Non-Key Tweets | Page 160 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Andrea Adelson ‏@aadelsonESPN 9h9 hours ago
No surprise Wake/UNC scheduled nonconference series against one another. ACC ADs told me last yr this was a serious consideration.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 9h9 hours ago
Byproduct of conference realignment. B1G teams have considered it, too RT @aadelsonESPN No surprise Wake/UNC scheduled nonconference series

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 9h9 hours ago
@frankthetank111 @aadelsonESPN But the Big 10 is not scheduling nonconference games between members in lieu of a 9th CG game..ACC is at 8CG

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9h 9 hours ago
Wake Forest and UNC scheduling a home n home football non conference games for 2019/2021 is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.....

ACC teams are going to schedule non-conference games with an 8 games conf schedule (not 9!!) because they want to assure a 7th home game.

Big 10 has been talking about playing non conf games between members (and will do so in future) but no in replacement of 9 th conf game...

...not in replacement of viable content for the BTN. I'm not sure I'm doing a good job of explaining this...but some ACC schools....

...are all-in on creating a Cong network (ACCN with Disney) to make it as valuable as possible. While some schools just are going with it..

....but not totally buying into the concept. UVA wants 9 game schdules....same reason Big 10 is going to 9 games. Want to increase TV value

...want to increase TV value of those 9 games...making ACC more valuable. Having a non-conf game between members while you remain at 8 CG...

...does not have the ACCN best interest at heart. The ACCN is happening.....but its being sabotage at the outset among some ACC schools

I know I'm going to get more heat this morning from ACC followers because of these comments. But there is a big split among ACC schools...

...in how best to utilize the new ACCN. Some want to GO BIG OR GO HOME (UVA). Some schools want it just for ittle more Branding and REV Str

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 9h9 hours ago
@frankthetank111 @aadelsonESPN ever consider that wake may leave the ACC due to stipend rules?

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 9h9 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @aadelsonESPN No one is ever voluntarily leaving a power conference to drop down. All of the power teams will pay the stipend

@frankthetank111 @NebGradDubDub @aadelsonESPN UVA is pushing again for a 9th CG....to increase value of ACCN. This puts a knife to a 9th CG

@frankthetank111 is correct. Wake F is not dropping out of the ACC. But UNC and WF is doing is assuring themselves a 7th home game-2019-21

UVA and others want a 9th CG in the ACC....but others want an assurance of a 7th home game every year. ACCN would benefit with 9CG......

The movement of WF & UNC scheduling home/home 2019/21 non conf games in the future has put a knife into the UVA initiative of a 9th CCG.

For those who DM me yesterday.. to tell me there is no split between UVA & NC (to the totality of the ACCN)...this news troday is Exhibit A

:0 ‏@Kizzlethadon 9h9 hours ago
@flugempire does this help uconn

@Kizzlethadon I have no idea. But there is an initial split among the ACC schools in how best to utilize the ACCN. Not sure where this goes

Reaction Score
There are ACC programs with a set annual rivalry with an OOC school...and their needs are different from A Virginia with no such OOC rivalry.

The SEC and ACC are locked into some annual rivalry games.

FSU-Florida, Louisville-Kentucky, GT-Georgia, Clemson-South Carolina...add Notre Dame about every three years and there is less scheduling room if you have a 9 game schedule.

Other teams do not have a guaranteed OOC opponent every year and need more games.

Reaction Score
Heck...BC could have an annual rivalry game with UConn like FSU does with Florida.

Cuse with Rutgers...

Pitt with WVU..

Rivalry games are good for football IMHO

pj

Reaction Score
Rivalry games are good for football, but BC doesn't want one. Nor Cuse. I'm surprised that the Pitt-WVU rivalry has fallen by the wayside too.

Reaction Score
billybud said:
Heck...BC could have an annual rivalry game with UConn like FSU does with Florida.

Cuse with Rutgers...

Pitt with WVU..

Tell that to Pitt Syracuse wvu RU and last but not least bcu

Reaction Score
Rivalry games are good for football, but BC doesn't want one. Nor Cuse. I'm surprised that the Pitt-WVU rivalry has fallen by the wayside too.

Yeah...the Backyard Brawl should continue...although the VT-WVU game brought as much rivalry heat.

Re Boston College...I dunno..other than their Home and Home with Ohio State and their Notre Dame games...they do seem to be going G5. Home and home with Northern Illinois (actually a two game away @ Northern Illinois with a one game return...odd), two home games against Holy Cross, and two against UMass...and a game with Buffalo (site TBA).

pj

Reaction Score
Re Boston College...I dunno..other than their Home and Home with Ohio State and their Notre Dame games...they do seem to be going G5. Home and home with Northern Illinois (actually a two game away @ Northern Illinois with a one game return...odd), two home games against Holy Cross, and two against UMass...and a game with Buffalo (site TBA).

Look for them to try to keep an 8 game ACC schedule so they can be bowl eligible going 2-6 or 3-5 in conference.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Cuse with Rutgers...

Pitt with WVU..

Our BC friends like to pretend that there is no rivalry or reason to schedule UCONN. They like to say pompous things like "UCONN is no different than UMASS or Rhode Island". UCONN football is struggling right now, we all know that. But it won't struggle forever. This thing WILL turn around. By the time a game is scheduled, we will be competitive again. There is no question about that. As a reference point, look at hockey. UCONN was an unanimous preseason pick to finish dead last in Hockey East. Our BC friends pouted like little babies about UCONN's inclusion in the prestigious HE conference and even said that it was time for them to leave HE now that UCONN is in it. Yet, this past Saturday, "little ol' UCONN" brought a great lively atmosphere to Conte Forum...one of the better atmospheres for a BC home hockey game on the year (right behind BU, of course). There's no reason to also bring up the UCONN fans that filled Conte Forum for basketball games in the 90s but I'll do it anyway. And we are led to believe that the atmosphere for a football game would be any different??? That's all classic poppycock talk from the BC wing who will do/say anything to protect what they (falsely) believe is "their turf".

There is no question that an annual UCONN/BC football game would be good for northeast football and both schools' fanbases. Now if only we could get that through the thick, stubborn skulls of Chestnut Hill.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm going to disagree, Dooley. There is no rivalry, just mutual dislike, because we don't play each other. Now if we did end up in the ACC, no doubt over BCU's objection, that dislike would fuel an terrific rivalry, until, as BCU administrators no doubt foresee, UConn's annual beat down of them rendered the games irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Our BC friends like to pretend that there is no rivalry or reason to schedule UCONN. They like to say pompous things like "UCONN is no different than UMASS or Rhode Island". UCONN football is struggling right now, we all know that. But it won't struggle forever. This thing WILL turn around. By the time a game is scheduled, we will be competitive again. There is no question about that. As a reference point, look at hockey. UCONN was an unanimous preseason pick to finish dead last in Hockey East. Our BC friends pouted like little babies about UCONN's inclusion in the prestigious HE conference and even said that it was time for them to leave HE now that UCONN is in it. Yet, this past Saturday, "little ol' UCONN" brought a great lively atmosphere to Conte Forum...one of the better atmospheres for a BC home hockey game on the year (right behind BU, of course). There's no reason to also bring up the UCONN fans that filled Conte Forum for basketball games in the 90s but I'll do it anyway. And we are led to believe that the atmosphere for a football game would be any different??? That's all classic poppycock talk from the BC wing who will do/say anything to protect what they (falsely) believe is "their turf".

There is no question that an annual UCONN/BC football game would be good for northeast football and both schools' fanbases. Now if only we could get that through the thick, stubborn skulls of Chestnut Hill.
It was a lot fun up in Chestnut Hill on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of UConn fans who made it up despite the weather. I don't wanna put a number on it because that's when the BCU trolls roll out from under their rocks. Even BCI.com acknowledged that UConn was bringing a lot of fans or was drumming up interest in BC fans as ticket sales were in a stratosphere usually only seen by BU and ND. For the basketball game at RU last year their site was claiming their only sell out of the year was RU fueled because UConn returned tickets. UCONN FANS NEVER BUY THROUGH THE SCHOOL. The only bad thing in Conte was there was not a real designated UConn section so noise and cheers were tough.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jan 24
@Mike_ohio26 @GatorBuc2 No I’m not. Not saying that at all. If Miizzou had stayed WVU was headed to SEC.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · Jan 24
@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 Thats not true

@Mike_ohio26 @GatorBuc2 Oh yes it is. It was either Mizzou or WVU.

@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 WV was turned down by the SEC guess you forgot about all those stories back then

@Mike_ohio26 @GatorBuc2 WV was not turned down. Again you have no clue. You should know better.

@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 so your calling Brett McMurphy a lair? http://athlonsports.com/news/sec-and-acc-says-no-west-virginia

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jan 25
@Mike_ohio26 No. @McMurphyESPN knows that WVU would have received SEC invite if Mizzou said no.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · Jan 25
@theDudeofWV @McMurphyESPN you said WV was never turned down at all. Now your back peddling...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jan 25
@Mike_ohio26 No. WVU wasn’t turned down. They had a conditional offer. That’s not a no.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · Jan 25
@theDudeofWV once again read the story I posted the link to McMurphy reported that WV was turned down by both the SEC and ACC

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jan 26
@Mike_ohio26 Once again that story is inaccurate.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · Jan 26
@theDudeofWV so again Im asking are your saying Brett McMurphy was wrong?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24h24 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 Inaccurate. That report is wrong. Ask him.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 23h23 hours ago
@theDudeofWV So your saying he lied about an official with WV telling him that WV had been turned down by the SEC and the ACC?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19h19 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 Stop being simplistic. WVU had a conditional offer from the SEC. Very few knew about it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19h19 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 So unless you make the effort to ask McMurphy, Bogaczyk, Finebaum, Luck or Whit Babcock you’re just wasting my time.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 19h19 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN you once reported that WV was turned down by the SEC and the ACC, @theDudeofWV says that report is inaccurate Who is accurate

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 18h18 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 I stand by what I reported

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@McMurphyESPN @Mike_ohio26 WVU was the choice had Mizzou said no. WVU had a conditional offer. That's the truth.

Reaction Score
Chris Lambert, as the Dude, saying.."that's the truth".....

Wolf! Wolf!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was great. Some world class back tracking and hedging.

Reaction Score
IMG_3223.JPG

It's NAIA All-America Moonshine making season again! The Dude is 1st team YET AGAIN!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
WVU is/was as close to getting into the SEC as UCONN. Love The Dude, but he's wearing extra thick WVU blue and gold colored glasses.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
WVU is/was as close to getting into the SEC as UCONN. Love The Dude, but he's wearing extra thick WVU blue and gold colored glasses.
He has SOURCES!

Reaction Score
He has SOURCES!

Alright. It's time for Paul Finebaum and Tony Barnhart to way in. They might be able to clarify all of this for those two. What did the SEC think and when did they think it?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3h 3 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 Nobody in this country - McMurphy included - worked harder than I to find the truth about WVU & the SEC.

@Mike_ohio26 Why? Because I was purposely mislead by a contact at WVU about the SEC.

@Mike_ohio26 I was @colin_dunlap’s source when he reported WVU had submitted paperwork to the SEC.

@Mike_ohio26 What I wasn’t told was that the SEC didn’t evaluate WVU’s facilities to kindly.

@Mike_ohio26 I was lead to assume that WVU’s budget was acceptable to the SEC when in reality WVU lacked state funds for facilities.

@Mike_ohio26 That experience changed me. I no longer trusted any source. But I had a fire to know what really happened.

@Mike_ohio26 All WVU would say is they were told they were not in the SEC’s plans for the immediate future.

@Mike_ohio26 But I didn’t stop digging. Nearly 2.5 years later an SEC official told me the details.

@Mike_ohio26 He wouldn’t go on record. But what he told me corresponded with what Bogaczyk & Vingle wrote.

@Mike_ohio26 That was that if Mizzou had stayed in the B12 that WVU would have been #14.

@Mike_ohio26 If you read my story from 11/7/2011 you’ll see I was told the same thing as McMurphy.

@Mike_ohio26 The only difference was I didn’t stop digging.

@Mike_ohio26 That experience with WVU & the SEC is the reason I triple verify everything now.

Reaction Score
I really don't know how much more of this conference realignment twitter bs I can stand. These guys are most likely losers and want to feel important, make up some stuff, say things like "off the record, sources close to the university, etc..." They make sure to cover all their bases and once every 5 years or so they are correct on something. What's even more sad, I come here and read every word they say. Maybe I'm the loser?

Reaction Score
He is delusional. Look at me..I have sources....I know the truth...WV can't exist without me. STFU. Can't wait till we are in a conference and can ignore him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom