Lynx - Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:
Haters gonna hate...

Well that's a little over the top since I've expressed positive things about Brittany especially this year when she has improved so much . I'm simply saying for a 6'8" player she doesn't get that many rebounds. This is not a new thought, basketball pundits have been saying this for some time now. Yes she won Defensive Player of the Year award but it wasn't for her rebounding.

Reaction Score
Well, the biggest WNBA game of the season and you have to pay online or have NBA Tv. Hmm..they wonder why the league isn't very succesful???

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well that's a little over the top since I've expressed positive things about Brittany especially this year when she has improved so much . I'm simply saying for a 6'8" player she doesn't get that many rebounds. This is not a new thought, basketball pundits have been saying this for some time now. Yes she won Defensive Player of the Year award but it wasn't for her rebounding.

I agree that she should rebound better, but to imply that it is lack of effort because she is "bored" is taking a swipe at her. Just saying...

I hope that the time she spends with Geno improves that part of her game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
2nd quarter action, Merc leading 31 - 27

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I agree that she should rebound better, but to imply that it is lack of effort because she is "bored" is taking a swipe at her. Just saying...

I hope that the time she spends with Geno improves that part of her game.

I do, too. She should be rebounding more IMO.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Griner has expanded her game adding a 15' shot times two thus far.
Maya finally scores...

42-29 Mercury

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
at the end of the half it's an 11 point lead for the Merc
42-31

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh... not much of a contest so far

Paul kick up a few dollars for the sports package buddy. We should be celebrating that its on TV at all

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG has had that shot for several years but was never given the freedom to shoot it. She is also a good three point shooter but it may be a while before she is allowed to shoot it.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
they merged this thread with the game thread? it would make sense if it were actually about THE GAME...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DT just threw the ball "over" Whalen's head lol... fiesty

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Brondello left the starters on the bench way too long. When the lead shrank to 20 they all should have been back in.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner was definitely not bored tonight: 23 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks and great overall defense.

Taylor with a tremendous effort. Bonner and Dupree did a great job on Moore.

Reaction Score

Eight rebounds per game is respectable at any level of basketball. However, the question one should be asking if they are going to be critical of Ms Griner's rebounding is if she gives up more than her share of offensive rebounds and hurts her team as a result.

Reaction Score
Minnesota seemed too preoccupied with balance. Balance worked three years ago, balance worked last year, but what got Minnesota here this year is the Maya locomotive and the Maya caboose. Forget about balance, climb aboard the Maya train, and ride it to another championship.

Reaction Score
So much for the internet chatter that Dupree can't play defense. She and Bonner shut down Maya and Augustus for most of the game.

DT now understands what a physical presence Griner is and that noone in the league can really guard her (that is until Hamson arrives next season).

Reaction Score
Well, the biggest WNBA game of the season and you have to pay online or have NBA Tv. Hmm..they wonder why the league isn't very succesful???

You have to pay $9.99 and that bothers you? lol

Reaction Score
Minnesota seemed too preoccupied with balance. Balance worked three years ago, balance worked last year, but what got Minnesota here this year is the Maya locomotive and the Maya caboose. Forget about balance, climb aboard the Maya train, and ride it to another championship.
Looked to me like Maya got stopped by focused, energetic defense. She missed a couple open shots in the beginning, but mostly didn't get many open shots due to great defense, especially Bonner. Cheryl Reeve joked in Swish's pregame interview that she hoped the refs let them play, to take advantage of the Lynx's physicality. They pretty much did let them play, and the Lynx pretty much got their butts whipped physically.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We debated Maya vs DT most of the season. We now get to see which one brings home the bacon...which one really makes the biggest impact when it's all on the line.
I don't think it's fair to judge which player deserved MVP based on whichever team wins the series. Phx starts a center who is 6'8". Minny starts one who is 6'1". I think Phx sweeps the series and Minny will be left looking for a center. They've done a great job the past 5 years or so with a pair of players playing the 5 who are under 6'2". Just my opinion, but I think Minny's days at the top are over unless they make some roster changes.

Reaction Score
Why not? What's the problem?

I like her.
I don't like BG because she threw Kim Mulkey and Baylor under a bus immediately after being named the top overall draft pick. I am not a Baylor fan, but it was classless. If she didn't like the culture at Baylor she could have transferred to another school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom