Let the Carousel begin! | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Barnes?

Thx. Justine Raterman has been with Megan Duffy since Miami of Ohio and coached Marquette's bigs, including -- most recently -- Liz Karlen. She's Duffy's right-hand-person and if Marquette isn't happy with what they find "outside," I wouldn't be surprised if they bump her up.

Yes, the Barnes name does catch one's interest.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hopefully Duke is on your short list. If it is, it would be good to send Coach Lawson a package of her favorite foods. Beef Ribs, bbq chicken, potato salad, and pound cake. Just send the package to me, and I will make sure Coach Lawson gets it.
Too good.

Reaction Score
Ok, context is clearly missing here. As many seem confused and not sure, here is her Wiki profile for you to read

Kim Stephens is her maiden name. Caldwell is her married name. She has been a D1 assistant but more importantly had GREAT SUCCESS at D2 winning a national title. In short, she can actually coach unlike the last 2 HC in Knoxville whom seem challenged with a marker and white board.

Scott Rueck was a D3 coach who won a national title before he got the OSU gig. The key for her will be to hire a quality recruit coordinator and then let the history of Tennessee augment her coaching to bring in recruits via the portal and HS level.

Overall, I am bit surprised but it’s not as egregious as some are making it out to be. If it’s true Lawson and Moren turned the job down, then this is a pretty good contingency plan with high upside and long term potential.
Thank you for bringing the context! Coach Caldwell can coach and she understands the game. She won COY in 2022 and WBCA Rookie COY this year. I think the Lady Vols fans are going to be impressed with the results. Going into this season, Marshall had low expectations and for Coach Caldwell to get her players to buy in and for them to win their conference, in year one, speaks volumes. Like I said in another thread, this is a low risk, high reward situation for the Vols.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thx. Raterman has been with Megan Duffy since Miami of Ohio and coached Marquette's bigs, including -- most recently -- Liz Karlen.

Yes, the Barnes name does catch one's interest.
Arizona - the University - is in financial straits and conducting layoffs and targeting athletic staff as part of it. That said, she makes a million a year, and not sure Marquette is going to attract her from her alma mater. Especially given the upside her current team has (although they could portal with her, of course) But I can see why someone would go after her.

Reaction Score
Kelly Harper would be interesting. She wasn’t a Tennessee level coach but would be interested to see how she would do at a school like Marquette.

Adia Barnes I think is overrated but glad Marquette is going after big names.

Reaction Score
Barnes being in the mix is confusing to me because of the recent commits she has gotten via the portal and the roster she currently has. Would Williams, Cunningham and others be willing to follow her to the Big East?

On the other hand if she were to go to Marquette and they follow her, it could help with the level of competition in the Big East. Conference play is always brought up when talking about whether Big East teams deserve more than one or two bids.

Then again after seeing the Calipari news last night, who knows anymore?

Reaction Score
Remind me why this source is considered reputable?

I hope this is not just World ExposureReport changing their handle. That’s the one that had the breaking news about Cardoso going to UConn.

Reaction Score
I hope this is not just World ExposureReport changing their handle. That’s the one that had the breaking news about Cardoso going to UConn.

WER also had Angel Reese and Ashley Owusu to South Carolina

Reaction Score
Don't think it is, but other Twitter accounts that I trust have reposted some of their stuff.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
A feather could knock me over right now. Someone check on me in the morning!

Exaggerate Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
Rueck was literally right there, like Stanford….whats not clicking?!

Hope it’s not a Tennessee/Holly Warlick situation. He likely could’ve brought some top dogs with him as well.

Reaction Score
Coaches should not get to name their successor.
This. I’m not necessarily speaking specifically regarding Stanford as I don’t know if the assistant should have gotten it but in general. I understand a coach wanting to name a successor but whoever replaces the coach should be the best for the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom