Non-Key Tweets | Page 111 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
No offense, up, but you REALLY overvalue the SNY/UConn impact. Reminds me of people arguing one off-hand RGIII comment about the Rent.

How do I overvalue it?

I've seen BTN struggle in PSU territory to do what SNY did in Connecticut with total ease. How is that overvaluing it?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How do I overvalue it?

I've seen BTN struggle in PSU territory to do what SNY did in Connecticut with total ease. How is that overvaluing it?

Facts of actual fiscal value are foreign to the CR debate.

Reaction Score
Transic_nyc ‏@Transic_nyc · 3h2 hours ago
@flugempire So you don't believe the rumors that the Big 12 is thinking about expanding?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Transic_nyc
Oklahoma has evolved in becoming pro expansion or else.....Texas is the?
Watch for WVU DUDE statement on this tomorrow

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h 2 hours ago
I dont believe in the Texas to B1G rumors. The escape parachute Texas built in the LHN contract with ESPN creates a pathway for UT to. ....

....go in the Independence direction and stay INDY..... or float into INDY and progress toward ACC. LHN contract does have escape clause....

..... For both ESPN & TEXAS. But it has to be mutual....and there is no scenario Texas gets out of LHN successfully and moves to Big Ten

LHN is a nothing-burger vs SEC NETWORK. Patterson knows CONFERENCE NETWORKS hold a much greater value for branding/marketing/exposure

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
But I dont see an "out" for Texas in the LHN contract unless they move to INDEPENDENCE.... OU has become pro expansion or its time to move

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is seriously soap operas for guys.

Reaction Score
No offense, up, but you REALLY overvalue the SNY/UConn impact. Reminds me of people arguing one off-hand RGIII comment about the Rent.

Yet another non-answer. The thing went from Sports tier to Basic overnight. What trigger other than UConn? They jacked up their prices too. What trigger other than UConn? Did the Mets leave Triple A or something for the Majors?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Yet another non-answer. The thing went from Sports tier to Basic overnight. What trigger other than UConn? They jacked up their prices too. What trigger other than UConn? Did the Mets leave Triple A or something for the Majors?

You say that like the Mets have NO fans in CT. They do! Not a lot...but it helped.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How do I overvalue it?

That was also based on having a LOT more content than they ended up getting, specifically WBB. If UConn joins a P5 conference, it's not like they're suddenly going to get those games back.

Reaction Score
That was also based on having a LOT more content than they ended up getting, specifically WBB. If UConn joins a P5 conference, it's not like they're suddenly going to get those games back.

I can care less about SNY. I'm talking about how much you charge each and every cable TV household in CT for UConn sports.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda · 22m 22 minutes ago
Part 1: Huge scoop. Was told Miami regrets signing ACC GOR. Lack of $ really hurts their ability to eat Golden's contract & hire new staff.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda · 22m 22 minutes ago
Part 2: Miami was told if they came to Big 12 with UCF, they would make a lot more $ and increase for B12 teams as well - all boats rise.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda · 21m 21 minutes ago
Part 3: Miami exploring a way to get out of ACC GOR.

I don't know how they'd do that but it may not be so bad for the ACC. USF comes in to replace them. ACC gets a foothold in the growing I-4 corridor, with Florida State representing the whole state. Then, if the B12 proceeds to take Cincy and ECU that potentially makes UConn available as the ACC's #16 if ND goes all-in. There won't be anyone else that would jump over them at that point.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Miami is a dumpster fire but overall still has more credibility than Tuxedo Dodo and the WV meth addicts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I can believe that OU wants expansion and UT is opposed. Dude called it a battle of titans in the Big XII and that's about right. So perhaps there is some infighting between those two, with others lining up. I can believe that and it would line up with what everyone is saying.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I can believe that OU wants expansion and UT is opposed. Dude called it a battle of titans in the Big XII and that's about right. So perhaps there is some infighting between those two, with others lining up. I can believe that and it would line up with what everyone is saying.

The potential split between Texas and Oklahoma is the one part of the story that makes sense and has cred from what I have heard from a friend from Texas. Apparently Texas believes it's best chance of getting the football playoff is without having a XII championship game and Oklahoma believes the exact opposite. WV will of course side with Oklahoma because they are desperate for a local partner and expansion is their only hope (outside of challenging the XII GoR and begging the ACC again).

If Oklahoma can pry itself loose, I wonder if Kansas will follow? If that happens, the B1G would be drooling at the prospect of adding those two, especially if OK St and Kansas St are not tagging along. SEC could be interested, too.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This past weekend, complete with OU losing to TCU, might have been the single best thing to have happened towards getting the CR wheels moving in motion again this entire year. It is very unlikely that OU will get into the Top 4 over a 1-loss Bama and/or Oregon. And if FSU loses a game, that's another 1-loss team that would get the nod over OU.

Reaction Score
This past weekend, complete with OU losing to TCU, might have been the single best thing to have happened towards getting the CR wheels moving in motion again this entire year. It is very unlikely that OU will get into the Top 4 over a 1-loss Bama and/or Oregon. And if FSU loses a game, that's another 1-loss team that would get the nod over OU.

Chaos in college football is a good thing with respect to conference realignment. Say everyone by the end of the year has 2 or two losses. Who gets in? Who gets left out? I can picture Saban at Alabama having a meltdown if his second plan 2 loss Alabama team loses out on one of the 4 slots to a 1 loss Oregon or ND team. Oklahoma with 1 loss and not XII title would also get left out as you noted. That would 1) push the XII to expand, which will cause other dominoes to fall and 2) expand the playoff to 8 teams, which is what it should be in the first place.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The potential split between Texas and Oklahoma is the one part of the story that makes sense and has cred from what I have heard from a friend from Texas. Apparently Texas believes it's best chance of getting the football playoff is without having a XII championship game and Oklahoma believes the exact opposite. WV will of course side with Oklahoma because they are desperate for a local partner and expansion is their only hope (outside of challenging the XII GoR and begging the ACC again).

If Oklahoma can pry itself loose, I wonder if Kansas will follow? If that happens, the B1G would be drooling at the prospect of adding those two, especially if OK St and Kansas St are not tagging along. SEC could be interested, too.

I think that Texas is operating under the guise that it will continue to try to be King of its B12 castle for as long as possible. If there is a mutiny, led by OU, then they have an escape pod to the ACC lined up. The ACC would most definitely allow the LHN to remain in tact, if they wanted, with the promise of a launch of an ACCN. That might be enough for ND to consider full-time membership too. Then if UT left, OU might consider leaving for the B1G with KU or UCONN.

You nailed the issue with this hypothetical scenario though: the B1G would have less than zero interest in bringing in Okielite or Kansaslite.

Reaction Score
I think that Texas is operating under the guise that it will continue to try to be King of its B12 castle for as long as possible. If there is a mutiny, led by OU, then they have an escape pod to the ACC lined up. The ACC would most definitely allow the LHN to remain in tact, if they wanted, with the promise of a launch of an ACCN. That might be enough for ND to consider full-time membership too. Then if UT left, OU might consider leaving for the B1G with KU or UCONN.

You nailed the issue with this hypothetical scenario though: the B1G would have less than zero interest in bringing in Okielite or Kansaslite.

PAC could be interested in OK St and Kansas St if they are separated from their respective big brothers. Due to geographic reasons, not much left for the PAC to grab (Boise St, Nevada, UNLV, San Diego St, BYU [has already said no]) in their existing footprint. Such a move would provide a P4 landing spot for each and thus politically make it possible for Oklahoma and Kansas to move elsewhere. Such a move would likely push Texas somewhere (B1G or PAC would be my guess), too, because remaining in what is left of the XII would be almost as bad as being stuck in the American.

Reaction Score
I don't know how they'd do that but it may not be so bad for the ACC. USF comes in to replace them. ACC gets a foothold in the growing I-4 corridor, with Florida State representing the whole state. Then, if the B12 proceeds to take Cincy and ECU that potentially makes UConn available as the ACC's #16 if ND goes all-in. There won't be anyone else that would jump over them at that point.
We are NEVER EVER EVER going to be invited to the ACC

Reaction Score
PAC could be interested in OK St and Kansas St if they are separated from their respective big brothers. Due to geographic reasons, not much left for the PAC to grab (Boise St, Nevada, UNLV, San Diego St, BYU [has already said no]) in their existing footprint. Such a move would provide a P4 landing spot for each and thus politically make it possible for Oklahoma and Kansas to move elsewhere. Such a move would likely push Texas somewhere (B1G or PAC would be my guess), too, because remaining in what is left of the XII would be almost as bad as being stuck in the American.

The PAC would have no interest in OK St & Kansas St. They didn't want them the last time around when they were coming with UT & Oklahoma. There is no way they would invite them by themselves

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom