Non-Key Tweets | Page 128 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but why does the University continue to use UConn instead of UCONN? With all the branding, it is supposed to be all caps. I noticed the Championship banners all had UConn and I don't like it.
If I remember correctly the all cap version was too be used strictly as a graphic, the UConn version is for use in print.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly the all cap version was too be used strictly as a graphic, the UConn version is for use in print.
I did not know that. But it makes no sense. It's not like UConn needs to different formats. I don't like it at all.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but why does the University continue to use UConn instead of UCONN? With all the branding, it is supposed to be all caps. I noticed the Championship banners all had UConn and I don't like it.

Why? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 9h9 hours ago
Source telling me B10 wanting to add at least 2 more large markets possibly by spring. Looking for 2 big-time programs this go round.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8h8 hours ago
@MH3 @theatheistteach
Hmmm..what program in a valuable market meets the B1G's academic profile, is a AAU member & hasn't signed a GoR?

ground hog11 ‏@ground_hog11 · 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @MH3 @theatheistteach
Vandy

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV @ground_hog11 @MH3 @theatheistteach
So ND & Vandy are joining the B1G? I'm gonna buy stock in Enron to celebrate!

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I did not know that. But it makes no sense. It's not like UConn needs to different formats. I don't like it at all.

Oh, f---.

The UCONN thing that has your undies in a wad isn't a different "format" - it's the wordmark. You can't use a wordmark in print because it's a graphical element for branding.

Reaction Score
MH3 @MH3 · 9h 9 hours ago
Source telling me B10 wanting to add at least 2 more large markets possibly by spring. Looking for 2 big-time programs this go round.

Nothing we haven't heard before

Heavy interest in B12 and ACC schools though.

MH3 @MH3 · 8h 8 hours ago
Interestingly enough-they are also interested in an SEC school as well-not what you'd call a big time program though.

Tomorrow MH3 will claim his sources are telling him that The B1G is adding 6 teams, or merging with The PAC, or kicking teams out. His nonsense makes The Dude seem credible by comparison. It was said that Nostradamus received his prophetic visions by staring into a bowl of water. I think this clown has a similar process although it consists of staring into the toilet after taking a dump.

Reaction Score
Pretty much every realignment combination has been rumored and discussed by now.

If they're just throwing against the wall I wish they get more creative - like the Big Ten - Pac 12 alliance getting back on together.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow MH3 will claim his sources are telling him that The B1G is adding 6 teams, or merging with The PAC, or kicking teams out. His nonsense makes The Dude seem credible by comparison. It was said that Nostradamus received his prophetic visions by staring into a bowl of water. I think this clown has a similar process although it consists of staring into the toilet after taking a dump.

He already said that last spring. He stated that if The Big10 were to take eight Pac12'schools, they could bring in The Pac12 network with them and merge that with The BTN.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11h 11 hours ago
Big Ten Football schedule will develop more diversity in next few years (more night games/later in season) Delany would love more FB content

....too be able to spread around and leverage BTN against Tier 1 providers (ESPN/FOX/CBS?/ABC) in the future. TV contract in 16=Tsunami

Delany and B1G was stopped at 14...not by their choosing. So much money is being left on table without growth to 16 schools for 2017 season.

Don't get me wrong...next B1G TV contract will be staggering....but vs. total potential of "what could have been" money being left on table

As for Delany...still making friends out East. As long as Texas is not interested (and they are not) Boren is not heading to Chicago.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 10h 10 hours ago
@Transic_nyc If Delany is able to pick off another ACC school it wont be Syracuse. Delany is interested in the state of Virginia.

Reaction Score
Assuming this is accurate, when would 2 teams need to be announced in order to play fb in 2017? Would a team coming from a p5 conference require more time. I'd like one of the 2 teams to be us, because I a not certain that the acc back fills with us.

Reaction Score
Assuming this is accurate, when would 2 teams need to be announced in order to play fb in 2017? Would a team coming from a p5 conference require more time. I'd like one of the 2 teams to be us, because I a not certain that the acc back fills with us.

UConn's biggest problem is that the B1G's best strategy is to wait. The B1G isn't going to close the door on Virginia.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
We need football to get better and get better quicker then possible. I believe in what HCBD is doing and I am excited about the recruits... but the last thing we need is expansion to happen now... our football product is not ready yet... If it happens I feel the B1G wagon is rolling out and unless Cincy gets an invite out west we may be left in Nutkickville!

Reaction Score
UConn's biggest problem is that the B1G's best strategy is to wait. The B1G isn't going to close the door on Virginia.

They cannot wait if they want or need 16 for the next tv contract. I believe that was the point of fluguar's tweets and the focus on 2017.

Reaction Score

For a 2017 TV contract, I believe initial discussions would begin in late 2015 early 2016.

While the quality of UConn's on field product with respect to football is sub-par right now, UConn's facilities are already at the P5 level for the most part with a few exceptions - soccer (already partially paid for and now in the design phase), on campus hockey (in the short-term plan and with a few more wins against BC and a few less losses to Sacred Heart, donors will help with that), and baseball/softball (in the long-term plan). Gampel needs a rehab (or replacement, which is also in the long-term plan, and the football stadium needs to be enlarged (practice facility is top notch); but should not be a short-term deal breaker. I would be more concerned about AAU status and the size of the endowment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Need AAU even more then good football, but yeah getting better at football would be a plus.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
AAU. Endowment. Improve football.

Endowment just needs time (and generous donors). Donations are at all-time high levels and it appears President Herbst has the right people in place to schmooze the deep pocketed folks.

$1.5B to UCONN to expand research is more important to UCONN's B1G hopes than our football record. And with our generous Governor re-elected, UCONN knows it has an ally in order to get any sort of "final push" funding approved.

Ironically enough, football is the one I'm least worried about. Sports are cyclical, I say it all the time. We would deliver TV sets and an avid fanbase to watch all content, not just football. You put a B1G schedule on UCONN's season ticket package and football would explode around here...much like it has down in NJ and MD.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

MH has actually been correct somehow with both WVU to the SEC (he was the first to say WVU was in trouble) and then WVU to the Big 12. I don't think the Dude has gotten anything right.

If I had to guess, MH knows someone in the WV athletic department that feeds him reasonably accurate stuff if WV is involved, and otherwise makes stuff up. I think the Dude has created an internet persona but does not have any actual sources.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Fluger's stuff seems more like what he wishes would happen. Doesn't hurt anyone, but I don't think he has any inside information at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom