda is simple. His feelings are hurt because the ACC rejected WVU. It's an insane attempt to damage the ACC through crazytalk.

Flugar I'd be shocked if he wasn't a Minnesota fan. His motivation beyond attention is a mystery.

Reaction Score
You don't have to follow him on Twitter, when the things related to UConn are posted here almost immediately.
That's simple. Don't check the non key tweets thread. It's the same two dudes getting regurgitated over and over.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush I spoke to my B1G contact last week. He was the one who said UCONN wasn't on the radar for various reasons.

@Expansion_Crush More than just lack of AAU status... capacity, football, the recent APR ban, DMA redundancy.

Conference realignment prognostication 101: Need a guaranteed winner? Bet the house that UConn's F*c*ed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Its amazing how we love someone when they link the Big10 and UConn, and how we absolutely despise someone who says UConn isn't Big10 caliber.
I don't know if it will ever happen, but I can tolerate the guy that can see ways it's possible, versus the closed-minded dope who doesn't want to see anything except his own confirmation bias.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
DMA redundancy? Wtf is he thinking? We are a top 30 DMA on our own and Btn is not on basic in Fairfield county. Then what will we do post Calhoun? We won a feckin national title. The dood and his source are morons.
Keep in mind that that top 30 market does not include another million in FFC. I think the Doody and the Flug have discovered the non-key tweet threat and are specifically trolling this board. Some of the other persona's seem a little to convenient. I think that they are creations of these attention seeking whores.

Flug doesn't even have 300 followers. Why does his stuff keep getting reposted here? Maybe he is one of you guys and you're pulling off a perfectly executed troll. If so, well done.
I still say he's HFD.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's simple. Don't check the non key tweets thread. It's the same two dudes getting regurgitated over and over.
Exactly why I don't have to follow him on Twitter.

Reaction Score
The Dood's agenda is simple. His feelings are hurt because the ACC rejected WVU. It's an insane attempt to damage the ACC through crazytalk.

Flugar I'd be shocked if he wasn't a Minnesota fan. His motivation beyond attention is a mystery.

You nailed it on the dood. He is an open book.

His tweets recently about unc being devalued in delaney's eyes, thanks to their academic issues, is a laughable attempt to exact some emotional revenge, given that UNC was supposedly a vocal oppomemt of a WVU in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that that top 30 market does not include another million in FFC. I think the Doody and the Flug have discovered the non-key tweet threat and are specifically trolling this board. Some of the other persona's seem a little to convenient. I think that they are creations of these attention seeking whores.

I still say he's HFD.

Fairfield County is about 350-375 homes iirc.

Reaction Score
I owe @flugempire an apology. He’s a good friend with solid info. It’s just that all my sources say UCONN isn’t in play for the B1G.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV You do not owe me an apology. We just disagree...and I don't recognize "case closed" rhetoric. UCONN is a candidate..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 26m 26 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ....and they need things to break correctly for them. Just like Rutgers did..and Lousville going to ACC.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 25m 25 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Non-rev sports are vital to conference networks ability to bring in AD buy money all year round. There are reasons LHN is..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ..LHN is not a money maker for Disney. It's a barren desert. You think these "fillers"are not important..then you are not..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ...learning what is working and what is not working for these networks. It's too bad WVU don't have a Conf network..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 22m 22 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ..because if WVU was part of a Conf net you would see it in a whole different light.

Reaction Score
Its amazing how we love someone when they link the Big10 and UConn, and how we absolutely despise someone who says UConn isn't Big10 caliber.
Um, we're uconn fans. How is that exactly amazing.?

Reaction Score
Observations:

First, the Dude. If someone knows Jack , introduce him to the Dude 'cause the Dude don't know him. On the other hand, if Dude says UConn is out, that's a good sign--he's been wrong on everything.

Flug. Some of the stuff that Flug has said is close enough to some of the stuff I've posted that some people think I am Flug. (I'm still not.) I've come to the conclusion he probably does have some contact with MN AD and is fed stuff--including stuff that should be obvious disinformation. But, even though it makes sense we might be picking up some of the same chatter, some things don't make sense to me. One is that I've picked up basically the same info on UConn Flug did, but FranktheTank says UConn is a pass. I would think he has chatter sources, too, and his info is different.

But...back a way in this thread, I said Fox wanted UConn in play. That didn't come from my usual B1G yackers--it came to me out of 'left field' so to speak in this manner: When I lived in LA, I dated a TV producer that I was introduced to by another friend. That friend died, and even though I hadn't talked to her in years, I just needed to talk to her. In the conversation, I asked about a broadcaster we knew from the station she worked at, and she said the last she heard, he was in Connecticut. Oh, yeah, I might be interested that she heard Fox wanted to get UConn in the Big Ten or was it the Big East? Whatever--a rumor I filed away but from a non-sports, non-realignment person so I actually gave it a little more weight.

Later, Flug starts posting all this Fox/UConn stuff with markets, numbers, etc. so I can only conclude: He has information fed to him or he is a very patient and persistent person willing to put in way too much work to sound legit to realignment junkies. The stuff he posted regarding Fox/UConn sounds legit to me because I had it "verified" (and I use that word loosely) from a completely coincidental and unexpected direction.

FWIW.

Reaction Score
Observations:

First, the Dude. If someone knows Jack , introduce him to the Dude 'cause the Dude don't know him. On the other hand, if Dude says UConn is out, that's a good sign--he's been wrong on everything.

Flug. Some of the stuff that Flug has said is close enough to some of the stuff I've posted that some people think I am Flug. (I'm still not.) I've come to the conclusion he probably does have some contact with MN AD and is fed stuff--including stuff that should be obvious disinformation. But, even though it makes sense we might be picking up some of the same chatter, some things don't make sense to me. One is that I've picked up basically the same info on UConn Flug did, but FranktheTank says UConn is a pass. I would think he has chatter sources, too, and his info is different.

But...back a way in this thread, I said Fox wanted UConn in play. That didn't come from my usual B1G yackers--it came to me out of 'left field' so to speak in this manner: When I lived in LA, I dated a TV producer that I was introduced to by another friend. That friend died, and even though I hadn't talked to her in years, I just needed to talk to her. In the conversation, I asked about a broadcaster we knew from the station she worked at, and she said the last she heard, he was in Connecticut. Oh, yeah, I might be interested that she heard Fox wanted to get UConn in the Big Ten or was it the Big East? Whatever--a rumor I filed away but from a non-sports, non-realignment person so I actually gave it a little more weight.

Later, Flug starts posting all this Fox/UConn stuff with markets, numbers, etc. so I can only conclude: He has information fed to him or he is a very patient and persistent person willing to put in way too much work to sound legit to realignment junkies. The stuff he posted regarding Fox/UConn sounds legit to me because I had it "verified" (and I use that word loosely) from a completely coincidental and unexpected direction.

FWIW.
The Fox UConn connection is very interesting.
Fox has a pretty substantial interest in the NBE ,which as yet hasn't captured the audience they where hoping for. They have even brokered a challenge with the B1G in an effort to kick start that league.
Putting UConn in that equation against a series of their former mates either within that context or a scheduling deal is a sure winner.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 30m 30 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush If UVA/GT and a few others had interest or the ability to enter B1G then we are having a different conversation.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 22m 22 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush But if UVA/GT had interest in 2012 we wouldn't be talking about RU in B1G either. BTN/FOX want more content...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Hoops doesn’t drive the bus. It doesn’t buy the bread or pay the bills.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub What??!!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub Kansas hoops don't pay the bills? Hey Chris, there is more to an athletic budget then just FB

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@flugempire @NebGradDubDub Because hoops TV $ is bundled in with football rights & the NCAA controls the serious hoops $ via tourney.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire @NebGradDubDub Because $7-$8 of every $10 in TV $ comes from football.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16m16 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub If you want to stay at 18 sports and only be consumed by Football..go ahead. But others do not want to leave$..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 14m14 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub ...on the table. Your view is incredibly narrow. FB is most important...but BB in Kansas is a gold mine.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub You should be quite thankful you have Kansas...the value they bring in BB for B12 is huge! Watch B12 Tourny-KC

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 9m9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub I got to tell you Chris, your complete dismissal of other sports other than FB does not fly in B1G Country

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 12m 12 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub If you like your 10 team Conf with your individual teir 3 contracts and your pint size footprint..then enjoy

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub ...but there would be riots in the Big Ten offices if we went back to those horse n buggy days. I think I need..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub ...to be blunt because you need to hear it from someone. AD offices feel pressure to supply more options/sports

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9m 9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub ...FB is most important..but it's not everything. FB is King..but it's not everything. KU BB is gold mine

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Yep. Chris, do you ever watch BTN? I'm guessing you don't. BTN has another 7 months other than FB

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7m 7 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV BTN is kicking ass in their Lacrosse coverage..go to any Lacrosse site. BTN is gaining in value b/c of other..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV ..live events. Go watch some BTN at a bar...see its production value. See how it markets it's schools and conf

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Chris, you are arguing for an old model..so your arguments rest solely on old metrics.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4m 4 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV Check out the Athletic budgets of Big Ten schools vs Big 12 schools. B1G are much more diversed...much more...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3m 3 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV ...and that diversity of REV is a sign of strength...not weakness.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Hoops doesn’t drive the bus. It doesn’t buy the bread or pay the bills.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub You should check out the 15,000 fans that go to NEB BB games Chris. BB pays bills in B1G.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom