Non-Key Tweets | Page 106 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The best I can tell, all these anonymous non-key tweets are coming from someone in the State Department of Revenue SErvices, who is trying to keep the 1% of the population that lives and dies with UConn sports from killing themselves, thus reducing revenue collections. Every time mass suicide is near, this guy makes something up to get us to still be alive come the next quarterly estimated tax payment.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter if the B12 is a good fit. If there were any teeth to the rumors, the real goal is to then force the B1G and the ACC into a or get off the pot moment. And having a $20-$30 mil annual backup plan ain't so bad. If Cincy and UConn are off the table due to the B12 GoR, the ACC would have to live with 15 teams for a long time.

Reaction Score
If Cincy and UConn are off the table (please God) then the ACC might explore adding Navy for football only and Georgetown for everything but football. Maybe they look at Temple.

Reaction Score
If Cincy and UConn are off the table (please God) then the ACC might explore adding Navy for football only and Georgetown for everything but football. Maybe they look at Temple.

The ACC isn't paying more for Georgetown hoops than Fox, through the Big East, is anyway. Why would Georgetown turn over its basketball future to schools that are more concerned about football?

Reaction Score
The ACC isn't paying more for Georgetown hoops than Fox, through the Big East, is anyway. Why would Georgetown turn over its basketball future to schools that are more concerned about football?

There will always be plenty of concern for basketball in the ACC, just ask FSU and Clemson.

Do you really think Georgetown would have any inhibitions playing against Syracuse, UNC, Duke, Pitt, BC, UVA and Notre Dame? They are also a good fit for soccer, lacrosse and other Olympic sports. Academically they would fit in nicely and when coupled with Navy for football would help fill the void left by Maryland.

Reaction Score
There will always be plenty of concern for basketball in the ACC, just ask FSU and Clemson.

Do you really think Georgetown would have any inhibitions playing against Syracuse, UNC, Duke, Pitt, BC, UVA and Notre Dame? They are also a good fit for soccer, lacrosse and other Olympic sports. Academically they would fit in nicely and when coupled with Navy for football would help fill the void left by Maryland.

Yes. Good explanation of why the ACC would like Georgetown if they don't have to pay it football money, and why Georgetown could do it. But you didn't evens begin to address the reasons why Georgetown would do it. You just offered to trade Carmelo for Lebron. But that only works from one side of the table.

pj

Reaction Score
A lunatic from a backwards state tweets and three posts later, we're in the Big 12 and Georgetown is in the ACC.

You're just jealous because TheFishofWV's tweeting only got us into the AAC.

Reaction Score
Yes. Good explanation of why the ACC would like Georgetown if they don't have to pay it football money, and why Georgetown could do it. But you didn't evens begin to address the reasons why Georgetown would do it. You just offered to trade Carmelo for Lebron. But that only works from one side of the table.

You should read some of their fans' comments. Many miss playing the top shelf teams of the old Big East and many said last years BE tournament was depressing. Georgetown to the ACC is certainly not a hill to die on for me, but I'll give you some drivers from Georgetown's side of the table.

- They would play against better basketball competition (See above)
- They would play against a greater number of regional rivals (Half of NBE lies West of Ohio State)
- They would likely get paid as much as they are getting paid today (Even more if network happens [not])
- They would be featured on national TV ( That viewers actually watch)
- They would be in a better academic conference
- They would not need to adjust their football program much because it already exists outside of NBE
- They would have access to a greater number of research and institutional synergies (Qualified of course)
- They would avoid potentially falling off the radar and keep their basketball program relevant
- They would see their RPI improve, on average, over time
- They would eventually be part of a conference that generates a larger NCAA tourney payout
- They would likely generate a higher non TV revenue conference payout
- They would avoid having to play a future Big East tournament in Chicago
- They would more closely align themselves with like schools such as BC, Notre Dame, Duke, and Wake Forest
- They would raise the profile of many of their Olympic sports including Lacrosse

Reaction Score
A lunatic from a backwards state tweets and three posts later, we're in the Big 12 and Georgetown is in the ACC.

Idle hands. . .that's what happens when you have a bye week.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What is the business model for Yoda and The Dude? Do they have a blog that they are trying to generate traffic for? Do they simply do this for attention? Do they sell anything else?

Reaction Score
What is the business model for Yoda and The Dude? Do they have a blog that they are trying to generate traffic for? Do they simply do this for attention? Do they sell anything else?

The Dude has a blog but he hasn't updated it in a while. There aren't any ads on it.
http://dudeofwv.blogspot.com/2014/04/big-5-autonomy-ends-expansion.html
He was on a WV sports radio show for a while. It sounds like the parting wasn't amicable.
He's going to be involved with a new WVU fan website.
http://mountaineerfanboy.prophpbb.com/
He said he was going to write a book about WVU and expansion. I don't think any of this generates money for him. Maybe the radio show paid him.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda
Hearing new regime at Texas coming to terms with B12 adding 4 teams: UCF, Cinci, UConn and..East Carolina. No kidding, East Carolina.

I'm sure Dr. Judy Genshaft would be pleased to hear. ;)

Seriously, the only way this could possibly work is if the networks spring up the cash (and they go to a no-divisions format). Even then, it's going to be hard for some schools to give up guaranteed dates with Texas or Oklahoma.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Stop it. You used to pimp the WV guys.

Reaction Score

I'm winning mega millions tonight Tomorrow I'll call up a movie star for a date and build a new arena in Hartford

Reaction Score

I've always wondered this. I mean, they must be making money off of these tweets, right? There's no way they would waste this much time speculating and get nothing out of it.

Then I remember how much time I've spent reading the Conference Realignment Board, waiting for breaking news on our P5 invite, and I want to punch myself in the head.

Reaction Score
You should read some of their fans' comments. Many miss playing the top shelf teams of the old Big East and many said last years BE tournament was depressing. Georgetown to the ACC is certainly not a hill to die on for me, but I'll give you some drivers from Georgetown's side of the table.

- They would play against a greater number of regional rivals (Half of NBE lies West of Ohio State)
- They would likely get paid as much as they are getting paid today (Even more if network happens [not])
- They would not need to adjust their football program much because it already exists outside of NBE
- They would have access to a greater number of research and institutional synergies (Qualified of course)
- They would avoid potentially falling off the radar and keep their basketball program relevant
- They would eventually be part of a conference that generates a larger NCAA tourney payout
- They would more closely align themselves with like schools such as BC, Notre Dame, Duke, and Wake Forest
- They would raise the profile of many of their Olympic sports including Lacrosse

You forgot to add that such a move would make many of the old time Fruit fans happy as they can crow again about how big and how important GTown/'Cuse games are.

Reaction Score

Georgetown and Navy actually makes a lot of sense. ND is never going all-in so bring Navy to fill the void. The ACC can be the conference of inclusion, bring us your flagships, your Catholics, your community colleges, your privates, and your military academies. Georgetown basketball to the ACC is a far better landing spot than the new Big East. Now, does Nova still have FBS aspirations because the program isn't doing too badly right now. Bad news for Temple.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ECU on equal conference footing, would not be 5th best FOOTBALL program in North Carolina. Their game day atmosphere for their game earlier this year against UNC was off the hook, almost SEC like. Your not getting that from Wake or Duke.

I don't go to away games, just can't swing it either financially or in terms of time, but who wouldn't love being in a bball conference with the likes of Kansas, Texas, Iowa State, and football with Texas, Oklahoma, and WVU?,

Don't forget that OSU often has very strong basketball as well...better that ISU and UT most years. On the football side, you've got K-State and Baylor as well....and again OSU is often solid. As a Kansas alumn, it would be amazing to see the Huskies and Hawks at Allen Field House.

Reaction Score
If you are a TV Exec at ESPN, why would you give the ACC more money to add Navy and Georgetown? Remember, it would need to be a sum which would keep everyone whole.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you are a TV Exec at ESPN, why would you give the ACC more money to add Navy and Georgetown? Remember, it would need to be a sum which would keep everyone whole.

You wouldn't and they won't. Not sure why anyone talks about Navy, they are never getting into any power conference.

Reaction Score
IMHO, no way the ACC adds a school that doesn't play football. Could they add Navy as a football only at some point? There is only one way this would happen. They could try to entice Notre Dame to join as a full member and have them play Navy every year in conference. Thus, ND could play 8 conference games which would include Navy and have 4 OOC games which would be USC and Stanford, a home game every year with a one and done, and a rotating game.

As for TV, adding Navy (and implied ND) would be a win as ESPN as they would gain rights to all ND home games and they would get the Navy/ND game every year (they don't broadcast the game right now, but will broadcast Navy home games in the AAC) and probably the Army/Navy game every other year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom