Non-Key Tweets | Page 154 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
But if Delaney gets what he wants in deregulation of all division teams not having to play each other, then would UConn even need a partner? Couldn't Delaney just quickly pick up UConn for cheap and call it a day until other GORs expire and the shuffle starts again?

I think that is this guy Flugaur's point. Deregulation would potentially allow for cross-divisional scheduling. That allows for better SOS and the ability to put your top 2 teams in a Championship Game, regardless of what division they are in. I would also think that deregulation would also mean that a conference wouldn't need an even number of teams to hold a Championship Game.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Couldn't Delaney just quickly pick up UConn for cheap and call it a day until other GORs expire and the shuffle starts again?

the Big Ten does have experience with odd numbers...

However, (15 * 9) does not divide by 2 well, so somebody would be shorted a game with a nine-game conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Hockey is a niche sport. You hockey guys are delusional.
If our success in Basketball,which is a major sort ,hasn't gotten us in .
Why would you think anyone will move the needle over hockey.
While all you guys were busy bashing the AAC , thinking things couldn't get worse ,I predicted our conference would be raided again ,by the B12 , and we would not get a n invite. So there was some value in the conference it just wasn't us.
We are really pretty screwed , unless the B1G saves us.
Why would they?
The ACC and theIr Daddy ESPN wants us dead .

We have been done in by our own lack of forsight in football.
Repeat after me
Football
Football
Football
I couldn't give you a like because I don't like what you are saying, but you are correct. All of this hockey talk is silly. If it mattered, Quinnipiac would be in the B1G. I think it was not only lack of foresight, but lack of will. People like to finger point at the previous administration, but the current president, although she certainly has improved UConn academically, and her cohort rock star fumbled away UConn's last chance to get out of this mess.

Reaction Score
Transic_nyc ‏@Transic_nyc · 1h1 hour ago
What’s Your College Team Worth?
Ohio State Overtakes Texas as the Most Valuable Program in College Football
http://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-your-college-team-worth-1421081367?mod=e2tw

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Transic_nyc New BIG TEN TEIR TV CONTRACT is going to rattle cages. The middle and bottom of Big Ten will be extremely healthy vs other P5..

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Transic_nyc. ...P5 middle and bottom budget schools in other conferences. This also shows, along with tv ratings, UCONN & UCF > VS G5

Reaction Score
Brandon Helwig ‏@UCFSports · 2h2 hours ago
@WSJ @TuxedoYoda BYU, USF, UCF the most valuable among non-P5

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 49m49 minutes ago
@Kool_J75 @UCFSports @WSJ @TuxedoYoda USF football program has no value to B12.

pj

Reaction Score
the Big Ten does have experience with odd numbers...

However, (15 * 9) does not divide by 2 well, so somebody would be shorted a game with a nine-game conference schedule.

UConn will happily play an 8 or 10 game schedule, and if necessary be handicapped for the league championship, in order to make early entry possible.

pj

Reaction Score
Transic_nyc ‏@Transic_nyc · 1h1 hour ago
What’s Your College Team Worth?
Ohio State Overtakes Texas as the Most Valuable Program in College Football
http://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-your-college-team-worth-1421081367?mod=e2tw

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Transic_nyc. ...P5 middle and bottom budget schools in other conferences. This also shows, along with tv ratings, UCONN & UCF > VS G5

UConn is #60 at $95 million. Central Florida #59 at $99 million. BYU #52 at $113 million. Cincy #75 at $36 million -- big drop off there! USF not listed. Colorado State comes in at #76, $33 million.

Boston College #62 at $92 million. Pitt #64 at $87 million. L'ville #65 at $85 million. Wake #72 at $47 million.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn is #60 at $95 million. Central Florida #59 at $99 million. BYU #52 at $113 million. Cincy #75 at $36 million -- big drop off there! USF not listed. Colorado State comes in at #76, $33 million.

Boston College #62 at $92 million. Pitt #64 at $87 million. L'ville #65 at $85 million. Wake #72 at $47 million.

USF is just ahead of UCF at #58.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-football-program-intrinsic-value-60.70973/

HUGE dropoff between UCONN and Cincinnati. I was quite surprised when I saw that actually!

Reaction Score
Gotta love that dominant Johns Hopkins football team.
And Johns Hopkins is a member of the B1G in one sport. Would you be satisfied if UConn joined the B1G only in hockey?

A scenario which as a 0% chance of occurring, by the way.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
And Johns Hopkins is a member of the B1G in one sport. Would you be satisfied if UConn joined the B1G only in hockey?

UConn would turn that invite down.

Reaction Score

You missed the sarcasm. My point is that when it comes to the BTN, the revenue comes from different areas and you need to take into account the sum of all of the parts.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
Please don't misquote me on what I've said today. No Big 12 expansion for 2015, 2016. 2017, 2018, 2019. In 2020 they get serious about it.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I agree with this statement. I don't see the Big 12 expanding until at least 2019. I don't agree with Big 12 leaders..however

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 54m 54 minutes ago
We could dissect ACC Football REV numbers and instantly see how the middle and Bottom of the Conf will not keep up with Mid-Bot of other P5

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 50m 50 minutes ago
For Big 12 schools: Look at Football REV for 2013/14 average for Big 10 = $62,407,139 vs. Big 12=$61,033,836..close, right?....however....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 48m 48 minutes ago
...if you take off top 2 Football REV schools in each conf(Mich&OSU)&(OU&UT) you get averages: Big 10 = $55,697,604 vs. Big 12=$47,321359...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 46m 46 minutes ago
Point is the Big 10 is very healthy in Middle and Bottom of Conf when it comes to payouts vs other P5 conf, still using old B1G TV contracts

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 44m 44 minutes ago
What happens in comparing the Mid-Bot of Big 10 Conf in payouts vs. others when the new Big 10 Tier 1 contract comes aboard in 2017?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 43m 43 minutes ago
Conference Expansion/Realignment is going to happen again in the next 5 years. The gap in money..gap in monetizing markets will make it so

KevB ‏@ctkevb 37m37 minutes ago
@flugempire Out of curiosity Fluges are you professionally connected to college sports/broadcast media?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
@ctkevb Not professionally connected to either, but personally connected to one of those.

Reaction Score
Hockey East is a top conference totally confined within New England. UCONN is packing the XL Center. That is visibility. It's the AAU thing that is the B1G hurdle.
by totally confined in New England, are you somehow including South Bend into the very far western portion of CT?

Reaction Score
God, I hope you're being facetious because it's so hard to tell on here any more.

In case not, Johns Hopkins being an associated member of the Big Ten for lacrosse does us no good at all. Unless you want us to quit the AAC so we can only compete in the Big in lacrosse, or volleyball, or some other non-revenue sport.
lets not give people more ideas BL...

Reaction Score
God, I hope you're being facetious because it's so hard to tell on here any more.

In case not, Johns Hopkins being an associated member of the Big Ten for lacrosse does us no good at all. Unless you want us to quit the AAC so we can only compete in the Big in lacrosse, or volleyball, or some other non-revenue sport.
lets not give people more ideas BL...

Reaction Score
Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike · 9h9 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I don't have any misconceptions about value. I know there isn't enough $ in any potential member aside from ND.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
@tsnmike The Big 12 source told me last night there isn't any way the Big 12 DOESNT expand in preparation for the next deal.

Timmy Hinds ‏@Hindstr4 · 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @tsnmike didn't your big 12 source say no expansion not too long ago?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
@Hindstr4 @tsnmike No expansion. I always said it was possible in 5 or 6 years. That's never changed.

Timmy Hinds ‏@Hindstr4 · 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @tsnmike You are saying your sources are making you feel like they need to before their new contract. That's still expanding

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
@Hindstr4 @tsnmike Twitter people who are telling your guys the Big 12 has a deal with any AAC school or is about to have a deal are wrong.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 The Big 12 is not expanding. They are not engaged in the process of expanding.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 Relaying the factors that will likely lead to expansion in the future & the Big 12's thoughts on future actions (cont)

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 does not contradict the fact the Big 12 is not expanding.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV
· 4h 4 hours ago
Future Big 12 plans for expansion - i.e. in 2021 - are contingent on two factors.

· 4h 4 hours ago
1. being that Fox and/or ESPN agree to overpay again to keep the Big 12 intact & insist on more inventory in return.

· 4h 4 hours ago
2. Being that Texas buys into a possible Big 12 network and expansion beyond 12 is feasible.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4h 4 hours ago
So unless the Big 12 gets a raise somehow its not expanding now or ever.

Reaction Score
by totally confined in New England, are you somehow including South Bend into the very far western portion of CT?
Yeah, it was an oversight. But I don't pay any mind to ND anyway, the school whose only objective is finding a teet from which to suck.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
Conference Expansion/Realignment is going to happen again in the next 5 years. The gap in money..gap in monetizing markets will make it so

Transic_nyc ‏@Transic_nyc · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire Do you make anything on Virginia Tech moving up the games against Penn State and scheduling Rutgers for 2023-24?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Transic_nyc The worst kept secret in the ACC landscape is VA Tech is the most willing school to leave the ACC. VA TECH becoming viable

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like that the dude doesn't recognize he is 'twitter people'

Reaction Score
nice to see there are some constants in the universe.
I'm pretty sure I saw the real Rutgers Al post on the Rutgers board a few weeks ago saying it's not him on twitter. Still an entertaining follow but not as good knowing it's not really him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom