May 2021 recruiting thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

May 2021 recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Revising my ’23 wish list was much harder than I thought. Here is what I’ve come up with using all the names that @Sluconn Husky has mentioned as UCONN POI.

View attachment 67645
Kitts is the Bomb! Best motor I’ve seen on both ends of the floor since a pair of former Huskies who attended the same high school (for a while) in Missouri of all places. Booker has a similar motor. With both of them in a UCONN line up UCONN opponents are going to be in for some very long nights from 2023 to 2027.

I’m fully aware that Breya Cunningham has been blowing up and has surpassed Del Rosario lately. I would love to see Cunningham at UCONN but there are five kids (Cunningham, Anderson, Griggs, Watkins and Briggs) all West Coast based and I just thing UCONN is going to have a hard time pulling any of the 5 east to Storrs. I would take ANY of the five or ALL five for UCONN.

Toomey is on the rise and I’m frankly puzzled by the lack of “major” offers so far. Toomey debut at number 14 on ESPN and IMO it is all there: Size, versatility (4/5/3/ or Stretch 4) mobility, back to the basket post moves, deep ball, shot blocking, passing, rebounding…. Toomey looks like she ready for high level NCAA competition already.

Stack, Groot, Allen, Clardy & Fulwiley I believe to be all SEC bound. three of the five call South Carolina home. Clardy is from Arkansas and Allen from TN. Mary Ashley, I don’t know what your parents were thinking moving you from the Basketball Capital of the universe to South Carolina but you are welcome to come back home anytime.

Geno likes traditional PG and that highly favors either Shade or Arnold in this recruiting class because both Paige and Nika will be seniors. I’m not yet convinced that Fiala and Brandewie are UCONN level talents and would need to see more recent film against higher level competition.

What’s the sense of putting together a wish list without a wild card and my wild card is Olivia McGhee a 6’3” PG. @MilfordHusky she is from your neck of the woods. I have no idea if UCONN is interested in her but this Olivia can really really play- See my prior paragraphs on Booker and Kitts’ motor- McGhee’s motor is just as high if not higher.
I agree with the majority of these points. The game is changing and IMO the value of a big battleship in the middle is slipping. I’m probably not as high on those west coast kids as you are, all good players but just no must haves for me. If GA only gets the 2 kids in the ‘22 class and goes for 4 in ‘23, I think Toomey, Kitts, Booker and either Shade or Arnold for a PG would fit the UConn system very well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Revising my ’23 wish list was much harder than I thought. Here is what I’ve come up with using all the names that @Sluconn Husky has mentioned as UCONN POI.

View attachment 67645
Kitts is the Bomb! Best motor I’ve seen on both ends of the floor since a pair of former Huskies who attended the same high school (for a while) in Missouri of all places. Booker has a similar motor. With both of them in a UCONN line up UCONN opponents are going to be in for some very long nights from 2023 to 2027.

I’m fully aware that Breya Cunningham has been blowing up and has surpassed Del Rosario lately. I would love to see Cunningham at UCONN but there are five kids (Cunningham, Anderson, Griggs, Watkins and Briggs) all West Coast based and I just thing UCONN is going to have a hard time pulling any of the 5 east to Storrs. I would take ANY of the five or ALL five for UCONN.

Toomey is on the rise and I’m frankly puzzled by the lack of “major” offers so far. Toomey debut at number 14 on ESPN and IMO it is all there: Size, versatility (4/5/3/ or Stretch 4) mobility, back to the basket post moves, deep ball, shot blocking, passing, rebounding…. Toomey looks like she ready for high level NCAA competition already.

Stack, Groot, Allen, Clardy & Fulwiley I believe to be all SEC bound. three of the five call South Carolina home. Clardy is from Arkansas and Allen from TN. Mary Ashley, I don’t know what your parents were thinking moving you from the Basketball Capital of the universe to South Carolina but you are welcome to come back home anytime.

Geno likes traditional PG and that highly favors either Shade or Arnold in this recruiting class because both Paige and Nika will be seniors. I’m not yet convinced that Fiala and Brandewie are UCONN level talents and would need to see more recent film against higher level competition.

What’s the sense of putting together a wish list without a wild card and my wild card is Olivia McGhee a 6’3” PG. @MilfordHusky she is from your neck of the woods. I have no idea if UCONN is interested in her but this Olivia can really really play- See my prior paragraphs on Booker and Kitts’ motor- McGhee’s motor is just as high if not higher.

Save room for '24 which looks to be a special class on paper.

Reaction Score
Would love an update...lots to like, really like that step back and aggressiveness. Besides, if basketball doesn't work out, it appears she's got some soccer foot skills:cool:
Unfortunately I’m working In Beverly Hills today and won’t be able to make today’s game. Drats!!

Reaction Score
With the economy the way it is now, a friend of mine says that ceo's who live there are playing miniature golf and a mormon friend of his is down to one wife. Terrible indeed. They need you, mdoggie, to straighten things out there. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey following 2023 5-10 wing Courtney Ogden from Georgia. A former #1 overall at Blue Star, Ogden is currently ranked #9 by that service and #30 by ASGR, and she's on PN's watch list.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Courtney Ogden – Westminster (Atlanta, GA) - 2023

This was our first chance to work with Ogden in a while. She’s filled out physically and kept building her game in the interim. Along with Collins, Ogden is a major headliner in the next group after McPherson in Georgia. Ogden’s size and skill package give her a versatility that not many wing prospects around America can match regardless of graduating class. She too already has multiple scholarship offers.

Reaction Score
Chris Dailey following 2023 5-10 wing Courtney Ogden from Georgia. A former #1 overall at Blue Star, Ogden is currently ranked #9 by that service and #30 by ASGR, and she's on PN's watch list.

Pure shooter, smooth as silk. Advanced offensive game. How the hell am I supposed to finalize my list if you keep dropping these top talents on me?

Reaction Score
Pure shooter, smooth as silk. Advanced offensive game. How the hell am I supposed to finalize my list if you keep dropping these top talents on me?
And that is the truth about WCBB; in the larger picture, the legacy of Auriemma and Dailey may be not the 11 (+?) championships but the way that dominance forced media acknowledgement and how that coverage propelled the tremendous growth of the women’s game.
I may be way wrong but I think both are reveling in the challenge of winning more championships in a new era of great players and coaches spread out over a much larger landscape.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A few scouting reports from last October. Posted the Parker and Tomlinson write-ups after UConn interest became known but not the others.

Joyce Edwards

Edwards turned in perhaps the most stellar performance of the camp on both sides of the ball, even winning the 1 on 1 championship. The 6’2 South Carolinian has a can’t miss physique and physical presence, and while the ability to own the paint on both sides of the floor is dominant, it’s what she does out away from the basket that had evaluators talking. Perhaps the best comparison would be to a locomotive as she’s full speed ahead pushing the ball in the open court and getting to the basket. Defensively, not only is she altering and rejecting shots, but she consistently pokes the ball away from the small, quick guards flawlessly.

We could literally run out of ink writing about 2024 baller Zamareya Jones. “Z”, as she is so aptly nicknamed, is not to be slept on, ever! Following up on an impressive summer with FBC, Jones is yet another example of big things coming in small packages. The roster says 5’5, but she jumps and scraps and battles like she’s a foot taller. All of the tricky handles and high end gears match up with her competitive spirit that was on full display as she led her team to a FIBA 3X qualifier title. The three ball is splash, and she fought for plenty of steals and loose balls.

Roisin Grandberry (Illinois Lady Lightning) is a big time athlete already, and seems poised to be one of the next big things out of the Chicago area. She worked extremely well with her guards in the pick and roll game, and the ball literally sticks to those huge mitts of hers as she catches and finishes. Her mobility on the defensive end and overall focus on the floor will continue to pay dividends. She was key for her team that won the FIBA 3X qualifier.

Cameron Rust

Rust shined all week with some good ball skills and interior move set as a true power forward type.

At 6’1, 2024 Taliyah Parker is as versatile as they come on offense and defense. The strength and elevation are high level with this Oklahoma standout. Blowing by defenders to the rim and pushing coast to coast in transition are her specialties, along with a mid range game that gets better and better. Defensively, she is more than willing to guard all over the floor.

Athena Tomlinson may be a little small in the height category, but this 2024 West Coast lightning bolt looks like she could throw up plenty of reps at the NFL Combine. The lefty shot creator from the Cal Sparks organization came off as very coachable, and seemed to learn a lot about her shot selection and playing her position even better during the event.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sidwell Friends has 3 Guards, including 2 point guards, all ranked in the top 10 in their class by ESPN, so I take with a grain of salt. But that must be one talented team. Are they #1 in the country? How do 2 pg's get enough time with the ball to both be top 10? Oh yeah, and they had some kid named Azzi last year.

Reaction Score
Sidwell Friends has 3 Guards, including 2 point guards, all ranked in the top 10 in their class by ESPN, so I take with a grain of salt. But that must be one talented team. Are they #1 in the country? How do 2 pg's get enough time with the ball to both be top 10? Oh yeah, and they had some kid named Azzi last year.
Azzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89