Non-Key Tweets | Page 113 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · Oct 8
@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 Most importantly the 10* brand of the Sooners craves Natl exposure. Boren watching B1G/BTN results in east

Redhawk Land Service ‏@RedhawkLand · Oct 8
Natl exposure not even in top of worries/wants. Legit path to NC is, but they think B12 has that. @flugempire @chad_rice @MHver3

@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 So far results have been stellar. Distrubution+Tickets+Marketing. B1G = OU NATL exposure in east time zone

@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 Big12 teir 3 does not promote the product of the Big 12 as effectively as Conf Net. Big 12 football great..

@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 .....but the exposure of Big 12 currently falling behind. LHN is getting squashed vs SECN. BTN making huge..

@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 strides in the Mid Atl. UMD & RU never has had this much regionally and local exposure BTN provides in..

@RedhawkLand @chad_rice @MHver3 ..promoting their product along with the product of competition of a conference (B1G) Boren and B1G need..

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Was this posted (from yesterday)?

@RedhawkLand: I stand by my sources at OU that said B1G pitched OU a conceptual conf. of 20 or 24 teams. 4 pods of 5/6 @flugempire @chad_rice @

@RedhawkLand: The west pod proposed would be Iowa, Neb, KU, OU, Tex, & maybe Mizz @flugempire @chad_rice @

@flugempire: @RedhawkLand @chad_rice @ I can confirm OU has been pitched scenarios and it will continue..but TX is cold to B1G. Boosters icy
That's an awfully HFD proposal. Not sayin... Just sayin... :)

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 45m45 minutes ago
So I have some new... real... interesting expansion news next week.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 47m 47 minutes ago
It concerns the future of the Big 12. Big 12 expansion & revisionist history.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa But I've been interviewing people for the book & I have some info that fills in gaps & paints a good picture of the future.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 29m 29 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa Like I've been able to confirm that the Big 12 has the support of both the SEC & ACC regarding a CCG.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 35m 35 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa That means that at least the P5 will not force the Big 12 to expand solely for a CCG.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
@PromiscuousJawa Like I've been able to confirm that the Big 12 has the support of both the SEC & ACC regarding a CCG.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 35m 35 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa That means that at least the P5 will not force the Big 12 to expand solely for a CCG.

If this is true, that might be good news for UCONN. We can be added without a partner and that conference can still have a CCG.

Reaction Score
If this is true, that might be good news for UCONN. We can be added without a partner and that conference can still have a CCG.
Why is his news always "next week?" and remind me, who says the Big 12 can't have a CCG if it wants to?

Reaction Score
This is true but wasn't the NCAA supposed to change the rule and allow conferences to decide how they pick a champion? I remember reading that they hoped come up with the new rule this Fall but I haven't heard anything.

Reaction Score
This is true but wasn't the NCAA supposed to change the rule and allow conferences to decide how they pick a champion? I remember reading that they hoped come up with the new rule this Fall but I haven't heard anything.
It hasn't been voted on yet.

Reaction Score

I was thinking it might not be good news. The ACC gives the Big12 a reason not to expand and that leaves UConn still available.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa I agree with you about expansion. The B12 is safe until 2021 at least but it has to expand the footprint.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa · 35m35 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV They'll never make it to 2021 with 10 teams. No one outside the conference cares about us. Except for OU and OKSt. UT fading

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa We don't agree on that. The GoR is in place. Fox wants the Big 12 intact.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa OU is committed to the Big 12 if Texas is & Texas appears to be committed with new leadership.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa · 32m32 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Texas' new leadership is onboard with expansion it seems. And Castiglione wants it sooner than later.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 29m29 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa Texas isn't onboard with expansion. I don't know who is telling you that. Even OU won't vote for it.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa ESPN is going to pressure Texas to move to the ACC but Texas has diminished interest after traveling to WV.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa They are not hot about the travel the ACC would require. Not the costs... the hassle.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 36m 36 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa So the Big 12 could be in a position to benefit from a bidding war between Fox & ESPN. Could be...

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 36m 36 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa That opens another can of worms. Does Fox push the B12 to expand to increase inventory? Texas has been deadset against exp.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa Fox can't use the Big 12 as tentpole with only 10 members.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV @PromiscuousJawa But Fox won't pay for expansion under the current contract they share with ESPN.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa · 35m35 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV talks are already ongoing man. Daily.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa They are not & I'm not going to argue with you. I spoke with several contracts in the past week & NOTHING is happening.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@PromiscuousJawa Yoda has joined the dark side.

If people are trying to tell you that Big 12 expansion is imminent be very leery.

Reaction Score
CR is all about TV Contracts. The B1G is on the clock, if anyone gets the dominoes falling again it will be them. Who’s contract is up next after the B1G and when?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 2h 2 hours ago
@RmcccClayton Nobody in the AAC adds value to the Big 12. They don't even maintain value.

@RmcccClayton Oliver Luck has been clear about that. Bowlsby has been clear about that.

@RmcccClayton National reporters like @McMurphyESPN and @dennisdoddcbs have all said the same. Adding AAC schools will reduce B12 revenues.

@RmcccClayton It does not. The B12 contract specifically states that the payout remains the same regardless of # of members.

@RmcccClayton I do. I've talked to people at the Big 12, WVU, Fox & ESPN.

@RmcccClayton Stay at 10... keep the $100 million & add the additional $ from the CCG & divide it by 10 instead of 12.

At the end of the day every scenario involving Big 12 expansion loses $ for the conf.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I was thinking it might not be good news. The ACC gives the Big12 a reason not to expand and that leaves UConn still available.

I am thinking that the B12 could be a precedent setting conference for CCGs going forward. They can have a CCG with 10 and so others can argue that they can have a CCG with odd number teams (would apply to B1G and ACC if they added just UCONN). But who knows? My thinking would be a direct blow to the First Rule of CR: Everything CR MUST kick UCONN in the sack.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No one is going to add a 15th football program.
Unless the CCG rule is changed and the ACC can setup 3 pods of 5 teams each. They would then have an even 16 for bball. Football benefits with schools developing rivalries among their pods and not being stuck with a FSU vs. Duke CCG. I'm sure ND would find a way to be involved on the FB side as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Unless the CCG rule is changed and the ACC can setup 3 pods of 5 teams each. They would then have an even 16 for bball. Football benefits with schools developing rivalries among their pods and not being stuck with a FSU vs. Duke CCG. I'm sure ND would find a way to be involved on the FB side as well.

The three-pod idea is a non-starter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom