News From The Carwash...... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

News From The Carwash......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While we are engaged in rumor and for what it is worth and who knows, this is what I have heard from a person I consider a very credible source:

1) Delany speaks about realignment with very, very few people, including all the universities in the Big 10.
2) It is thought by some people close to him, that the likely four top schools on his list, in order, are Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and Kansas.
3) Sadly, there was no mention of UConn.

Total hearsay and I'm only the messenger.
I simply cannot believe a rumor that the B1G is looking to completely abandon its identity (northern, geographically-connected, state-flagship schools) to directly confront the SEC in the South on the geographic island of Atlanta (not Georgia mind you, just Atlanta) while simultaneously jeopardizing its newly formulated Northeast strategy by leaving a UConn-Syracuse parlay for the ACC to establish its dominance in NYC.

Reaction Score
I simply cannot believe a rumor that the B1G is looking to completely abandon its identity (northern, geographically-connected, state-flagship schools) to directly confront the SEC in the South on the geographic island of Atlanta (not Georgia mind you, just Atlanta) while simultaneously jeopardizing its newly formulated Northeast strategy by leaving a UConn-Syracuse parlay for the ACC to establish its dominance in NYC.
Agree, 100%. It simply doesn't make sense. Take Kansas for example. A few years back, they were inches away from joining the MWC. Now, a few years later with a worse football team and no hoops titles, and all of a sudden they are coveted? No way. As a stand alone university, they offer very little. I get how they can become a bridge for OU but UConn is a bridge from NYC to Boston. Delaney values that. I have said it countless times, but the additions of Maryland and Rutgers was phase 1 of a multi phase plan that Delaney had drawn out years ago. If your primary objective is to lock in the Northeast, you don't stop half way. Stay tuned.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Sorry, total brain fart. Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas in the West, UConn in the East.

And I heard a corollary rumor: If Iowa State can't find a suitable P4 home, B1G will take them even though they'd prefer not to.

And, just to reiterate, if a carwash rumor is a 5 on a scale of one to ten, I'd rate this rumor as a .05, if that.

So what you are saying is......THERE'S A CHANCE !!!!

Reaction Score

The only problem with this theory (which I support, by the way) would be if Delaney believes that with Rutgers, he owns enough of NYC for his purposes, even if the ACC someday takes us.

If you believe that football drives the bus, this position could objectively make sense - not because Rutgers is a wolf, but because Syracuse and we are perceived as sheep.

Then again, the B1G already has a network and already has a lot of eyeballs. The ACC has neither and could use both.

Reaction Score
You can't lock up NYC DMA for the BTN with just college football. You will need basketball too. You need more live content all year long. This includes lacrosse too, which should show well in Fairfield county and Long Island. Kids from these areas will be recruited.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You can't lock up NYC DMA for the BTN with just college football. You will need basketball too. You need more live content all year long. This includes lacrosse too, which should show well in Fairfield county and Long Island. Kids from these areas will be recruited.

Right. While it is very early yet, I don't fee either the ACC or B1G has made any inroads in NYC to date because each conf is trying to trot out one horse. To get the juices flowing, you need two horses and you need basketball.

Reaction Score
Right. While it is very early yet, I don't fee either the ACC or B1G has made any inroads in NYC to date because each conf is trying to trot out one horse. To get the juices flowing, you need two horses and you need basketball.

Now that is one of the smartest things I've ever heard on this board.

Reaction Score
You are 100% right about basketball...but since you live down this way you understand it. Don't you love all the mid-west and southern people who 'KNOW" what makes the NYC sports market tick.....NYC is still a hoops town first and foremost....

Reaction Score
You are 100% right about basketball...but since you live down this way you understand it. Don't you love all the mid-west and southern people who 'KNOW" what makes the NYC sports market tick.....NYC is still a hoops town first and foremost....

There is one guy who was born in the northeast, went to college down south, understands basketball and currently resides in the wid-west. He knows what it takes to capture NYC.

Reaction Score

As I mentioned, my report was offered without prejudice. In my view, all the conferences should be tripping over themselves to add UConn. Under the scenario outlined,the silver lining would be subsequent to another Big 10 raid on the ACC, UConn would likely get an invite to the ACC. The status quo is not our friend.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned, my report was offered without prejudice. In my view, all the conferences should be tripping over themselves to add UConn. Under the scenario outlined,the silver lining would be subsequent to another Big 10 raid on the ACC, UConn would likely get an invite to the ACC. The status quo is not our friend.
No quarrel with you. I read your post about being only the messenger which is why I addressed my point only to the rumor and not you personally. (Unless you thought my figure of speech "mind you" was directed at you, which it wasn't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom