Lynx - Mercury | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lynx - Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
A couple of comments on this thread.

1. As stated in the rules, we prefer any concerns about mod decisions, such as thread mergers, be addressed via PM.

2. There seems to be an endless appetite on the part of some users (more than a few; certainly not a majority) for discussion of the Baylor/Griner topic. "Rehash" would be pejorative, but we've had very extensive earlier threads on that topic.

3. The snarkiness that topic tends to elicit from a few people -- mainly on the "pro-Griner side" (to use a good enough term) -- needs to stop. Now. It's that sort of tone that'd find a better home on the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Maybe there is no blame to be cast, but if there is it has to be on Kim, who knew both what Britney's orientation was and what Baylor's/Waco's was (and is). That is to say, she knew what she was getting the kid into and did it anyway. To be fair, maybe she did not realize just how bad things would be for BG; but, then again, maybe she should have.
I'm pretty sure if Kim felt it was her obligation to steer athletes with sexual ambiguities away from Baylor, that she couldn't work there in conscience and that Baylor wouldn't want her there either. Given that, for Kim to have warned Brittany off would diminish her in no uncertain terms...

You may think that no coach, in conscience, should work at a school with religious issues with homosexuality...I can respect that. But don't single out Kim Mulkey...add in Muffet McGraw and how many others...

Perhaps we can agree that if you have a strong feeling that your sexuality conflicts with a church school's religious teachings, your family and you need to be the ones to steer you clear...relying on the church school coaching staff to do so is not realistic, and blaming them after the fact doesn't reflect well on your personal growth during your time there...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Haha. Think Whalen was just defending herself from being the meat in a Taurasi-Dupree sandwich. DT beat the crap out of her all night. "Proactive self defense"? In any case, it was fun to watch, but Lindsay's gonna be pretty sore this morning.

Diana now knows how Nneka felt after Diana knocker her on her butt. Good for Whalen.

Reaction Score
I don't like BG because she threw Kim Mulkey and Baylor under a bus immediately after being named the top overall draft pick. I am not a Baylor fan, but it was classless. If she didn't like the culture at Baylor she could have transferred to another school.

It's darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom