May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll tell you, my head is spinning right now. We are viewing all these videos of girls in the class of 23,24,25, and even 26. I am getting excited about players that won't be eligible to sign a LOI until 3,4 or 5 years from now. I know its exciting to see these young stars, but my attention is on 22,23, and yes possibly 24. Those prospects are the responsibility of Morgan, Jemelle, and CD. Genos take has apparently changed in the last few years, with the class of 19 being the last straw. Losses in the F4 five years in a row may have wakened him to the fact that with the stress and high energy displayed in these games, 6 or 7 players are not enough to sustain his style of play at the level that is needed to win. We are in danger of having SC overtake us as the dominant program, only because of the talent Dawn can recruit. Actually, she over recruits. Geno seemed always to be satisfied with about a 12 team roster, but Dawn has around 14 or 15 players available. Its true that she may lose 2 just about every year, but there is always enough on the roster to challenge for the NC. Geno seems to be turning to that strategy, loading up if he can, having more to his disposal at all times. He now has alot of talent, now the big question is how will he use it to bring us back as the dominant program that everyone fears. It appears he is changing, so this coming season could be the most exciting in the last 10 years for the program. We have all speculated, and now we all have to wait for the long summer to pass until Paige and company leads us to the top of the mountain. After the Pandemic, I couldn't wait for this summer, but now, it won't end soon enough. LOL
I think you may have Dawn Staley-the South Carolina and USA Olympic coach confused with someone if you are asserting that Dawn over recruits. The South Carolina roster size and the numbers of players in the regular rotation have been almost identical to UCONN's-for the past 3 seasons. Five consecutive losses in the FF would weaken anyone but thankfully Geno remains strong after 4 such loses.

Reaction Score
I think you may have Dawn Staley-the South Carolina and USA Olympic coach confused with someone if you are asserting that Dawn over recruits. The South Carolina roster size and the numbers of players in the regular rotation have been almost identical to UCONN's-for the past 3 seasons. Five consecutive losses in the FF would weaken anyone but thankfully Geno remains strong after 4 such loses.
Wakened! Not weakened!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I normally try not to be critical of ungrammatical statements on the BY, but I must confess that I have no idea what you’re attempting to say in the prior sentence.
Let me be even more clear(,) your "if that had happened" didn't (happen), so hypothetically speaking your softer characterization is unnecessary.
All fixed. Now, everyone back to their corners.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Thank you. I know that but, it seems that Bald Huskie does not know it.
I know, believe me, I know. Slipped my old mind about the cancelled 2020 tourney. But even though you won't like this comment, it would have been a miracle if we won it then. Sorry.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I fear if Cameron Rust commits we will hear In Rust we Trust ad nauseum....:p
And if she's a hustler we'll be saying "Rust never sleeps" (thank you Mr. Young).

Reaction Score
And if she's a hustler we'll be saying "Rust never sleeps" (thank you Mr. Young).
If we can find a couple of recruits named Diamond, we’ll have a Joan Baez album!

Reaction Score
Can you stop saying what I was going to say before I say it?
Right, if you can’t shoot, you can not play in today’s UConn game. Ask Mir and AG.

Reaction Score
Both Mir and AG can shoot. All basketball players can shoot, but all cannot shoot accurately. That's the key.;)
Well said Captain Obvious...
shake head no GIF by Captain Obvious

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Jordan Brand Classic announced its would-be rosters if the game had not been cancelled. All four UConn freshmen are there. North Carolina also with four.
Big nod to Jordan Brand Classic for including all 4 of the young ladies (Dominique Darius, Olivia Miles, Saylor Poffenbarger, &Talia Von Oelhoffen) that went to college early. The McDonald's AA team for 2021 chose not to include any of them. Darius and Miles were particular interesting because Blair Academy never had a season at all and as a side note Batouly Camara has been named the new coach for Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom