New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 36 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'd forgotten about Scherr already. I was thinking the same thing about crowding in the backcourt. Who else is returning other than Conner? I think Harris transferred out. Don't know if Owens and/or Emma-Nnopu have another year of eligibility left or plan to use it? There's Jovanovic.
From on3:
Bre-yon White, 5-11, F, Junior (0.6 ppg)
Jade Clack, 6-1, F, Freshman (0.8 ppg) → Tulsa
Victoria Flores, 5-7, G, Freshman (3.6 ppg) → Rice
Paige Bradley, 5-10, G, Junior (3.7 ppg) →Tulsa
Sydney Harris, 6-1, G, Sophomore (9.4 ppg) → Iowa State

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'd forgotten about Scherr already. I was thinking the same thing about crowding in the backcourt. Who else is returning other than Conner? I think Harris transferred out. Don't know if Owens and/or Emma-Nnopu have another year of eligibility left or plan to use it? There's Jovanovic.
Per The Next Tracker, here's who is in the portal and/or left:

Bre’yon White, 5’11, F, Jr. (0.6 ppg)

- Jade Clack, 6’1, F, Fr. (0.8 ppg) Tulsa

- Victoria Flores, 5’7, G, Fr. (3.6 ppg)

- Paige Bradley, 5’10, G, Jr. (3.7 ppg)

- Sydney Harris, 6’1, G, Soph. (9.4 ppg) Iowa State

I think Ana Jovanovic is coming back.... and looking at Emma-Nnopu's roster page, it looks like she has a Covid year.
Now, if they want to try to find their way to the court in this very crowded bunch of guards.

In my second post on this, I'm wondering about this from Hunter's point of view ...

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Another Skim hint - @TheFarmFan

Interesting. Skim has already posted once, so unless she does multiple per commit, that suggests two.

I know one we're focused on is Tess Heal from Santa Clara, but Donovyn Hunter was our other main target and she just committed to TCU. So I'm not sure if this is just teasing us twice with the same news...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Campbell does not strike me as a coach who would "recruit over" another player, so I've got to think experience will lead, with infusions of youth for this season...and then they'll take over next year.

I think that term means different things to different people. He's bringing in a 5th year player in Van Lith who has started pretty much her entire previous 4 years at 2 different schools. How is bringing her in NOT considered "recruiting over" another returning player or signee from November? I'm sure she's expecting 35 minutes a game or so which has to come at someone else's expense.

Reaction Score

Anyone have thoughts on Texas Tech. They bring in two players, guards with two years already of eligibility. I believe their two leading scores were underclass guards. They started the season super hot if I remember correctly. I also remember them beating Texas a couple years ago I believe. Is it a program that can make noise next year. They also earlier in the summer were rumored to be in the running for Paina Davis but haven't heard anything recently

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Anyone have thoughts on Texas Tech. They bring in two players, guards with two years already of eligibility. I believe their two leading scores were underclass guards. They started the season super hot if I remember correctly. I also remember them beating Texas a couple years ago I believe. Is it a program that can make noise next year. They also earlier in the summer were rumored to be in the running for Paina Davis but haven't heard anything recently

I mean, their non-conference SOS was #206

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think that term means different things to different people. He's bringing in a 5th year player in Van Lith who has started pretty much her entire previous 4 years at 2 different schools. How is bringing her in NOT considered "recruiting over" another returning player or signee from November? I'm sure she's expecting 35 minutes a game or so which has to come at someone else's expense.
You're right -- It does mean a lot of things: bringing in transfers to displace current starters or incoming frosh. Here, as I've admitted in my second post on the subject, it's kind of like "urge overkill." There are a lot of guards there and most of them are used to getting minutes.
This gets my long-term "stay tuned."

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
You're right -- It does mean a lot of things: bringing in transfers to displace current starters or incoming frosh. Here, as I've admitted in my second post on the subject, it's kind of like "urge overkill." There are a lot of guards there and most of them are used to getting minutes.
This gets my long-term "stay tuned."
TCU getting good pieces, they just don't all fit together. A 4 guard offense with Prince at post can make use of a lot of guards though. Will be interesting for Van Lith, it almost looks like LSU had a clearer path for minutes.

I was probably the only one who thought her LSU effort has some logic. It did make sense for her to learn point, and one would have thought Mulkey to be the right instructor.

She did trade shots, about 10 a game, for assists, not too many. The real problem was her % was poor. When she did make shots she has 20+ pt games.

Good luck to her with the Horned Frogs.

Was also surprising to see as season went on that FJ really developed into a star and Hailey Van Lith kept spinning her wheels.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Patiently waiting but geez Maryland, ur taking portal shopping to a different level.

I mean, how many players left Maryland this offseason to make it necessary to bring in so many transfers? Did they not sign any 2024 recruits in November? This cycle seems to repeat itself each offseason at Maryland and maybe a few other programs (like Oregon), yet lured transfers seem blind to it.

Reaction Score
Patiently waiting but geez Maryland, ur taking portal shopping to a different level.

Their social media team has been working overtime on these posts too. Giving Skim a run for their money when it comes to creativity! :D

Reaction Score
I mean, how many players left Maryland this offseason to make it necessary to bring in so many transfers? Did they not sign any 2024 recruits in November? This cycle seems to repeat itself each offseason at Maryland and maybe a few other programs (like Oregon), yet lured transfers seem blind to it.

Who says they’re blind to it?
Maybe they’re fully aware but willing to roll the dice at a top 20 program?

4 of their 5 transfers came from lesser programs, and the one who didn’t (DeBerry) was getting no playing time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom