Let Common Sense Prevail | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Let Common Sense Prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Except everyone plays with the same football. Well, they're supposed to.

Outside of the kicking game, there is no volvo football and camaro football. And none of that addresses the sudden change in fumble statistics that coincides with the teams being given control of their own footballs.

Read again from the links StoweD210 gave you. There isn't any statistical anomaly of the Pats fumbling. And yes, teams do have the capability of screening players for ball security and emphasize ball security. Just like some teams emphasize penalties.

So riddle me this. Why when Pete Carroll was head coach at USC and they decided to mess with the football pressure did they increase it or decrease it?

Reaction Score
Read again from the links StoweD210 gave you. There isn't any statistical anomaly of the Pats fumbling. And yes, teams do have the capability of screening players for ball security and emphasize ball security. Just like some teams emphasize penalties.

So riddle me this. Why when Pete Carroll was head coach at USC and they decided to mess with the football pressure did they increase it or decrease it?

Yes, there is, Pats fans just refuse to see it.

Was it legal for Pere Carroll to tamper with the ball pressure and was he trying to gain a competitive advantage by intentionally breaking the rules?

If yes, he was cheating. Just like the Pats. When given motive you guys deny it. When given video evidence of opportunity you shrug it off, when given the history of the organization's willingness to break the rules, you deflect and ask why other teams don't share your same poor reputation. It's really pathetic. The fact you spend all this time arguing whether or not others did it, and what effect it could or couldn't have ignores the bottom line: it's against the rules.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Was it legal for Pere Carroll to tamper with the ball pressure and was he trying to gain a competitive advantage by intentionally breaking the rules?

If yes, he was cheating. Just like the Pats. When given motive you guys deny it. When given video evidence of opportunity you shrug it off, when given the history of the organization's willingness to break the rules, you deflect and ask why other teams don't share your same poor reputation. It's really pathetic. The fact you spend all this time arguing whether or not others did it, and what effect it could or couldn't have ignores the bottom line: it's against the rules.

If a rule is not enforced, is it really a rule?

If a lineman blatantly holds or if a QB escapes from In The Grasp after his forward motion is stopped, but the ref doesn't blow the whistle, is he suppose to just concede the down?

Brady may absolutely have submitted under inflated balls for approval (just as Aaron Rodgers admits he hopes to get a number of over inflated balls through the process.), but it's the referee's responsibility to be 100% sure the balls are within regulation. If they cannot claim that (and I don't believe they can), the Patriots cannot be found guilty.

I will repeat for the record, I am a Redskins fan and as such I have a moral obligation to root against the Giants. That only leaves the Patriots in the Northeast, especially with media coverage covering this ridiculous "scandal."

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Marroonnnnnnn

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would say that the Patriots not fumbling is similar to why Volvo's are safer than Camaro's and why Volvo drivers get in fewer accidents than Camaro drivers.

Damn my timing is good. Newly released stats. Volvo one of the nine safest cars to drive in the world and the Camaro is one of the cars most likely to involve driver death.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/01/30/iihs-9-car-models-safest/22571299/

The nine models are the Audi A4 four-wheel-drive luxury car; Honda Odyssey minivan; Kia Sorento SUV; Lexus RX 350 four-wheel-drive luxury SUV; Mercedes-Benz GL-Class four-wheel drive luxury SUV; Subaru Legacy four-wheel-drive midsize car; Toyota Highlander hybrid four-wheel-drive SUV; Toyota Sequoia four-wheel-drive SUV; and Volvo XC90 four-wheel-drive luxury SUV.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/01/29/iihs-driver-death-cars-top-10/22536459/

Here's the list of models with the highest death rates. Numbers represent driver deaths per 1 million over the years studied, from 2009 to 2012:

1. Kia Rio four-door, 149

2. Nissan Versa, 130

3. Hyundai Accent four-door, 120

4. Chevrolet Aveo, 99

5. Hyundai Accent two-door, 86

6. Chevrolet Camaro, 80

7. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew, 79

8. Honda Civic two-door, 76

9. Nissan Versa hatchback, 71

10. Ford Focus, 70

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak