triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

20220621_145429~2.jpg

Tried of this mess.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas definitely could use more 3-point shooters. But, a greater need was another player who could create their own shot; Texas didn't really have that last season after Rori Harmon went down other than Madison Booker. So, adding Phelia accomplishes that, IMO. She shot the 3-pointer really well 2 seasons ago, and adequately this past season; I'm thrilled with the addition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There’s a funny GIF posted on X (twitter) and I don’t know how to post it here. But it said something like: Geno Auriemma is taking so long to get someone out of the portal that the only players left will be former UConn players. I have to say, even though I love our UConn team as is, I’d love to get a talented big graduate center with one year left to help our newbie bigs transition to the game. It’s not looking very promising. You’d think they’d be clamoring to join a team that’s made it to the final for years and years and years? No brainer. Anyone else concerned?
I'm not.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Texas said we not losing in the elite 8 again. My new favorite portal signing. Starting lineup is amazing.

Rori
Phelia
Booker
Moore
Taylor Jones

With Shay Holle, Amina Muhammad and a couple really good freshman coming in. I still would like them to get 3pt shooting though vic hates that comment. But they are definitely in the conversation for best team if healthy.
Easily one of the biggest additions from the portal. Phelia should be a good fit but Texas will need to develop chemistry next year reintegrating Harmon and figuring out Booker’s role. They also lack size compared to the likes of SC but should be a Final Four favorite going into next year. I’d put them at #2 after SC. They are stacked 1-4 and Jones is a solid 5.

Reaction Score
Easily one of the biggest additions from the portal. Phelia should be a good fit but Texas will need to develop chemistry next year reintegrating Harmon and figuring out Booker’s role. They also lack size compared to the likes of SC but should be a Final Four favorite going into next year. I’d put them at #2 after SC. They are stacked 1-4 and Jones is a solid 5.
I'm not sure they lack size compared to anyone but SCar won't be the standard for that as it stands.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There’s a funny GIF posted on X (twitter) and I don’t know how to post it here. But it said something like: Geno Auriemma is taking so long to get someone out of the portal that the only players left will be former UConn players. I have to say, even though I love our UConn team as is, I’d love to get a talented big graduate center with one year left to help our newbie bigs transition to the game. It’s not looking very promising. You’d think they’d be clamoring to join a team that’s made it to the final for years and years and years? No brainer. Anyone else concerned?
Not at all

Reaction Score
It seems like Vic Schaffer is prepping Texas to battle the SCAR Gamecocks. He wants to ensure that both the SEC Regular and Tournament Titles move to AUSTIN!!
Phelia is a good pickup, but the pickup doesn't move the needle nearly enough to suggest that Texas would overtake South Carolina in the SEC. Her defense is not up to standard for an SEC guard and she doesn't shoot the three well. She can create her own shot, so that's a plus. She just needs to be able to hit it consistently (something she hasn't done--see AmeriCup last year).

Not sure how all the pieces will fit WRT Texas with Rori back and Madison and Leila wanting to operate with the ball in their hands (Madison is better than Leila, so the latter's touches would need to decrease while the former's touches should increase as she develops), but Vic is the one who gets paid to sort that out (and I'm sure he will).

Reaction Score
This reminds me of two years ago when Angel Reese told everyone she wasn’t committed to LSU and then announced it like three days later.
Something tells me this is exactly what is happening. Hailey Van Lith wants to do her own announcement with appropriate fanfare. Hate to tell her, but if she picks TCU at this point, the thrill is gone.

Reaction Score
Something tells me this is exactly what is happening. Hailey Van Lith wants to do her own announcement with appropriate fanfare. Hate to tell her, but if she picks TCU at this point, the thrill is gone.
I wasn't even aware there was a thrill to begin with. I think she'll get drafted.

Reaction Score
Or she's focused on the 3x3 USAB tryouts and planned to announce afterwards? Who really knows?

Reaction Score
Really love this one. Was really keeping an eye on her. Good size, super dynamic. 3 years left. Wish Nye stayed.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Former Syracuse, South Florida, and Oregon player Priscilla Williams has committed to Jacksonville. Was hoping she would do better at Oregon. Spent some time with her when she was at South Florida and I really liked her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom