Non-Key Tweets | Page 159 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Hey happy upcoming 50th @AZHuskiePop

Have to hope if there's an ACC expansion, their TV partners will strongly suggest they take UConn that would override any animosity from our frenemies.
I'm not saying it is going to happen, but money trumps animosity

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22h22 hours ago
G5 schools with resources to match P5 spending have a chance to demonstrate institutional commitment to football.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 22h 22 hours ago
@AB670 But nothing has changed. Don’t wait for a B12 expansion presser anytime soon.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 22h 22 hours ago
@AB670 I have outlined two realistic scenarios where the B12 expands but only when new TV deal is near.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 19h 19 hours ago
@Martyaborg B1G raids ACC. B12 & SEC take a few too.

@Martyaborg Fox forces B12 to expand for next TV contract & overpays. Only if UT on board with B12N.

@Martyaborg 3rd scenario is B1G raids B12. Only possible at end of GoR.

Jim USN_Mustang ‏@GatorBuc2 · 21h21 hours ago
.@theDudeofWV no reason Cincinnati can't produce at the level Louisville has achieved

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 UL would be in the AAC had UMD stayed in ACC. Think about that…

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 11m11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 WV would be in AAC had the Big 12 not needed 2 teams ASAP to maintain status as a conference Think about that...

LOL. I love this Ross guy totally schooling the "Dud." How soon this clown forgets how precarious his own school's position was just a scant few seasons ago. If any of the 4 Big 12 defectors decided to stay put, The Dude would be checking Hotels.com for October rates in Tulsa, Ok.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Few things are actually less interesting than NBC bidding on sports properties. They don't, unless you pretend the Olympics are sports.

Reaction Score
Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 your saying Big 12 expansion was happening even if Missouri and Texas A & M stayed ? We know thats not true

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 @GatorBuc2 No I’m not. Not saying that at all. If Miizzou had stayed WVU was headed to SEC.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 WV was turned down by the SEC guess you forgot about all those stories back then

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@Mike_ohio26 @GatorBuc2 WV was not turned down. Again you have no clue. You should know better.

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GatorBuc2 so your calling Brett McMurphy a lair? http://athlonsports.com/news/sec-and-acc-says-no-west-virginia

Reaction Score
This would be a positive for UConn because UConn can drive subscriptions within it's expanded footprint. Like most of us I'd rather be in the B1G, so hopefully this causes them to move on UConn to prevent the ACC from getting a significant stake in NYC.
I like your optimism, but I don't think the B1G will move on UConn because of this threat. It appears that UConn has been vetted by the B1G already. However, lack of AAU membership makes this an extreme long shot. Our so called "friends" at ESPN however can help out UConn here as they will be essentially controlling the ACCN. That could open up an invite for UConn, but it also seems unlikely because of FSU and BCU objections.

Reaction Score
Please stop with the AAU nonsense.
Which one?
That UConn will never get AAU membership or that UConn will never get in the BIG due to lack of AAU membership?
I've seen both arguments.

pj

Reaction Score
My view:
- 20 years of steady improvement and state investment will get UConn AAU status.
- Lack of AAU membership won't stand in the way of B1G membership if UConn can maintain and grow its athletic programs.

But I wouldn't say the contrary views are nonsense. Just extremely pessimistic. A reflection of despair in the opinion-stater more than of reality.

Reaction Score
I like your optimism, but I don't think the B1G will move on UConn because of this threat. It appears that UConn has been vetted by the B1G already. However, lack of AAU membership makes this an extreme long shot. Our so called "friends" at ESPN however can help out UConn here as they will be essentially controlling the ACCN. That could open up an invite for UConn, but it also seems unlikely because of FSU and BCU objections.

Just because we're dealing with a dumb FSU poster does not make FSU our enemy. FSU pushed hard for LV not because of any animosity to us but because they viewed the inclusion of LV as in their interest. You won't get through life successfully if you treat everyone who doesn't do what you want as if they are actually your enemy. If taking us is in FSU's interest, they will support us. If they don't, they won't.

Reaction Score
Just because we're dealing with a dumb FSU poster does not make FSU our enemy. FSU pushed hard for LV not because of any animosity to us but because they viewed the inclusion of LV as in their interest. You won't get through life successfully if you treat everyone who doesn't do what you want as if they are actually your enemy. If taking us is in FSU's interest, they will support us. If they don't, they won't.
I am an old man who has led a very successful life. Someone who turns their back on me (like FSU with UConn) or tries to harm me (like BCU with UConn) becomes my enemy. That is they way I am.

Reaction Score
I am an old man who has led a very successful life. Someone who turns their back on me (like FSU with UConn) or tries to harm me (like BCU with UConn) becomes my enemy. That is they way I am.

I hit the "like" button for you Buddy because I appreciate your candor and steadfast support. However, I do look at BC differently than FSU. We had no relationship or history with FSU and thus could expect nothing from them (nor them from us). BC is different - they made a point of telling the world that they purposely screwed us out of bitterness that we created. We had given them a plausible excuse for doing so with the BS lawsuit. But IMO it was just a pretense for them so the real reason could remain unspoken. The real reason is that they don't want to compete with us - plain and simple. I am sure they went along with the LV add for similar reasons. Hard to believe that they would vote to add a substandard school just to continue to avoid us, but I believe that is what happened.

Reaction Score
I was one of the earliest proponents of UConn to the B1G ,I still think that's the best match we can make. They have the right blend of Acedemic's and athletics .

I have no love for the the ACC
Having said that the decision to take Louisville over us was done in panic mode ,with FSU and thier Siamese Twin Clemson were almost out the door.
FSU was appeased by the Cardinal addition a program they actually had a history with. Actually their loyality to ,I believe ,an old Conference foe is laudable. We can have no beef with them. Their rep on this board although sometimes a pain gets a pass for no other reason than he is a Marine. (Ex and Marine are never used together).
Since my Sainted older brother was a BAR man in the second Marine decision he get a pass from me. I grew up reading leatherneck magazine.
If only our old conference mates exhibited as much loyality.
Any anger should be directed at them , BCU, Syracuse, Pitt, Miami, and VPI, who actually had a nasty history with the birds from Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Why can I no longer spot edit my comments, on this board?
It happened with the update to IOS 8 .
I can put the whole post in edit mode but I can no longer correct spelling of punctuation as I go . It has made posting more difficult.

Reaction Score
jostar1 said:
Which one? That UConn will never get AAU membership or that UConn will never get in the BIG due to lack of AAU membership? I've seen both arguments.

AAU doesn't matter. The B1G has a plan for maximizing television revenue. We are either part of the plan or not. AAU will not make or break the deal. Either they will see a need to dominate the northeast metropolis areas of which Hartford is one, believe it or not, or they will focus on the mid Atlantic. If they want Northeastern dominance then we are a lock.

Secondly, the world is a filthy, dirty place. If the powers that be in the B1G want us in the AAU, they will get us in the AAU.

Reaction Score
I was one of the earliest proponents of UConn to the B1G ,I still think that's the best match we can make. They have the right blend of Acedemic's and athletics .

I have no love for the the ACC
Having said that the decision to take Louisville over us was done in panic mode ,with FSU and thier Siamese Twin Clemson were almost out the door.
FSU was appeased by the Cardinal addition a program they actually had a history with. Actually their loyality to ,I believe ,an old Conference foe is laudable. We can have no beef with them. Their rep on this board although sometimes a pain gets a pass for no other reason than he is a Marine. (Ex and Marine are never used together).
Since my Sainted older brother was a BAR man in the second Marine decision he get a pass from me. I grew up reading leatherneck magazine.
If only our old conference mates exhibited as much loyality.
Any anger should be directed at them , BCU, Syracuse, Pitt, Miami, and VPI, who actually had a nasty history with the birds from Kentucky.

FSU and Clemson had no intention of ever following through on leaving the ACC. NONE!! Pure saber-rattling to exclude UCONN from the ACC, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're no longer in the active Marine Corps, you're an ex-Marine.

Reaction Score
AAU doesn't matter. The B1G has a plan for maximizing television revenue. We are either part of the plan or not. AAU will not make or break the deal. Either they will see a need to dominate the northeast metropolis areas of which Hartford is one, believe it or not, or they will focus on the mid Atlantic. If they want Northeastern dominance then we are a lock.

Secondly, the world is a filthy, dirty place. If the powers that be in the B1G want us in the AAU, they will get us in the AAU.

They can't get it by committee and democratic vote. They can threaten the bottom guys to vote their way, if the pro-UConns are powerful, but that's still not enough.

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson had no intention of ever following through on leaving the ACC. NONE!! Pure saber-rattling to exclude UCONN from the ACC, IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're no longer in the active Marine Corps, you're an ex-Marine.

Wasn't even real sabre rattling. The FSU President went public and said no discussion and was somewhat disparaging about the Big 12. It all started when Andy Haggard (FSU BOT) misunderstood the ACC deal and his remarks went nationwide. Andy, pretty immediately, said "oops!".

What it was...was social media and silly twitterati who invented a narrative (the Dude even admitted later that he invented things to try to destabilize the ACC0. Then somewhat respected media bloggers picked up this invented narrative. Soon you had FSU and Clemson going to the Big 12...the papers were in the mail. Then you had Miami going to the Big 12...their request was in. Then you had Virginia was going to the B1G. Then VT was going to the B1G. Then NC State to the Big 12....all just stories on the internet.

Re Marine vs ex-Marine....I don't really think about that. Nor really care. I am not on active duty and it has been decades since I served. I do know that when I pass a guy who served in the Corps...we say Semper Fi to each other as we pass.

Once a Marine, always a Marine is just a saying...although I think there may be some little truth in the saying....You are in life, not only what you are now, but what you have been along the way.

I guess I have carried being a Marine with me through life, though...much as you carry a scar or a limp that prompts a memory of a time past. I am absolutely positive that being in the Corps so young has served me well through the years. Like the great tale begins, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How did FSU turn their back on us?

Reaction Score
Now...that is not to say that FSU wasn't interested in talking to the SEC. They were. But that was not going to happen because Florida was alreadycovered in the SECN...as the FSU President declared in his email to boosters.

Reaction Score
How did FSU turn their back on us?
They voted against UConn admission to the ACC. Just because someone was a marine decades ago, does not give them a pass. I still don't understand why that guy posts on a UConn board. Is he just here to taunt, or gloat. No marine would do that. I want don't want to hear an explanation of the behavior of FSU or BCU toward UConn. Their actions have spoken.

Reaction Score
Here's my non-key tweet. I just had Longhorn Network added to my DirecTV and wow who the heck cares. There's nothing worth watching on it. I'd rather they used the bandwidth to bradcast UnversalSports in HD than see the coaches show 10/per day. I'm sure it fell on deaf ears because this was part of a larger deal, but I did let DTV know how irrelevant this addition is for me. Apparently DTV has another Sat launch coming up that could expand capacity over the next six months or so.

Reaction Score
They voted against UConn admission to the ACC. Just because someone was a marine decades ago, does not give them a pass. I still don't understand why that guy posts on a UConn board. Is he just here to taunt, or gloat. No marine would do that. I want don't want to hear an explanation of the behavior of FSU or BCU toward UConn. Their actions have spoken.
Simply by voting against us doesn't mean they turned their back. Just means they chose someone else. For their goals as a school, frankly, I don't blame them for making that vote.

Reaction Score
Anyway, here's Brandon's latest thoughts on CR:

“I believe we are positioned so we could operate on this for a long time, with no rush or need to expand further,” he said. “We’ll keep our eyes open. I have believed for some time conference expansion is not over. As interests move and different conferences grow and expand, it creates opportunities and ignites interest in taking a look at how you compete with what’s around you.”

And that statement is over a year and a half old....in CR news...that's pretty old news....I could not find anything much more recent.

Reaction Score
Simply by voting against us doesn't mean they turned their back. Just means they chose someone else. For their goals as a school, frankly, I don't blame them for making that vote.
Did the admission of Louisville over UConn really change their goal? They were fortunate to get to the playoffs. Playing Louisville made no difference. Actually Louisville should have knocked them out of the playoffs, but they choked in the second half. You are obviously not a UConn fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom