News From The Carwash...... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

News From The Carwash......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
^^^^^ you would almost have to go to 20 and 4 divs of 5 to make it work.I..think...

I would agree with that. I also think that you would need to add one from the East and one from the West to make it even. Who they would be? Someone not exciting.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I am guessing he meant...Kansas...not Kentucky??

That's my guess. I highly doubt ESPN would want to lose their one bball school for the winter months of their SEC network.

Reaction Score
While we are engaged in rumor and for what it is worth and who knows, this is what I have heard from a person I consider a very credible source:

1) Delany speaks about realignment with very, very few people, including all the universities in the Big 10.
2) It is thought by some people close to him, that the likely four top schools on his list, in order, are Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kansas.
3) Sadly, there was no mention of UConn.

Total hearsay and I'm only the messenger.

pj

Reaction Score
While we are engaged in rumor and for what it is worth and who knows, this is what I have heard from a person I consider a very credible source:

1) Delany speaks about realignment with very, very few people, including all the universities in the Big 10.
2) It is thought by some people close to him, that the likely four top schools on his list, in order, are Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kansas.

Well, I can't believe Georgia Tech ahead of UNC or Virginia and I can't believe Kansas ahead of UConn, unless he believes the AAU credential is crucial (but UConn is as good research-wise as Kansas, they are legacy AAU).

I also can't believe he doesn't speak to the universities in the Big 10.

Reaction Score

Well 3 of those schools are members of a conference that geographically fits us pretty good....and that would leave a void that needs to be filled...

Reaction Score
Well 3 of those schools are members of a conference that geographically fits us pretty good....and that would leave a void that needs to be filled...

Well, with Maryland, he signaled that the ACC was prime territory to raid.

Reaction Score

And you have to post this right after a "good" rumor? What took you so long?

Reaction Score
You'll know a lot about where we stand with B1G if we get passed over by the Big 12.

If we are committed elsewhere, I can't imagine it will stay a secret too much longer after that. UConn fans will be screaming bloody murder at the administration and Big 12 leaders will be pressed on why they ignored the best media market left on the board. Someone will let something slip at that point if there is something to be revealed.

Reaction Score
And you have to post this right after a "good" rumor? What took you so long?

I hesitated for weeks about posting that and now I think I regret it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reply. I probably didn't deserve it. Sorry. It's just so deflating when looking for good news.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor. RUMOR.
The rumor is an effort to bring OK, UK, UT, and UConn to the B1G. The effort has a high probability of failure due the complex nature of the negotiations, which involves shaking state school partners, ESPN picking up equity in the Big Ten Network, and about a gazillion other things.

I can dream, too. One issue though, due to scheduling issues, I suspect that that B1G, if it chooses to expand, will go to 16 or 20 schools, not 18. 18 causes a mess - uneven parings, pods, etc. Thus, if the B1G took Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and UConn (Texas being the big IF), what are the 2 additional programs the B1G takes? Missouri? One or both of the VA schools? ND (if they have Texas, why not take on both prima donnas)?

Reaction Score
IMHO Missouri isn't going anywhere...they have found the money train in the SEC. They have proven they can win there too.

Reaction Score
UK or KU? It's be mighty bold for the B1G to try to grab a team from the SEC.

Sorry, total brain fart. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas in the West, UConn in the East.

And I heard a corollary rumor: If Iowa State can't find a suitable P4 home, B1G will take them even though they'd prefer not to.

And, just to reiterate, if a carwash rumor is a 5 on a scale of one to ten, I'd rate this rumor as a .05, if that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sorry, total brain fart. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas in the West, UConn in the East.

And I heard a corollary rumor: If Iowa State can't find a suitable P4 home, B1G will take them even though they'd prefer not to.

And, just to reiterate, if a carwash rumor is a 5 on a scale of one to ten, I'd rate this rumor as a .05, if that.
No no, too late... You are now solely responsible for my crushed hopes and dreams, if it comes to that...

Reaction Score
I can dream, too. One issue though, due to scheduling issues, I suspect that that B1G, if it chooses to expand, will go to 16 or 20 schools, not 18. 18 causes a mess - uneven parings, pods, etc. Thus, if the B1G took Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and UConn (Texas being the big IF), what are the 2 additional programs the B1G takes? Missouri? One or both of the VA schools? ND (if they have Texas, why not take on both prima donnas)?

Actually, you've already given this more thought than I have. I have no idea what the B1G end game is: 16, 18, 20? Who knows? As I said, I shared it for amusement purposes primarily, although it seemed more plausible--and more impossible--the longer I chewed on it. But I heard this from a guy who knows everything and nothing, and I expect bs to pour out when he pontificates. Holds his booze pretty good though.

Reaction Score
Actually, you've already given this more thought than I have. I have no idea what the B1G end game is: 16, 18, 20? Who knows? As I said, I shared it for amusement purposes primarily, although it seemed more plausible--and more impossible--the longer I chewed on it. But I heard this from a guy who knows everything and nothing, and I expect bs to pour out when he pontificates. Holds his booze pretty good though.

I know the type after spending several late nights out drinking in the East Village (NYC) at a dive bar or two. The conspiracy theories I hear from the old timers while inhaling $3 bud drafts while we laugh about the 20 something crowd hurriedly trying to get down each other pants provides a lot of entertainment at 2 AM.

Reaction Score
It's funny that anyone heard anything anywhere. I swear, other than about 1500 message board freaks like us, nobody even talks about this shiz.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was just the "one month to go", first of the season session. The two oldest rumors--and I hope they stay rumors--are Notre Dame and Texas and potential combinations thereof to the B1G. I've been hearing them for 25 years or more.

The good news takeaway from this is that UConn is still floating around the B1G rumor mill. Whenever I see the Big 12 "usual suspect" list (BYU, Boise, Cinncinnati, UCF, USF, Houston, Memphis, UConn) I just say to myself, "UConn's spoken for and the rest is just a list of schools that ain't ever gonna be in the Big Ten."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom