May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Another '23 who has been mentioned here before without any verified connection to UConn may or may not be a POI. Ciera Toomey, a player sharing similarities with Kitts, has been followed on Twitter by Morgan Valley for a while. I wasn't sure if that was a follow before or after Morgan was hired at UConn.

Toomey is now ranked 14th at ESPN. She's a 6-3 W/F from Pennsylvania.
After I believe, and following her mom as well. Ciera recently offered by Shea.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Tear Up Young And Restless GIF by CBS

Toomey, Shade and Cunningham have me doing this to my 2023 wish list.
I'll have a revision to start next Month. Did @Biff have something to do with that Toomey poster?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tear Up Young And Restless GIF by CBS

Toomey, Shade and Cunningham have me doing this to my 2023 wish list.
I'll have a revision to start next Month. Did @Biff have something to do with that Toomey poster?
At this point I'll go with Arnold, Booker, and Toomey/Cunningham for '23. Subject to revision. ;) On edit, I think Cunningham will stay out west. Just a feeling.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Guess we can add these scouting reports from the recent ESPN article now that we know/think these are POI.

F/C Ciera Toomey
Dunmore High School (Pennsylvania)
espnW rating: Four+ stars

Could Toomey be the best kept secret in her class? She has all the skills at 6-foot-4, including a serious stroke from the 3. She passes well, has a nice high release on her shot and runs the floor well. She blocks shots with an enthusiasm that gets the opponents' attention. She is not a traditional center, but has some post game as well.

She averaged 15.3 points on 68% shooting from the floor and 45% from beyond the arc, but her confidence and intangible qualities make her a leader many schools will covet. Toomey currently holds offers from Villanova, St. John's, Penn State, Ohio State, Pitt, Boston College and West Virginia, among others.

PG Alivia McGill
Hopkins High School (Minnesota)
espnW rating: Four stars

McGill came off the bench as a freshman for a loaded Hopkins team that spent the past two seasons near the top of the espnW Power Rankings. She is an aggressive guard whose energy is reminiscent of Las Vegas Aces guard Riquna Williams.

McGill, who averaged 12.8 points, 2.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.8 steals, can score it from all three levels and moves very well without the ball. Plus, she gives consistent effort on defense.

As she enters the summer, she is being recruited by schools such as Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pitt, Boston College, Michigan and DePaul.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme each named their state's Gatorade Player of the Year.

UConn targets Madison Booker and KK Bransford also won it in their states.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme each named their state's Gatorade Player of the Year.

UConn targets Madison Booker and KK Bransford also won it in their states.

Doug Bonjour piece on the subject. Interestingly, they seem to now be counting Noble and Greenough's games this year as actual games and not scrimmages.

Ducharme, a 6-foot-2 guard and the reigning Gatorade State Player of the Year, averaged 31.0 points, 15.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 4.5 steals and 3.3 blocks in 11 games as a senior for Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, Mass.

“There are countless ways that Caroline’s game makes her stand out,” Alex Gallagher, Ducharme’s high school coach, said in a release. “Her ability to shoot from anywhere on the court, read double-teams, attack the rim, dominate the glass and defend all five positions are just a few dimensions of her skill set that make clear how versatile she is.”

Reaction Score
Doug Bonjour piece on the subject. Interestingly, they seem to now be counting Noble and Greenough's games this year as actual games and not scrimmages.

Ducharme, a 6-foot-2 guard and the reigning Gatorade State Player of the Year, averaged 31.0 points, 15.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 4.5 steals and 3.3 blocks in 11 games as a senior for Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, Mass.

“There are countless ways that Caroline’s game makes her stand out,” Alex Gallagher, Ducharme’s high school coach, said in a release. “Her ability to shoot from anywhere on the court, read double-teams, attack the rim, dominate the glass and defend all five positions are just a few dimensions of her skill set that make clear how versatile she is.”

I’m really interested to see how Caroline adjusts to the college level. There was an article where Geno said “When you first look at her, you’re not quite sure she can play at the highest level. But then when you play against her, watch her on the court, you can see like, wow, that kid’s really good.” She’s not the fastest, most athletic kid, so I’m excited to see how her strengths translate to a higher level.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Revising my ’23 wish list was much harder than I thought. Here is what I’ve come up with using all the names that @Sluconn Husky has mentioned as UCONN POI.

1622215438257.png

Kitts is the Bomb! Best motor I’ve seen on both ends of the floor since a pair of former Huskies who attended the same high school (for a while) in Missouri of all places. Booker has a similar motor. With both of them in a UCONN line up UCONN opponents are going to be in for some very long nights from 2023 to 2027.

I’m fully aware that Breya Cunningham has been blowing up and has surpassed Del Rosario lately. I would love to see Cunningham at UCONN but there are five kids (Cunningham, Anderson, Griggs, Watkins and Briggs) all West Coast based and I just thing UCONN is going to have a hard time pulling any of the 5 east to Storrs. I would take ANY of the five or ALL five for UCONN.

Toomey is on the rise and I’m frankly puzzled by the lack of “major” offers so far. Toomey debut at number 14 on ESPN and IMO it is all there: Size, versatility (4/5/3/ or Stretch 4) mobility, back to the basket post moves, deep ball, shot blocking, passing, rebounding…. Toomey looks like she ready for high level NCAA competition already.

Stack, Groot, Allen, Clardy & Fulwiley I believe to be all SEC bound. Three of the five call South Carolina home. Clardy is from Arkansas and Allen from TN. Mary Ashley, I don’t know what your parents were thinking moving you from the Basketball Capital of the universe to South Carolina but you are welcome to come back home anytime.

Geno likes traditional PG and that highly favors either Shade or Arnold in this recruiting class because both Paige and Nika will be seniors. I’m not yet convinced that Fiala and Brandewie are UCONN level talents and would need to see more recent film against higher level competition.

What’s the sense of putting together a wish list without a wild card and my wild card is Olivia McGhee a 6’3” PG. @MilfordHusky she is from your neck of the woods. I have no idea if UCONN is interested in her but this Olivia can really really play- See my prior paragraphs on Booker and Kitts’ motor- McGhee’s motor is just as high if not higher.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Revising my ’23 wish list was much harder than I thought. Here is what I’ve come up with using all the names that @Sluconn Husky has mentioned as UCONN POI.

View attachment 67645
. . .

Stack, Groot, Allen, Clardy & Fulwiley I believe to be all SEC bound. three of the five call South Carolina home. Clardy is from Arkansas and Allen from TN. Mary Ashley, I don’t know what your parents were thinking moving you from the Basketball Capital of the universe to South Carolina but you are welcome to come back home anytime.

, , ,
Mary Ashley's Mom and Grandma are SCar Law grads and natives of the state. Her grandmom was perhaps the finest female legal mind the state has ever produced and was Chief Judge of the 4th Circuit. The courtroom at the law school is named for her. She has a relative on the SCar board of trustees. She had a junior good year playing in Columbia for one of Dawn's alums

With that said, I note that HoopGurlz now lists her as living in Hotchkiss, CT. So, . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom