Non-Key Tweets | Page 161 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well that settles it. If the Dude is TRIPLE verifying, then it's got to be true. . .

Is a triple verify only done if a reader triple dog dares you?

DOGDARE.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
He might not be wrong. Texas A&M was such a hugely important acquisition for the SEC, they would do anything to make it happen. If CCG deregulation had occurred then, they could have gone with 13 teams, but as it was they had to find a 14th. If they hadn't been able to pry off Missouri with the B12, WVU would have been the best remaining candidate. They could have given them a half-share for 20 years too, and made entry contingent on facilities improvements.

Reaction Score
The Dude is insisting that the Big XII will not be expanding, and he's supposed to be the know all about the Big XII. We know that the chance of the Big XII getting more TV money with additional members is low because their current contract is written for 12 members, and 10 are spitting the pot for 12. But this guy who is the president of Cincinnati isn't slowing down. Last summer he was making the rounds through the ACC. He likes to take pictures of himself with P5 Presidents and put the pictures on twitter. He did so with about 4 ACC presidents 6 months ago. Now here he goes this month through the Big XII. Don't know if it will do any good, but I guess it can't hurt.

Texas: https://twitter.com/PrezOno/status/561194181981249536/photo/1

Baylor: https://twitter.com/PrezOno/status/553288300044107777

TCU: https://twitter.com/PrezOno/status/553655567521026048/photo/1

This guy is all over the place. Every fifth one of his tweets is about Nippert Stadium, and he posts a lot about basketball games too. He sure gives the impression that he's working to get into one of these conferences, but perhaps he should consult the Dude of WV first. I thought it was interesting.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Dude is insisting that the Big XII will not be expanding, and he's supposed to be the know all about the Big XII. We know that the chance of the Big XII getting more TV money with additional members is low because their current contract is written for 12 members, and 10 are spitting the pot for 12. But this guy who is the president of Cincinnati isn't slowing down. Last summer he was making the rounds through the ACC. He likes to take pictures of himself with P5 Presidents and put the pictures on twitter. He did so with about 4 ACC presidents 6 months ago. Now here he goes this month through the Big XII. Don't know if it will do any good, but I guess it can't hurt.

This guy is all over the place. Every fifth one of his tweets is about Nippert Stadium, and he posts a lot about basketball games too. He sure gives the impression that he's working to get into one of these conferences, but perhaps he should consult the Dude of WV first. I thought it was interesting.

Almost reminds me of Missouri campaigning publicly for a Big10 invite when UNL was admitted. They had their governor mentioning it, if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score

Definitely interesting. But not surprising. You have to market your institution regardless. We, UConn, need to not only increase our stature, whether it's AAU or investment in athletics, but also need to be putting a big marketing push about footprint into Ny and New England.

Reaction Score
Definitely interesting. But not surprising. You have to market your institution regardless. We, UConn, need to not only increase our stature, whether it's AAU or investment in athletics, but also need to be putting a big marketing push about footprint into Ny and New England.
Connecticut is the 4th most densely populated state in the country. New England is the 2nd most densely populated region in the country. There's no way the powers that be do not know.

Reaction Score
Connecticut is the 4th most densely populated state in the country. New England is the 2nd most densely populated region in the country. There's no way the powers that be do not know.

Yeah didn't know the exact figures but hey a little shouting out who you are can't hurt

pj

Reaction Score
Proving the northeast is populous is easy. Proving UConn can deliver fans throughout the region is harder.

But for conferences that already have a fanbase in the northeast, increasing their presence will surely help. Synergies.

Reaction Score
Let's face it the "dude" is all invested in trying to seem competent and at the same time portray wv as a big player in spite of winning no championships in anything since they've been in the big 12. They've struggle to play in the top half of the conference in both fb and bb. It's easy to play the no expansion card as it happens so infrequently you are going to be right most of the time. I'm sure he has a backdoor excuse for when they do make changes which are likely coming or in fact the big 12 will fall apart, and wv will be looking for a home. It would be particularly funny if wv ends up in some splintered version of the big 12 leftovers and aac. That would be quite a spin.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
UCONN offering full cost of attendence should not surprise anyone. UCONN is all-in in their attempts to enter into a P5 conference by 2019

This will also give UCONN the ability to keep up with P5 recruiting when it come to their fantastic Basketball programs and growing Hockey

Remember, there were some who were writing articles and tweeting about UCONN having plans to take their Football program out D1. Outrageous

Houston will do the same....cover full cost of attendence. These current major G5 will not go softly into thy good night. Big $ & interests

@DooleyMcStitch And its just not about the $. People are actually working on behalf of UCONN directly from the University and indirectly....

@DooleyMcStitch. ...to propell UCONN into a P5. These investments and decisions at UCONN are not being made in thin air..meeting benchmarks

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3h 3 hours ago
UCONN is making themselves viable, approachable and doable for more than just the ACC. If I had to guess I would put UCONN at Big Ten....

...at #18 (Big Ten going to 20 in next generation of colligate sports). My wild guess would be at year 2024. 2nd guess...UCONN Big Ten #16..

....in year 2019. 3rd guess would be ACC #14 -16 in 2024 after Big Ten raids ACC conference. But the important note is UCONN-UCF-BYU-USF...

...and others are not going to give up the ship in the next 10 years because they are all singing from the same song book.....

Growth breeds expansion. College Sports value is growing...Big time. This induces expansion...except to the knuckle heads who run the Big 12

Reaction Score
I don't see how we can hang on for 9 more years with current revenue stream. It has to happen sooner, much sooner.
I agree, money will run out at some point. Now if they have some close door reassurance with a P5 conference with a date in mind, I think Uconn will spend whatever to keep themselves relevant until that date. I really have to feel they know where they will be in the next 5-10 years. The fact that they are offering full cost of attendence, trying to keep up with the P5, paying their mens/womens bball and fball coaches very good wages, etc, has me optimistic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

As did I - and then I saw that just an hour ago....

https://twitter.com/PrezOno/status/561741308067606528/photo/1

Reaction Score
I always thought Santa J Ono was woman. Maybe because Santa, is the spanish word for a female saint.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I always thought Santa J Ono was woman. Maybe because Santa, is the spanish word for a female saint.
I think he's anti-Christmas. Santa Oh no.

pj

Reaction Score
It says something that the B12 leaders are willing to take meetings with him and let him take photos with them. Must be something going on.

Reaction Score
Well I do see Warde on the latest AT&T adv. with the hottie. Maybe he is trying to reach the broader audience.

Reaction Score
14 team conferences are the way to go. Play the other 6 teams in your division and rotate through 3 in the other per year. UConn, Cincy, BYU and UCF coming to Big 12!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom