New QB Target for 2015? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New QB Target for 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news and good job by staff despite a propensity for "foot in mouth" disease.

Hope talents and competition raises that of all QB's on roster

Reaction Score
Can he get enrolled and start spring practice, or is it too far along in the semester?

Reaction Score
This, exactly. The entire recruiting season I don't recall hearing about us going hard after a 2nd QB,.
That's not exactly true. They were looking for a second QB option during the whole recruiting cycle... kid from Florida - Carter Stanley, kid who committed to Buffalo from Michigan - Tyree Jackson, tried to bring in the QB from New Mexico the last weekend - Kavicka Johnson This isn't an indictment against Davis. It's a numbers issue.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can he get enrolled and start spring practice, or is it too far along in the semester?

He'll have to wait to enroll in the summer. We're in March and half of the academic semester is over. To play spring ball, the kid needs to be enrolled at the beginning of spring semester.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Definitely better suited for a read-option style of offense. What I like most about Anderson is the fact that he continues to look downfield when he scrambles. Never takes his eye off his routes.

Reaction Score
The only real talent we had, I thought, was Endres. He could have done something if he had his head on straight. We rode Lorenzen for awhile, but as usual he regressed at UCONN, so much so, that he could not throw a 4yd. pass by the end. Best game was VA and downhill from there.

Reaction Score
The only real talent we had, I thought, was Endres. He could have done something if he had his head on straight. We rode Lorenzen for awhile, but as usual he regressed at UCONN, so much so, that he could not throw a 4yd. pass by the end. Best game was VA and downhill from there.

How quick we forget. Lorenzen had hand and wrist injury which impeded throwing the last year he was at UConn. Please explain "but as usual he regressed at UCONN".

Reaction Score
How quick we forget. Lorenzen had hand and wrist injury which impeded throwing the last year he was at UConn. Please explain "but as usual he regressed at UCONN".
We have never had much luck getting QB's to become better or developing a legit passing game. Who got much better? We had a guy sitting on the bench with 4.4 speed who is in the NFL that was put in as an afterthought.

If Lorenzen was hurt why did we play him?

Reaction Score
We have never had much luck getting QB's to become better or developing a legit passing game. Who got much better? We had a guy sitting on the bench with 4.4 speed who is in the NFL that was put in as an afterthought.

If Lorenzen was hurt why did we play him?

You don't regress the way Lorenzen did without a significant injury.

About this kid, I assume we are not letting him leave town without signing an LOI? Thought someone here said he had an official visit lined up next weekend at Colorado State?

Reaction Score
You don't regress the way Lorenzen did without a significant injury.

About this kid, I assume we are not letting him leave town without signing an LOI? Thought someone here said he had an official visit lined up next weekend at Colorado State?
The basically ran Dennis Brown out of town so we had nothing. My point.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Commit: QB Garrett Anderson, Laney (JC), Oakland, Calf.

>>Boyle is a junior, Shirreffs a sophomore and Davis a true freshman. Anderson is a sophomore by class, but has a redshirt year available if he doesn’t play this year. Davis also can redshirt if need me. Add in preferred walk-on Brandon Bisack from Fairfield Prep, and the Huskies now have a functional quarterback contingent.

The depth will look as follows:
Boyle (junior)
Shirreffs (redshirt sophmore)
Anderson (junior)
Davis (freshman)
Bisack (freshman)

All but Shirreffs, who had to sit our a year as a transfer, has a redshirt year available for development or injury purposes.<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
desmondconner12:13pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConnFootball JC QB commit Garrett Anderson also got an offer from #Houston and has cancelled trip to #ColoradoState
Is he definitely our commit though or is this just like a verbal thing? Not sure how it works with JUCO kids. Is there a LOI day for JUCOs or can they sign whenever?

As for redshirting him (your next post) I'd rather see them redshirt Davis and think that it'd be quite an indicator of how good/or not good he is if he's being redshirted over a kid straight out of HS.

Reaction Score
Is he definitely our commit though or is this just like a verbal thing? Not sure how it works with JUCO kids. Is there a LOI day for JUCOs or can they sign whenever?

As for redshirting him (your next post) I'd rather see them redshirt Davis and think that it'd be quite an indicator of how good/or not good he is if he's being redshirted over a kid straight out of HS.

I would imagine since it's being reported that he cancelled his up-coming visit to CSU - he signed/signing LOI w/ UCONN. Since he missed the Midyear transfer period for JUCOs (December 17 to January 15) which would allow early enrolment I'm pretty sure he falls into the regular signing period that runs Feb 4th to April 1. He will be eligible to come on campus w/ the other 2015 recruits for summer school/camp.

I don't think there is any intent to redshirt Anderson if he can play/contribute but he has three years to play two. If Shirreffs and Boyle end up 1-2 (either order) and Anderson and Davis never see the field then in effect they redshirted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's not exactly true. They were looking for a second QB option during the whole recruiting cycle... kid from Florida - Carter Stanley, kid who committed to Buffalo from Michigan - Tyree Jackson, tried to bring in the QB from New Mexico the last weekend - Kavicka Johnson This isn't an indictment against Davis. It's a numbers issue.

Carter Stanley commuting to Kansas over us was a huge loss IMO. I think time will show he's legit.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would imagine since it's being reported that he cancelled his up-coming visit to CSU - he signed/signing LOI w/ UCONN. Since he missed the Midyear transfer period for JUCOs (December 17 to January 15) which would allow early enrolment I'm pretty sure he falls into the regular signing period that runs Feb 4th to April 1. He will be eligible to come on campus w/ the other 2015 recruits for summer school/camp.

I don't think there is any intent to redshirt Anderson if he can play/contribute but he has three years to play two. If Shirreffs and Boyle end up 1-2 (either order) and Anderson and Davis never see the field then in effect they redshirted.
Thanks! SO did he get the offer to Houston and Des was just giving us an FYI? I read it as he cancelled his trip to CSU but this Houston offer was new and he'd be checking into it instead of CSU. Gotta love trying to decipher Twitter! :)

Reaction Score
Thanks! SO did he get the offer to Houston and Des was just giving us an FYI? I read it as he cancelled his trip to CSU but this Houston offer was new and he'd be checking into it instead of CSU. Gotta love trying to decipher Twitter! :)

The offer to Houston was older - not new. He was actually planning to go to UH but I think the coaching change in Houston changed things (that and an issue w/ them accepting a class which obviously has been addressed).

Reaction Score
Commit: QB Garrett Anderson, Laney (JC), Oakland, Calf.

>>Boyle is a junior, Shirreffs a sophomore and Davis a true freshman. Anderson is a sophomore by class, but has a redshirt year available if he doesn’t play this year. Davis also can redshirt if need me. Add in preferred walk-on Brandon Bisack from Fairfield Prep, and the Huskies now have a functional quarterback contingent.

The depth will look as follows:
Boyle (junior)
Shirreffs (redshirt sophmore)
Anderson (junior)
Davis (freshman)
Bisack (freshman)

All but Shirreffs, who had to sit our a year as a transfer, has a redshirt year available for development or injury purposes.<<

So is he a Sophomore or a Junior? It sounds like he is in the same spot as Boyle, played 2 years has 2 left with a RS left. So wouldn't he be coming in as a Junior?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LaneyCollegeFB3:07pm via Twitter for iPad
Congrats to Laney QB @grsa94 on his commitment to @UConnFootball! They're getting an incredible QB! pic.twitter.com/LiUJtbNLI2
04.jpg

LaneyCollegeFB3:12pm via Twitter for iPad
With the second QB getting a full ride scholarship from the 2014 season, that makes 11 Eagles going D1 this year! #EaglesSoar

Reaction Score
From Silver "Anderson passed for 612 yards and 10 touchdowns this season with one interception. "

And that was as a backup. Did all of our QBs last year do that?

Welcome aboard Garrett. Looking forward to seeing you win games at the Rent this year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So we obviously needed another scholarship QB. So landing one gives me some ray of hope that Diaco isn't 100% clueless (somewhere in between 90-99 I won't argue).

The proverbial, that being said, the best we could do was a back up JUCO QB?

I know we don't have much history and we've been very bad lately in a bad league, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom