Kia Nurse Signs with UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Signs with UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Saniya's coach was at the PSU game?? If so, I bet he was pinching himself to see her perform like that for UCONN in person! I hope he comes to see her in CT as well (bet he does)

That was referring to the Hartford game, but he was at the PSU game; I talked to him at halftime, along with icebear.

Edit, seems like this is now old news.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kia’s older sister, Tamika, also played for the Knights, suited up for Canada at world junior championships and accepted a basketball scholarship at University of Oregon

Tamika eventually transferred to Bowling Green where she played for Indiana coach Curt Miller. I realized yesterday that Curt Miller was on the Syracuse staff when Kia's aunt Raquel Nurse (Donovan) entered Syracuse. So, Miller's relationship with the Nurse family is even longer than I had realized. It's no wonder that was a tough phone call to make.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Prospect Nation weighs in:

http://www.prospectsnation.com/node/16711

With the addition of Nurse, Connecticut adds a quality athlete with an ultra competitive drive to her game. Nurse’s game will translate well in coach Geno Auriemma’s style of play. She doesn’t need to dominate the ball in order to be effective in the halfcourt. Her quickness and basketball instincts will allow her to adapt to the offense early in her career and be a key contributor throughout her time in Storrs.

The article then talks about the focus now on posts and forwards (Wilson, Samuelson and Collier mentioned) and of course Durr and Ogunbowale. No mention of Brown or Boykin who are also targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom