Non-Key Tweets | Page 107 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If you are a TV Exec at ESPN, why would you give the ACC more money to add Navy and Georgetown? Remember, it would need to be a sum which would keep everyone whole.
Perhaps someone might consider long-term stability more important than current year profits, something the Big 12 seemingly doesn't get. I think Navy and G'town both bring a lot in terms of history and tradition which warrants at least some consideration. Navy football brings at least as much, if not more, than cuse and pitt, and you could say the same about g'town other sports.
Oh yeah, then there is a little thing called markets...DC and Maryland.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will Jim Calhoun joining the evil empire have any affect on CR? It will be good to see him on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 19h 19 hours ago
Told by an athletics guy in Austin & an East Coast media/website guy that realignment is about to start popping again.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 4h 4 hours ago
Big battle between Big 12 schools is taking conf to 12 or 14. TV entities will keep per team $ the same regardless.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 4h 4 hours ago
Locks are Cinci & UCF......lots of conversation regarding UConn, ECU, USF, Memphis.....you can forget BYU & Boise St.

Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 3h 3 hours ago
The Big 12 is excited about idea of being the only major conference with a presence in Texas, Ohio & Florida. Networks love this as well.

My comment: Remember Rule #1 of Conference Realignment

Reaction Score
24344633.jpg

He's responsible for this long thread.

Reaction Score
"Told by an athletics guy in Austin & an East Coast media/website guy that realignment is about to start popping again"

Aren't those of us posting on the 'Yard from CT considered East Coast media/website guys?

Reaction Score
You forgot to add that such a move would make many of the old time Fruit fans happy as they can crow again about how big and how important GTown/'Cuse games are.

I mentioned them once in the previous post, which is probably one too many.

Reaction Score
Georgetown and Navy actually makes a lot of sense. ND is never going all-in so bring Navy to fill the void. The ACC can be the conference of inclusion, bring us your flagships, your Catholics, your community colleges, your privates, and your military academies. Georgetown basketball to the ACC is a far better landing spot than the new Big East. Now, does Nova still have FBS aspirations because the program isn't doing too badly right now. Bad news for Temple.

Good point about Nova, but it would take quite a few years for them to get up and running.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 42m42 minutes ago
The reason Big 12 considering ECU upsets so many people is that many schools who felt superior to ECU realize they are being passed up.

Tuxedo Yoda
‏@TuxedoYoda @Danoinotown WVU pushing hard for ECU and all of the additions East of the Mississippi

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 42m42 minutes ago
The reason Big 12 considering ECU upsets so many people is that many schools who felt superior to ECU realize they are being passed up.

Tuxedo Yoda
‏@TuxedoYoda @Danoinotown WVU pushing hard for ECU and all of the additions East of the Mississippi

Let's burn a couch in honor of the Mountainers!

Reaction Score
If something is going down, we have to make sure were on this train. All aboard the Big 12 express.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If something is going down, we have to make sure were on this train. All aboard the Big 12 express.
For purposes of this reply, I'll be the city boy, born and raised in South Detroit. The midnight train can go anywhere as long as it's headed toward the 5CSMA (though I'd prefer the Big Ten).

...That unfolded very awkwardly...:confused:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
For purposes of this reply, I'll be the city boy, born and raised in South Detroit. The midnight train can go anywhere as long as it's headed toward the 5CSMA (though I'd prefer the Big Ten).

...That unfolded very awkwardly...:confused:

I'll be the small town girl??? It has been a lonely world here. I'll take that midnight train, too...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lunatic from a backwards state tweets and three posts later, we're in the Big 12 and Georgetown is in the ACC.
Which means two weeks from now Flugar will be tweeting it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You wouldn't and they won't. Not sure why anyone talks about Navy, they are never getting into any power conference.
Wait are they joining the AAC? .... ohhh, never mind.

Reaction Score
If we are left out, perhaps burn something larger...like West Virginia.

With the amount of coal and natural gas (and moonshine) lying in the ground in West Virginia, setting the place on fire would likely cause an explosion that would sink the east seaboard. Cincy would get into the ACC at that point because they would literally be on the 'new' Atlantic coast.

Reaction Score
I need to remind you of a few things:

1) ND has a contract with NBC. If they were to join full time then the NBC deal would have to be incorporated into the ACC deal. This may be to the advantage of the ACC, as they get a second outlet to get exposure for their games

2) NBE has a contract with Fox. Fox would be loathe to give up a property like Georgetown, as they've already paid millions to sign up with them.

3) In whatever case, I'm sure that FSU, Clemson and maybe Georgia Tech/NC State/Louisville would have a say on who may join at this point. If UNC no longer run the conference like they used to that goes the same for Syracuse, who is a newbie.

With that said, I would be happy for you guys if you are admitted to the Big 12. This would mean that they know that they don't have a chance at poaching from a P5 conference and will simply take the best athletic programs available. I would say the same for the B1G and SEC, even though many will disagree with me on that.

I've made a little map:
http://www.mapyourlist.com/share/2voJo2ic4o

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I need to remind you of a few things:

1) ND has a contract with NBC. If they were to join full time then the NBC deal would have to be incorporated into the ACC deal. This may be to the advantage of the ACC, as they get a second outlet to get exposure for their games

2) NBE has a contract with Fox. Fox would be loathe to give up a property like Georgetown, as they've already paid millions to sign up with them.

3) In whatever case, I'm sure that FSU, Clemson and maybe Georgia Tech/NC State/Louisville would have a say on who may join at this point. If UNC no longer run the conference like they used to that goes the same for Syracuse, who is a newbie.

With that said, I would be happy for you guys if you are admitted to the Big 12. This would mean that they know that they don't have a chance at poaching from a P5 conference and will simply take the best athletic programs available. I would say the same for the B1G and SEC, even though many will disagree with me on that.

I've made a little map:
http://www.mapyourlist.com/share/2voJo2ic4o

Very cool map. Really shows the absurdity of CR.

#1 - Yup, the ACC would love to have ND join full no matter what the contract says. They would almost double the ND content they have now and have the potential to have ND in the championship game.

#2 - What would stop them? The contract is with The Big East, not with Georgetown. I highly doubt they have a GoR nor a high exit fee that needs to be negotiated. It's not happening, but it could

#3 - IMO, GT/NCST/Louisville/anybody not named FSU/UNC/UVA/ND has much say. Sure others can voice their opinion, but how much is The ACC really damaged if anybody else says I'm leaving if a school is admitted. Why was UL admitted? My guess is that FSU said they will leave unless UL isn't the choice.

As far as other schools leaving for greener pastures, if a school wants out bad enough, they will go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom