Non-Key Tweets | Page 105 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda
Hearing new regime at Texas coming to terms with B12 adding 4 teams: UCF, Cinci, UConn and..East Carolina. No kidding, East Carolina.
shocked-face.png

Reaction Score
Despite tweet accuracy of approximately 0.4% over the past year and a half in this thread I always get overly excited about new non-key tweets. I know it is sad, but deep down I think I enjoy the brief thoughts of Texas @ the Rent or MSU @ Gampel for conference home games. The worst part is I know I'm not alone here on the BY...

I'm not sure what stage of AAC grief I'm in, but it sure as heck isn't "acceptance" yet. :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any move to a P5 conference is a good thing, but this would be a head scratcher.

American-Athletic-Conference-Map-dmn2.ashx

whT2KZz.png

(Best map I could find quickly)
Worse travel, a lot better payout, better teams. Scary, but I don't think that we could say no to it. Boy if WVU felt like an orphan...

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
A lot of B12 leaders would gag at the thought of having passed on Louisville and now being forced to take ECU. It's hard to understand this move, were it to happen, except as a way of forestalling antitrust lawsuits from the realignment losers. But for the B12 to be motivated to take one for the P5, the networks would have to subsidize the adds.

I'm surprised they would take ECU ahead of USF or BYU. USF sucks athletically but you'd think the #5 school in Florida must be more valuable than the #5 in North Carolina. BYU has a national brand but geography and culture may be a barrier. Still, they'd bring more money than ECU, and the culture should be similar to Baylor, TCU.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Despite tweet accuracy of approximately 0.4% over the past year and a half in this thread I always get overly excited about new non-key tweets. I know it is sad, but deep down I think I enjoy the brief thoughts of Texas @ the Rent or MSU @ Gampel for conference home games. The worst part is I know I'm not alone here on the BY...

I'm not sure what stage of AAC grief I'm in, but it sure as heck isn't "acceptance" yet. :(

Hint...begins with a D.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Afroabe224 said:

I enjoy the thought of Texas packing for a trip to the Rent and stepping off the plane in 20 degree weather.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A lot of B12 leaders would gag at the thought of having passed on Louisville and now being forced to take ECU. It's hard to understand this move, were it to happen, except as a way of forestalling antitrust lawsuits from the realignment losers. But for the B12 to be motivated to take one for the P5, the networks would have to subsidize the adds.

I'm surprised they would take ECU ahead of USF or BYU. USF sucks athletically but you'd think the #5 school in Florida must be more valuable than the #5 in North Carolina. BYU has a national brand but geography and culture may be a barrier. Still, they'd bring more money than ECU, and the culture should be similar to Baylor, TCU.

Every time I look at the Big XII map, I think of what might have been had they taken UL, Pitt, Cincy and WVU together. UConn would be in the ACC now, and Rutgers might as well.

Even now, looking at the map, I am hard pressed to think that the southwest and Rocky mountain regions aren't where they should expand.

Reaction Score
Every time I look at the Big XII map, I think of what might have been had they taken UL, Pitt, Cincy and WVU together. UConn would be in the ACC now, and Rutgers might as well.

Even now, looking at the map, I am hard pressed to think that the southwest and Rocky mountain regions aren't where they should expand.

Except there's not really anything of value out there. BYU and Boise State, but Boise is so far away. What else is there? Colorado State? UNLV? New Mexico? They all have major weaknesses and none help bridge the WVU gap like an eastern wing.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda
Hearing new regime at Texas coming to terms with B12 adding 4 teams: UCF, Cinci, UConn and..East Carolina. No kidding, East Carolina.
While being a pessimist about CR..with a believe it when I see it attitude; this league hoops wise would be pretty darn good on the Men's side...and a juggernaut on the Women's side. But as usual this is nothing more than another dead end CR rumor!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it was lack of vision or Texas blocking things to preserve options (among other things), but if the Big XII had picked up UL, Pitt, Cincy and WVU, they could have had a shot at luring Miami, FSU, and Clemson. At that point adding Memphis is a reasonable fit when you look at culture, proximity and beefing up basketball. Back out TCU and you have had a decent East/West divisions (or leave in TCU, nix Memphis, and send Iowa State East).

EAST Pitt, Cincinnati, Louisville, WVU, Memphis, Clemson, FSU, Miami
WEST Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor

WVU and TCU were football-driven picks and not market driven picks. Maybe the model is changing for them, or not. I guess it's better being mentioned than not being mentioned.

Reaction Score
Any move to a P5 conference is a good thing, but this would be a head scratcher.

American-Athletic-Conference-Map-dmn2.ashx

whT2KZz.png

(Best map I could find quickly)
Worse travel, a lot better payout, better teams. Scary, but I don't think that we could say no to it. Boy if WVU felt like an orphan...
These freaking rumors...
All UCONN would have to do is open a satellite campus in Oklahoma where the athletes could set up camp for a few weeks, hit all their road games from Kansas to Texas, then return home. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

At the moment ECU is the top football team in North Carolina and UCF is a better choice in Florida. Texas never comes to the Rent, that game is played in MetLife, same for Oklahoma in September or October.

Reaction Score
The other thing to remember as far as being an outlier, in football at least we'd presumably play WVU, ECU, UCF and Cincy each year for 4 games. Then we'd have 2 west teams come east, and then only have to travel west twice as well. That would make up 8 conf games and leave us 4 non-conf which could be more local (ACC teams perhaps)? Is that realistic? I'm not 100% sure on how many conf. games a season there are though.

Reaction Score
An outside the box offering. Big XII becomes Big XXII. The Big 12 and AAC merge into a two tier system: The Classic Big 12 keeps their money while the 2nd tier gets much less. Two AAC teams rotate into the 1st tier based on RPI or something, and there's the 12 team play-off. Instantly becomes the biggest conference by far, adds markets, covers most recruiting ground, keeps cash for the good old boys.

Reaction Score
And here's your two 7 team divisions.....
West: UT, TTU, Baylor, OU, OSU, KU, KSU - to maintian long term rivalries (sorry ISU, no soup for you)
East: ISU, TCU, WVU, UC, UCF, ECU, UConn
if/when they ever choose to go to 16 they add in 2 of USF, Temple, and Memphis to the east, and kick ISU back to the west...EZ-PZ

and now back to reality....

Reaction Score

I'm surprised they would take ECU ahead of USF or BYU. USF sucks
athletically but you'd think the #5 school in Florida must be more valuable

than the #5 in North Carolina. BYU has a national brand but geography and culture may be a barrier. Still, they'd bring more money than ECU, and the culture should be similar to Baylor, TCU.

ECU on equal conference footing, would not be 5th best FOOTBALL program in North Carolina. Their game day atmosphere for their game earlier this year against UNC was off the hook, almost SEC like. Your not getting that from Wake or Duke.

I don't go to away games, just can't swing it either financially or in terms of time, but who wouldn't love being in a bball conference with the likes of Kansas, Texas, Iowa State, and football with Texas, Oklahoma, and WVU?,

Reaction Score
Craig Black ‏@Cincy_Craig · 10h9 hours ago
@theDudeofWV any expansion updates/rumors?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Cincy_Craig Plenty... coming soon. Some stuff I've been sitting on & will sit on for a bit more. Some stuff I can talk about.

Craig Black ‏@Cincy_Craig · 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV any of benefit to Cincy?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h7 hours ago
@Cincy_Craig Benefit? Cincy is in a good spot right now.

Craig Black ‏@Cincy_Craig · 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I hope you don't mean AAC = "good spot"

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h6 hours ago
@Cincy_Craig No I mean as in positioning in terms of the next round.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 9m 9 minutes ago
Next week my first new story drops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom