Lynx - Mercury | The Boneyard

Lynx - Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Is the game delayed ? I'm checking the score on my phone and thought it would have tipped off by now. (10:25 eastern time)

Oops - I see it's Friday night. That's the second time in August that I did that :)

Mods feel free to delete. I don't see the delete button on the mobile app

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BG has 2 dunks so far, DT3 has been ejected... 2 tecs

Reaction Score
FYI- the Mercury will win the series.

Griner is on a roll and noone will stop her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
BG has 2 dunks so far, DT3 has been ejected... 2 tecs

What channel ?!!! I still can't find it !!!

Lolol

:-P

Jim

Reaction Score
BGTV is channel 42 on Direct TV
I don't have (In-)Direct TV. You guys mind switching over to one of the business channels and tell me what tonight's stock market close was?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't have (In-)Direct TV. You guys mind switching over to one of the business channels and tell me what tonight's stock market close was?
everything crashed

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
A good chance to start discussing the series.

If Phoenix uses BG the way they should then Phoenix will win the series. Nobody from MN is going to be able to contain her. She is focused on getting deep in the paint and finishing near the rim.

Reaction Score

If Phoenix uses BG the way they should then Phoenix will win the series. Nobody from MN is going to be able to contain her. She is focused on getting deep in the paint and finishing near the rim.
I think that's kind of up to BG - whether she's dialed in

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Whoever rises to the occasion in this series is the true MVP, whether it be Maya, DT or someone else. I hope the series is as competitive as anticipated.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

and if she's bored, she could kill time by grabbing a rebound or two....just sayin'

It will take a team effort with everyone stepping up. The Lynx are not stupid, if they figure out that the ball is going to get dumped down to the paint, they will clog the paint and force outside shots.
It is going to be a hard fought series. I hope it goes to three games.

May the best team win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
and if she's bored, she could kill time by grabbing a rebound or two....just sayin'

It will take a team effort with everyone stepping up. The Lynx are not stupid, if they figure out that the ball is going to get dumped down to the paint, they will clog the paint and force outside shots.
It is going to be a hard fought series. I hope it goes to three games.

May the best team win.

It's a good thing that Phoenix has some good outside shooters...just sayin'

I don't care if the best team wins...as long as Phoenix wins. :p

Phoenix cannot afford to have Taylor guarding Maya again. Taylor is too slow to stick with Maya and they would be better off to have Bonner, with her quickness and length, guarding Maya.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It's a good thing that Phoenix has some good outside shooters...just sayin'

I don't care if the best team wins...as long as Phoenix wins. :p

Phoenix cannot afford to have Taylor guarding Maya again. Taylor is too slow to stick with Maya and they would be better off to have Bonner, with her quickness and length, guarding Maya.

I think Bonner would be a better move for the Merc as well. Should be a good game. Last time around it was very close - despite the clear advantage of having BG on the floor, it doesn't always translate into domination. In a 3-game series the Lynx could still pull it out. 5 games and I would be less optimistic.

I see a situation where Phoenix can win comfortably or win close, or the Lynx could win close. I have not seen the Lynx exhibit long stretches of dominant defense this year as they would often show in the past. Too many lapses.

We'll see what Maya & Co. bring tonight. Whalen has seemingly awakened of late, which is absolutely necessary for the Lynx to win. She is the key cog in the wheel. They need a triple threat, not just a double threat (Maya+Seimone). More than just her scoring, they need Whelan to break down the defense and ramble through the lane with regularity, as she often does when she is playing her best. If Whelan can do that, then the Lynx have a 50/50 chance in the series. If she is quiet or contained by the Merc, I think it's going to be all Phoenix.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Is the game delayed ? I'm checking the score on my phone and thought it would have tipped off by now. (10:25 eastern time)

Oops - I see it's Friday night. That's the second time in August that I did that :)

Mods feel free to delete. I don't see the delete button on the mobile app

LOL - I did the same thing last night, cursing the cable gods because I could record the game but not see it!(??!?)...then I noticed the date...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:oops:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LOL - I did the same thing last night, cursing the cable gods because I could record the game but not see it!(??!?)...then I noticed the date...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:oops:

I'm considering a new avatar................ :)

2760-5456.gif

Reaction Score
May the best team win.

I think Bonner would be a better move for the Merc as well. Should be a good game. Last time around it was very close - despite the clear advantage of having BG on the floor, it doesn't always translate into domination. In a 3-game series the Lynx could still pull it out. 5 games and I would be less optimistic.

I see a situation where Phoenix can win comfortably or win close, or the Lynx could win close. I have not seen the Lynx exhibit long stretches of dominant defense this year as they would often show in the past. Too many lapses.

We'll see what Maya & Co. bring tonight. Whalen has seemingly awakened of late, which is absolutely necessary for the Lynx to win. She is the key cog in the wheel. They need a triple threat, not just a double threat (Maya+Seimone). More than just her scoring, they need Whelan to break down the defense and ramble through the lane with regularity, as she often does when she is playing her best. If Whelan can do that, then the Lynx have a 50/50 chance in the series. If she is quiet or contained by the Merc, I think it's going to be all Phoenix.

Brittney Griner was the Defensive Player of the Year in the WNBA. She definitely impacts the game on the defensive end. Phoenix also set the record for number of victories this season. Criticizing Ms Griner's rebounding production is hard to fathom.

VAMike, it appears you have lost faith in Minnesota. By this time next week, all will be right again. These are the playoffs and Minnesota is still the better team.

Candace Dupree might be the better matchup on Maya although it really does not matter.

I expect Diana Taurasi and Brittney Griner to play well. It will not matter. Minnesota in a sweep. The first game by single digits, the second game will be a blowout. The difference will be coaching and preparation. Rarely is a coach successful at this level the first time through.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Brittney Griner was the Defensive Player of the Year in the WNBA. She definitely impacts the game on the defensive end. Phoenix also set the record for number of victories this season. Criticizing Ms Griner's rebounding production is hard to fathom.

Haters gonna hate...

Reaction Score
What is a true MVP? There is a regular season MVP and a playoff MVP. Of course a player wants to be the playoff MVP because that player almost always plays for the championship team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What is a true MVP? There is a regular season MVP and a playoff MVP. Of course a player wants to be the playoff MVP because that player almost always plays for the championship team.

We debated Maya vs DT most of the season. We now get to see which one brings home the bacon...which one really makes the biggest impact when it's all on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom