Non-Key Tweets | Page 153 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
And if the B1G comes calling, we sign up immediately but white out the section which discusses hockey. We're doing just fine there thank you very much.

I understand your thinking but if Big called, we do whatever they want (see TCU and Boise). If they tells us to move hockey and drop women's hoops, you say yes sir Mr Delaney.

Reaction Score
And if the B1G comes calling, we sign up immediately but white out the section which discusses hockey. We're doing just fine there thank you very much.

The B1G could use another hockey team. We can schedule HE out of conference. I'd rather stay in HE but' that's not the priority.

Reaction Score
Did hockey get Rutgers into the B1G? Louisville to the ACC? Nope. Hockey is meaningless in CR.

Reaction Score
Hockey is not meaningless. Hockey East is where BC gets all of its basketball wins. :cool:
I said it was meaning less in CR. Not meaningless overall. Just my point, ACC doesn't even have hockey, yet BCU is there.

Reaction Score
Did hockey get Rutgers into the B1G? Louisville to the ACC? Nope. Hockey is meaningless in CR.

When it comes to content for BTN it is a very important piece of the puzzle. Content and ad revenue for BTN.

Reaction Score
Hockey is a niche sport. You hockey guys are delusional.
If our success in Basketball,which is a major sort ,hasn't gotten us in .
Why would you think anyone will move the needle over hockey.
While all you guys were busy bashing the AAC , thinking things couldn't get worse ,I predicted our conference would be raided again ,by the B12 , and we would not get a n invite. So there was some value in the conference it just wasn't us.
We are really pretty screwed , unless the B1G saves us.
Why would they?
The ACC and theIr Daddy ESPN wants us dead .

We have been done in by our own lack of forsight in football.
Repeat after me
Football
Football
Football

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Hockey is driving CR at all. Yet the B1G just created its own hockey conference. With 6 programs.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Hockey is driving CR at all. Yet the B1G just created its own hockey conference. With 6 programs.
Yes, and? It'd be a nice secondary or tertiary factor, but it's miles from being anything that will get us in. It's football and TV.

Reaction Score
Hockey East is a top conference totally confined within New England. UCONN is packing the XL Center. That is visibility. It's the AAU thing that is the B1G hurdle.

Reaction Score
Hockey East is a top conference totally confined within New England. UCONN is packing the XL Center. That is visibility. It's the AAU thing that is the B1G hurdle.
New England and Indiana because ND does wtf it wants.

Reaction Score
lol, I'm kind of stuck defending points I never made but I'll play along for a while...

1) I don't advocate for an immediate upgrade of the Rent for to 55K. It makes no sense with our current attendance. That said the notion that facilities don't matter is just silly. Of course they do, you hear a lot of buzz about the Rent being too small and about how it is expansion ready. There's a reason for that.

2) Is it inconsistant to give RU credit for the full population of NJ 0f 7 million (it's actually closer to 9M) but not give "NY's university" of Buffalo credit for NY's 19 milllion? Sure Buffalo doesn't carry NYC and doesn't but who does? Certainly not Rutgers. While RU's support is strong around New Brunswick it fades quickly. That said, it will only improve due to B1G membership.

and now one point I did make... Seems silly to rip on on RU's approach to conference realignment. Perhaps an analogy will help. Two unemployed guys are candidates for the same job. One has more experience but lesser results in the target region and the other does a great job but 90% is not in the target region. The first guy buys an expensive new suit, even though he's short on cash and goes to the interview. The other guy goes in a nice but more modest suit. The first guy gets the job. Did the suit do it for him? Probably not, but the guy who lost out on the job to him standing around mocking him for it kind of looks like an idiot. That's just my opinion though.
Louisville and Rutgers expanded with less than stellar attendance. Cincy upgraded this season...

Reaction Score
Gotta love that dominant Johns Hopkins football team.

God, I hope you're being facetious because it's so hard to tell on here any more.

In case not, Johns Hopkins being an associated member of the Big Ten for lacrosse does us no good at all. Unless you want us to quit the AAC so we can only compete in the Big in lacrosse, or volleyball, or some other non-revenue sport.

Reaction Score
God, I hope you're being facetious because it's so hard to tell on here any more.

In case not, Johns Hopkins being an associated member of the Big Ten for lacrosse does us no good at all. Unless you want us to quit the AAC so we can only compete in the Big in lacrosse, or volleyball, or some other non-revenue sport.

I am....my point is that there can be exceptions and while BTN ad revenue will be small for UCONN Women's basketball and Men's Hockey when compared to football or Men's basketball, an extra 1-3+ M in value only helps our cuase.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Texas Athletic Department having a buget shortfall for the 13-14 season of 2.8 million dollars (161 REV vs 163.8 EXP) for 1st time in 14 yrs

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3h 3 hours ago
The most important part of the Texas budget shortfall is that the cost of college sports will only go up up and up with new reforms.....

.....and UT AD Paterson says that it will take a few years for UT to get thier books balanced again(Im paraphrasing a bit here).

Texas will be fine financially.....but for most of the P5 schools it will be a tremendous challenge to keep in the black with new reforms

Ive said this from the beginning and will say it now again. LHN is only good for ESPN. Not for good for Texas or Big 12 5-10 yrs from now

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Jan 8
As of now, under the NCAA rules, teams within a division must all play each other yearly. Delany wants to give Big 10 a future option in..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · Jan 8
...flexibility in scheduling within Conference Games. Motivation is triple fold.1) Guarantee teams playing each at least once within 3 years

2) Flexibility in scheduling increases value. 3) Gains ability to expand conference. Example: 9 teams in 2 Div. 7 Inter games. 3 crossover

More expansion is in the future of the Big 10. Delany looking at ways to make it more feasible. Don't over look this upcoming deregulation.

Delany will target the current rule of all division teams having to all play each other (round robin) and will try to eliminate the rule.

Many will ask why did Delany want this?.....for all the rule changes why was this one important to him? I just told you why. Its happening

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire this is how dumb the B12 is. The changing of the rule will make it easier for B10, SEC and P12 to expand

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Texas Athletic Department having a buget shortfall for the 13-14 season of 2.8 million dollars (161 REV vs 163.8 EXP) for 1st time in 14 yrs

The most important part of the Texas budget shortfall is that the cost of college sports will only go up up and up with new reforms.....

.....and UT AD Paterson says that it will take a few years for UT to get thier books balanced again(Im paraphrasing a bit here).

Texas will be fine financially.....but for most of the P5 schools it will be a tremendous challenge to keep in the black with new reforms

Ive said this from the beginning and will say it now again. LHN is only good for ESPN. Not for good for Texas or Big 12 5-10 yrs from now

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Jan 8
As of now, under the NCAA rules, teams within a division must all play each other yearly. Delany wants to give Big 10 a future option in..

...flexibility in scheduling within Conference Games. Motivation is triple fold.1) Guarantee teams playing each at least once within 3 years

2) Flexibility in scheduling increases value. 3) Gains ability to expand conference. Example: 9 teams in 2 Div. 7 Inter games. 3 crossover

More expansion is in the future of the Big 10. Delany looking at ways to make it more feasible. Don't over look this upcoming deregulation.

Delany will target the current rule of all division teams having to all play each other (round robin) and will try to eliminate the rule.

Many will ask why did Delany want this?.....for all the rule changes why was this one important to him? I just told you why. Its happening

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire this is how dumb the B12 is. The changing of the rule will make it easier for B10, SEC and P12 to expand

Hard to believe that you make $165 million in revenues and you're in the red. Never mind the fact that this budget INCLUDES all alumni giving to the Longhorn foundation, AND excludes the $20m a year the school spends servicing $300m of stadium and arena debt. Also, 100% of royalties accrue to the AD.

Not sure what they are doing wrong, but they have plenty of money to service the debt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure what they are doing wrong, but they have plenty of money to service the debt.
Clearly they need to increase the student activities fees.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

The big hurdle is that there isn't a viable partner right now.

Reaction Score
The big hurdle is that there isn't a viable partner right now.

But if Delaney gets what he wants in deregulation of all division teams not having to play each other, then would UConn even need a partner? Couldn't Delaney just quickly pick up UConn for cheap and call it a day until other GORs expire and the shuffle starts again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom