Let Common Sense Prevail | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let Common Sense Prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jordan rules... Brady will have to sit out a preseason game. Ya know, NFL umps are typically lawyers by day. I'm probably as certain as you are that Brady was in on it, but without a precedent (unlike baseball, where you can doctor the ball as long as you're not stupidly blatant about it like Michael Pineda) and no direct evidence of which individual deflated the balls, I don't think the NFL will let the handsome star sit on the one time impressionable young women with pink baseball caps are tuning in to watch their yearly football game.

I have no skin in this game.

The truth is that the ball does not deflate at a colder temperature but the cooler gases in the ball contract exerting less pressure. PV=nRT.

The Illuminati and the Masons are just trying to distract y'all.

Reaction Score
I think we are all in agreement having a football a little low on pressure didn't influence the game. Likewise in the second half after the refs added a bit more air to the ball and the Pats pulled away. So in your imaginary world, were they trying to keep it close?

This idiotic point about the Pats pulling away with properly inflated balls doesn't change the fact that they started the game with balls that were under-inflated. And if they were the ones who deflated them, it was done to help them win. Unless the cold weather excuse offered up effected all but one of the Pats' footballs, and none of the Colts' footballs, then those footballs were tampered with.

What happened in the game after that is irrelevant. It either happened or it didn't, and there's only one reason any team would intentionally break the rules. To help them win games. An 8 year old understands that.

Only in the imaginary world of Pats fans is it not cheating if it didn't impact the game.

Reaction Score
Because refs never bet? The whole thing is a farce. The refs handled the ball on every down... and noticed nothing! Every loser that is crying about this should just find a better team to follow.

Perhaps the refs are just used to the Patriots playing with under-inflated footballs. Or perhaps it's one of those situations where they understand the balls are supposed to have been checked and kept "safe", and they are more worried about the action on the field and getting the calls right than checking the psi of the balls every change of possession.

My team is undefeated against your team in Super Bowls. Pats fans sure are wasting a lot of time and energy defending a team that "did nothing wrong".

Reaction Score
Perhaps the refs are just used to the Patriots playing with under-inflated footballs. Or perhaps it's one of those situations where they understand the balls are supposed to have been checked and kept "safe", and they are more worried about the action on the field and getting the calls right than checking the psi of the balls every change of possession.

My team is undefeated against your team in Super Bowls. Pats fans sure are wasting a lot of time and energy defending a team that "did nothing wrong".
I'm a Pats fan, and I hope Belichick gets what's coming to him. Bums me out to see this happen, because they are a dominant football franchise and this just tarnishes an amazing franchise. Any true Pats fans is bummed out.

Reaction Score
Common sense means it's all about the science. If the balls are inflated in a hot room and are then taken outdoors to 50 degrees they will "deflate". No needles, no tampering. And there is NO rule preventing you from inflating the balls in a hot room. They will read 12.5 and pass the inspection. It is an ingenious way--within the rules---of making the balls conform to your liking. It's what the Patriots do. They think outside the box. It's equivilent to the Seattle owner telling his architect to design the new stadium for the specific purpose of trapping as much fan noise as possible--so that visiting teams will find it almost impossible to hear, thus giving the Seahawks an unfair advantage. Having vocal fans and encouraging them to get louder is fine, but designing your stadium purposely and precisely to confuse and distract the opponent? And to be so proud of it that a 12th man flag is raised? Where is the NFL rule on a more uniform decibel range? You see, creative and innovative NFL owners and coaches push the envelope and win championships. The ones who don't become irate and jealous and whine to the media. What we never hear is what happens next. The losing owners gather their staffs in private and proclaim, "I'm paying you lots of money, why didn't we think of that!"

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Common sense means it's all about the science. If the balls are inflated in a hot room and are then taken outdoors to 50 degrees they will "deflate". No needles, no tampering. And there is NO rule preventing you from inflating the balls in a hot room. They will read 12.5 and pass the inspection. It is an ingenious way--within the rules---of making the balls conform to your liking. It's what the Patriots do. They think outside the box. It's equivilent to the Seattle owner telling his architect to design the new stadium for the specific purpose of trapping as much fan noise as possible--so that visiting teams will find it almost impossible to hear, thus giving the Seahawks an unfair advantage. Having vocal fans and encouraging them to get louder is fine, but designing your stadium purposely and precisely to confuse and distract the opponent? And to be so proud of it that a 12th man flag is raised? Where is the NFL rule on a more uniform decibel range? You see, creative and innovative NFL owners and coaches push the envelope and win championships. The ones who don't become irate and jealous and whine to the media. What we never hear is what happens next. The losing owners gather their staffs in private and proclaim, "I'm paying you lots of money, why didn't we think of that!"

And so right now, inFoxboro, some equipment guy is in the doghouse because the 12th ball didn't soften up properly... LOL :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And so right now, inFoxboro, some equipment guy is in the doghouse because the 12th ball didn't soften up properly... LOL :rolleyes:

The 12th ball was for the kicker. It had yo hard.

Reaction Score
This comment destroys your argument

Putting pine tar on a bat to gain advantage in a way the league has described as illegal is tampering with equipment.

Deflating balls to gain advantage in a way the league has defined as illegal is also tampering with equipment.

How does that destroy my argument that the penalties should be similar and the player should be tossed?

Reaction Score
Putting pine tar on a bat to gain advantage in a way the league has described as illegal is tampering with equipment.

Deflating balls to gain advantage in a way the league has defined as illegal is also tampering with equipment.

How does that destroy my argument that the penalties should be similar and the player should be tossed?

1. The homerun was reinstated, the game was completed at later date.
2. The Yankees lost, Royals won.
3. George Brett was not suspended. (he was thrown out of the game for arguing the ruling)
4. Dick Howser (Royals Manager) was not suspended.

American League President Lee McPhail's ruling essentially said a team cannot lie in wait for an adverse outcome and then try to use something like pine tar negate a completed play. A team can ask that the bat be measured and removed from play at anytime, but it cannot be used as the basis to negate a completed play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. The homerun was reinstated, the game was completed at later date.
2. The Yankees lost, Royals won.
3. George Brett was not suspended. (he was thrown out of the game for arguing the ruling)
4. Dick Howser (Royals Manager) was not suspended.

American League President Lee McPhail's ruling essentially said a team cannot lie in wait for an adverse outcome and then try to use something like pine tar negate a completed play. A team can ask that the bat be measured and removed from play at anytime, but it cannot be used as the basis to negate a completed play.
Then use the spit ball analogy. I postured both pine tar and spit balls, you ignored my spitball pitcher analogy.

If a pitcher gets caught throwing a spit ball, he is tampering with the ball, an even more exact analogy, that player is tampering with equipment in an illegal way and he gets tossed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My car's INFLATE YOUR DAMNED TIRES light goes on every January.
Do you see a Pat's ball boy running away from them, because apparently that's the most logical reason why they would lose air pressure in the cold.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So it seems there might be an employee, equipment assistant, moving balls to a special room and possibly deflating them on his own?

Can't wait to hear the reason he was doing this - he was a disgruntled employee???

pj

Reaction Score
So you're saying it's more likely that the NFL officials responsible for watching the balls to keep them from being tampered with are the ones who tampered with the balls. And only with the Patriots' footballs.

You may want to google "motive".

Aaron Rodgers prefers high pressure. The refs couldn't know that Brady and the Patriots preferred underpressure unless they were in cahoots with the Patriots. Also the balls were in the Patriots custody so the refs still would have had to be in cahoots with the Patriots. So if the refs are guilty, the Patriots are guilty too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Aaron Rodgers prefers high pressure. The refs couldn't know that Brady and the Patriots preferred underpressure unless they were in cahoots with the Patriots. Also the balls were in the Patriots custody so the refs still would have had to be in cahoots with the Patriots. So if the refs are guilty, the Patriots are guilty too.

That's quite the leap...and completely illogical.

Reaction Score
It pains me. But right now I need the Seahawks to lose more than I need the Pats to lose.

Reaction Score
The NFL has video of a guy walking into a bathroom to take a dump. This is all a bunch of crap.

CL82

Reaction Score
confused-face.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
I see what you did there...
A ninety second dump? Man he really hit that window just about perfect.

Reaction Score
Still going on about this? From jumpstreet the only people who didn't think the Pats did anything intentionally had an IQ below 20. The science presented by Belichick has been debunked. Belichick went from knowing nothing about the handling of the balls before the game to giving a detailed soliliquy about the process 2 days later. It's comical. They, specifically Brady, did this. How anyone could question it is beyond comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom