Non-Key Tweets | Page 127 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
First we need to win in football before we continue to bash the AAC in its entirety. I don't want to be here but our football team has shown we don't belong any where else yet. I have confidence that we will win with Coach D but until that time we need to be careful who we slam. We are not in any position to scream superiority over our other conference members.

In regards to adding teams. We cannot bring anyone in until we can get a better revenue stream. Marshall, Massachusetts, N. Illinois, Rice, etc just don't bring enough revenue on their own. Also I think we will see that overall decisions are made beyond just football. Possibly bring in schools with strong academic ties (which is why Umass, Rice is here) to go with a Navy coming next year.

Reaction Score
Oh my God who cares about a GOR. Not in this conference.
UCONN should be all caps. Otherwise it's a grand display.

Attachments

• 4 banners.jpg
    4 banners.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 98
Reaction Score
If a GoR requires unanimity, maybe UConn could carve out its own TV rights and market them itself. Let the conference members choose to be part of the GoR or to self-market. I think a UConn Network in Connecticut would do OK, and UConn could sell national games on the side, and regionally to SNY or NESN. At any rate, it would be a fair test of market power.

If it were ever to get to that point the AAC would require a GOR as a requirement for membership in the conference. That would put UConn back in the position of needing to be an independent.

That being said, I don't see a GOR happening because schools like UConn, Cinci, USF & UCF are all looking to get out & would unlikely agree to one

Reaction Score
I place no credibility in "AAC GoR" simply because the current contract pays so little (which conveys that media outlets value them so little). Any AAC GoR talk must have begun in Appalachia.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If UCONN signs a GoR with the American, I will stop watching college sports altogether.
I won't but I will think awfully hard about the AD and President's decision making and priorities. Of course, if we have no where else to go it would like be the best option. Just keep the term down or build in out clauses for us.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I won't but I will think awfully hard about the AD and President's decision making and priorities. Of course, if we have no where else to go it would like be the best option. Just keep the term down or build in out clauses for us.

This, except my questioning will be behind a pitchfork.

9020541_orig.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
I would bet this is just Aresco doing due diligence. How much would TV networks pay if we give them a GoR, how much if we don't. Doubt very much any college president would seriously consider giving one.

Reaction Score
I would bet this is just Aresco doing due diligence. How much would TV networks pay if we give them a GoR, how much if we don't. Doubt very much any college president would seriously consider giving one.

OK, PJ and others, fill me in here cause I'm missing something. What is this talk of Aresco and a GOR?

The American Conference is currently under contract with ESPN, so he could only be talking TV contract with ESPN no? He can't possibly be talking to networks other than ESPN if this GOR thing has any legs right, which I would hope it doesnt.

pj

Reaction Score
OK, PJ and others, fill me in here cause I'm missing something. What is this talk of Aresco and a GOR?

The American Conference is currently under contract with ESPN, so he could only be talking TV contract with ESPN no? He can't possibly be talking to networks other than ESPN if this GOR thing has any legs right, which I would hope it doesnt.

Bobbyinaz claimed there were rumors of this here: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/non-key-tweets.36164/page-105#post-1114150

He's probably just confused, drunk, or stoned, but we're complaining about it anyway.

If this has any basis in fact, the GoR would be for the AAC's next media deal. If you think there will be no realignment until the B12 and ACC deals expire, then you might want the next AAC deal to expire at the same time, and maximize revenue by giving a GoR.

Reaction Score
Bobbyinaz claimed there were rumors of this here: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/non-key-tweets.36164/page-105#post-1114150

He's probably just confused, drunk, or stoned, but we're complaining about it anyway.

If this has any basis in fact, the GoR would be for the AAC's next media deal. If you think there will be no realignment until the B12 and ACC deals expire, then you might want the next AAC deal to expire at the same time, and maximize revenue by giving a GoR.

I didn't start the rumors...:)

I just said IF they were true UConn would not be a part of signing any GOR

P.S. It is a nice 85 degree day here & I did have a few margaritas at an outdoor restaurant for lunch

Reaction Score

Thanks. I think this 'rumor" came from MHThree. Would not make sense for UConn in the slightest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A grant of rights for the AAC is not happening - it won't happen at any G5 conference.

I don't think it's even on Aresco's radar. It doesn't make any sense for the membership and it's not like there's a network so eager for the content that they're willing to overpay to lock this tire fire together.

Reaction Score
A grant of rights for the AAC is not happening - it won't happen at any G5 conference.

I don't think it's even on Aresco's radar. It doesn't make any sense for the membership and it's not like there's a network so eager for the content that they're willing to overpay to lock this tire fire together.

What about the Oprah Network?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Seriously, page P5? Coincidence?

Julie Stagis ‏@JulieStagis 29m29 minutes ago
Eeee!Congrats to my amazing colleagues on this ad, P5 of today's @nytimes!#NEWYORKFREAKINTIMES.@uconn @InsideLakeside pic.twitter.com/YrIQvk5dwg

B119gyCIMAAKf-9.jpg:large

Susan Herbst noted last night at a NYC alumni event that this add was coming and also showed the new video, which was pretty slick. I noted it elsewhere; but, she was very clear that UConn's #1 priority is academics though athletics for better or worse are the face of the university. Cutting edge PhD work in STEM is not on ESPN, UConn basketball is.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
OOPS - nevermind - my bad - I can see from the pic now that the page is A5, not "P5" and the "P" in the tweet is just a reference to page number.

(I would not want to be accused of reading too much into a tweet.)
Yeah. you didn't just lose the forest for the trees, you lost the forest for a shrub. Not even that...You originally lost the forest for a dead stick on the ground below the shrub. Glad you took a step back.:eek:

pj

Reaction Score
Everything revolves around conference realignment. Even the abbreviation for "page"!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OOPS - nevermind - my bad - I can see from the pic now that the page is A5, not "P5" and the "P" in the tweet is just a reference to page number.

(I would not want to be accused of reading too much into a tweet.)
That's fine just as long as it wasn't page "A 10"

Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but why does the University continue to use UConn instead of UCONN? With all the branding, it is supposed to be all caps. I noticed the Championship banners all had UConn and I don't like it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom