Marisa Watched Asia Durr (2015) Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

HGN

Reaction Score
Any word on how well Asia Durr performed at the game Marissa attended?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If UConn gets Wilson (IF) for a 2014 class of 5 signees, how many schollies are still open for 2015?
We'll have
SR - 4 Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, Pulido (presumably)
JR - 1 Chong (Lawler not on scholarship)
S0 - 5 Williams, Edwards, Ekmark, Nurse, Wilson (your assumption we get her)

Which makes 10 on scholarship. Which leaves us with 5 available scholarships.

Reaction Score
That's the key point. She apparently is THAT good.

You hear the same about Gabby Williams, and right now we have 4 guards signed and only one under 5'10 and that's Sadie Edwards

I'm not sure how much in pursuit we really are for another guard but if she wants to be a Husky come on into Storrs we'd love to have you.

Wilson on the other hand would be a nice pickup

We are in with KLS

We are more in need of some height, if we don't find a Center/Post by 2015 Stewie would be our tallest player at 6'5 and she would be a senior

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You hear the same about Gabby Williams, and right now we have 4 guards signed and only one under 5'10 and that's Sadie Edwards
I think Durr's a level above that. And I've heard Williams is going to be very good, and I think Edwards is going to be very good.

I'm not sure how much in pursuit we really are for another guard but if she wants to be a Husky come on into Storrs we'd love to have you.
I hope we are "all in" for Durr. I would pass on Wilson to get Durr. Not that they are similar. But if I was given a choice, even knowing we need height, if given the choice you can only have one, Durr in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score

Wilson on the other hand would be a nice pickup

We are in with KLS

We are more in need of some height, if we don't find a Center/Post by 2015 Stewie would be our tallest player at 6'5 and she would be a senior
Isn't KLS dream school ND?

Reaction Score
Never read that anywhere. She loves Geno.
I thought I read somewhere that while the middle sister dream school was UConn, KLS is ND and she visited there not too long ago. Hopefully I misunderstood it :)

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
We'll have
SR - 4 Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, Pulido (presumably)
JR - 1 Chong (Lawler not on scholarship)
S0 - 5 Williams, Edwards, Ekmark, Nurse, Wilson (your assumption we get her)

Which makes 10 on scholarship. Which leaves us with 5 available scholarships.

Meyers, Pulido is not on full scholarship for the Fall semester on the track team. We'll have to see what happens with basketball in the Spring.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“She knows she has a chance to be the greatest player of all time,” Her father, Terry Durr, said. :eek:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Meyers, Pulido is not on full scholarship for the Fall semester on the track team. We'll have to see what happens with basketball in the Spring.
Actually if you are talking about this fall semester, her scholarship has been transferred to be debited against the basketball allotment as required by NCAA rules.

As to what happens after next Spring, ...we'll see what happens.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Actually if you are talking about this fall semester, her scholarship has been transferred to be debited against the basketball allotment as required by NCAA rules.

As to what happens after next Spring, ...we'll see what happens.

Which raises the obvious question. While it is well-known that scholarships are not normally multi-year (though in some cases they are) I always assume they always covered a full year. Can a scholarship be non-renewed for second semester? Is it relevant that the basketball season crosses semester break, meaning perhaps the rules are different for single semester sports?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Which raises the obvious question. While it is well-known that scholarships are not normally multi-year (though in some cases they are) I always assume they always covered a full year. Can a scholarship be non-renewed for second semester? Is it relevant that the basketball season crosses semester break, meaning perhaps the rules are different for single semester sports?

I don't think there is any difference for one or two semester spanning sports w/regard to the scholarship.

From Wiki, this seems pertinent text:

As of 2010, Bylaw 15.3.3.1. for Division I athletic programs differs little from the one-year rule invoked in 1973, as it reads, "If a student's athletics ability is considered in any degree in awarding financial aid, such aid shall neither be awarded for a period in excess of one academic year nor for a period less than one academic year."[4] In addition to the "One-Year Period", the Bylaws also address recommendations made to extend the one-year term, as well as the policies surrounding injury or illness. Specifically, Bylaw 15.3.3.1.3 states that "It is not permissible for an institution to assure the prospective student-athlete that it automatically will continue a grant-in-aid past the one-year period if the recipient sustains an injury that prevents him or her from competing in intercollegiate athletics, but an institutional representative may inform the prospective student-athlete of the regular institutional policy related to renewal or continuation of aid past the one-year period for recipients who become ill or injured during their participation."[4] Moreover, Bylaw 15.3.4 addresses the instances in which an award may be reduced or canceled during the period of the award. According to the NCAA, if a student-athlete becomes ineligible to compete, engages in fraudulent behavior (i.e. provides false information on their application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement), engages in misconduct that results in disciplinary action, or voluntarily ends participation in the sport.[4] However, the NCAA asserts that the student-athlete must be awarded a hearing before the reduction or cancellation occurs.[4] In addition to the circumstances in which reduction or cancellation of an award is permissible, there are circumstances in which such action cannot be taken during the term period. Specifically, financial aid cannot be withdrawn or reduced based on athletic ability, performance, or contribution to success. This is true also in the event of injury, illness, or the result of a physical or mental condition.[4]

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought I read somewhere that while the middle sister dream school was UConn, KLS is ND and she visited there not too long ago. Hopefully I misunderstood it :)

I have never read anywhere that Katie Lou's dream school is ND. It may be, but she has never said that publicly to my knowledge.

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I have never read anywhere that Katie Lou's dream school is ND. It may be, but she has never said that to my knowledge.
Neither have I.

Reaction Score
I think Durr's a level above that. And I've heard Williams is going to be very good, and I think Edwards is going to be very good.

I hope we are "all in" for Durr. I would pass on Wilson to get Durr. Not that they are similar. But if I was given a choice, even knowing we need height, if given the choice you can only have one, Durr in a heartbeat.

Why all in on Durr? What about KLS or Boykin? What in your opinion sets her apart from the other guards, I just want to get your take

Reaction Score
Nobody is talking about Kalani Brown but Geno had a home visit and she is 6'5 a real need given our current roster. The center position is a key position to fill for that class so her importance is likely higher than the others given no centers the past two classes.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why all in on Durr? What about KLS or Boykin? What in your opinion sets her apart from the other guards, I just want to get your take

Durr is a great talent but UConn needs size whether that's Wilson, KLS, Boykin or Brown.

Geno has been in to see 2016er Tori McCoy, 6-4 post out of Illinois.

Reaction Score
Durr is a great talent but UConn needs size whether that's Wilson, KLS, Boykin or Brown.
I think that you'll look back on that statement and take it back when you see all of the above play in college. Ovbiously, positional need is important, but IMHO, Durr has the capacity to be better than any of our current/signed guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom