News From The Carwash...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

News From The Carwash......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am relatively new here, read the original posters ACC thread a few months ago that was Ureposted above.

Can someone fill me in though on whether or not this is even slightly legit? Or just random ramblings and wishful thinking?

Well, the timeline fits. In March 2015, the Wake Forest insider said that we were going to the ACC. In April, a UConn insider posted that he had heard some positive info about UConn and the B1G (in the thread that was deleted). Now, at the beginning of August, the Wake insider says that we are going to the B1G. So it took a couple of months for the UConn>B1G info to reach the ACC Conference bigwigs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This just feels like trolling to me. I really hate getting trolled.
Possibly - look at this post where he says he's a season ticket holder --#1 on Sept 2014
But later he's NC resident from "Wax"haw NC ( a real place.)

(Note - He also frequently refers to our guys as "gritty" which could be a sign he's from nosepicker U. Since they were publicly acknowledged as academic frauds who pay players and hide drug abuse for a decade, they really don't have much root for for up there.)

From my perspective, it's an entertaining thread regardless.

Reactions: jho

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Moron, I am a season ticket holder and go to many games. I am also a graduate of UCONN. Where I live now is irrelevant.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Moron, I am a season ticket holder and go to many games. I am also a graduate of UCONN. Where I live now is irrelevant.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lighten up chief, I'm a fan. Reports from the car wash are two classic BY threads.

Reaction Score
C'mon, you have to admit this story and title is out there. If I was making up stuff, I'm not sure I would have been this creative.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now now, no need for tension. This thread beats the snot out of "News from the Abdow's Big Boy Fry Guy" thread.

CL82

Reaction Score
BigBoy4.JPG

"What's that you say? UConn to the Big 10, you say? You have insider info from a guy who orders a double decker? Well okay then..."

Dooley

Reaction Score
BigBoy4.JPG

"What's that you say? UConn to the Big 10, you say? You have insider info from a guy who orders a double decker? Well okay then..."

Where's the Conspiracy Cat?

Is this the Abdow's B1G Boy or Abdow's Big Boy? They sound too similar.

Whatever his name, he is wearing red white and blue. UConn just re-branded to red white and blue. Hmmm...

Further, what is that in his hair??? It can't be...no, it isn't. Well gosh golly, it's a block 'C' (just like in the bonfire)!

And geez, those eyes look exactly like the coloring of the new B1G logo. Wait a minute, are his eyes the new B1G logo??

What's that on his tray? Hocking hamburgers, are ya? Where do hamburgers come from? Iowa and Nebraska!

On second thought, maybe we should be giving more credence to the "Abdow's Big Boy" thread.

CL82

Reaction Score
Carolina Blue shoes. Have we found our B1G partner?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hard to say but I'd say yes. His overalls look exactly like Maryland.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Where do hamburgers come from? Iowa and Nebraska!

Um Germany (some say)? But wait!!!! How did they get to America? Can't rule out a big Danish offensive tackle, can we?

Reaction Score
Um Germany (some say)? But wait!!!! How did they get to America? Can't rule out a big Danish offensive tackle, can we?
The meat comes from B1G country and the Hamburger was invented in CT! Hmmmm

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The meat comes from B1G country and the Hamburger was invented in CT! Hmmmm
At the risk of turning this into a "Connecticut's best (worst) hamburger" thread, ground beef between two untoasted pieces of Wonder bread and no option for ketchup does not a hamburger, make in my opinion. Louis Lassen was Danish though, so he does get points for having the same ethnic background as the aforementioned big offensive tackle.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
At the risk of turning this into a "Connecticut's best (worst) hamburger" thread, ground beef between two untoasted pieces of Wonder bread and no option for ketchup does not a hamburger, make in my opinion. Louis Lassen was Danish though, so he does get points for having the same ethnic background as the aforementioned big offensive tackle.

That was one of the worse burgers I have ever had. There...I said it.

Reaction Score
I heard a rumor. RUMOR. I'm talking non-sourced, total rumor that I had at first dismissed (because I didn't want to believe it), and I've been mulling on it and I guess I'll share it. In terms of credibility, I rate it as felt-tip writing on the bathroom stall wall of a Morgantown diner the Dude is known to frequent.

The rumor is an effort to bring OK, UK, UT, and UConn to the B1G. The effort has a high probability of failure due the complex nature of the negotiations, which involves shaking state school partners, ESPN picking up equity in the Big Ten Network, and about a gazillion other things.

The idea is that the deal--which is of course tied to and the direct result of B1G tv negotiations--would strengthen the B1G West and hopefully lead to primo matchups for the B1G CCG. Also, it would slant the NCG in favor of a B1G/SEC matchup and weight the matchup away from the PAC and ACC.

UConn comes in to add balance in the East for all the reasons that have been covered. OK/UConn non-AAU not an issue.

As much as I want to see UConn in the B1G, I must say this: I don't like Texas. I think the B1G would be nuts to get involved with them. And I don't think this rumor comes to fruition.

But...there it is. Take it for what its worth. Essentially amusement and something to think about.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I heard a rumor. RUMOR. I'm talking non-sourced, total rumor that I had at first dismissed (because I didn't want to believe it), and I've been mulling on it and I guess I'll share it. In terms of credibility, I rate it as felt-tip writing on the bathroom stall wall of a Morgantown diner the Dude is known to frequent.

The rumor is an effort to bring OK, UK, UT, and UConn to the B1G. The effort has a high probability of failure due the complex nature of the negotiations, which involves shaking state school partners, ESPN picking up equity in the Big Ten Network, and about a gazillion other things.

The idea is that the deal--which is of course tied to and the direct result of B1G tv negotiations--would strengthen the B1G West and hopefully lead to primo matchups for the B1G CCG. Also, it would slant the NCG in favor of a B1G/SEC matchup and weight the matchup away from the PAC and ACC.

UConn comes in to add balance in the East for all the reasons that have been covered. OK/UConn non-AAU not an issue.

As much as I want to see UConn in the B1G, I must say this: I don't like Texas. I think the B1G would be nuts to get involved with them. And I don't think this rumor comes to fruition.

But...there it is. Take it for what its worth. Essentially amusement and something to think about.
.......Ok..I will play.....
So that makes what 18 for the B1G?
geez...how would you even go about divisions? 2 at 9 each? Play each div foe once then 1 crossover for 9 games in conf or go to 10 conf games with 2 crossover games?
2 Divisions of: East--UConn, RU, MD, PSU, OSU, Mich, MSU, IU, Purdue???
West--Ill, NW, Wisc, MN, NE, UT, OU, KU, Iowa???

Reaction Score

UK or KU? It's be mighty bold for the B1G to try to grab a team from the SEC.

From a UConn perspective, this is essentially best case scenario. Going from the dregs of the AAC to the B1G + Texas/OU/KU would be unbelievable. That conference would defecate money.

The likelihood of this actually coming to fruition is likely infinitesimal, but hope and desperation is really all I have as a UConn fan in conference realignment right now.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
^^^^^ you would almost have to go to 20 and 4 divs of 5 to make it work......I..think...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
UK or KU? It's be mighty bold for the B1G to try to grab a team from the SEC.

From a UConn perspective, this is essentially best case scenario. Going from the dregs of the AAC to the B1G + Texas/OU/KU would be unbelievable. That conference would defecate money.

The likelihood of this actually coming to fruition is likely infinitesimal, but hope and desperation is really all I have as a UConn fan in conference realignment right now.
I am guessing he meant...Kansas...not Kentucky??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom