Kia Nurse Signs with UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Signs with UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Does not Courtney Ekmark now rue her decision not to graduate early and show up this fall ?
1. She very well might have gotten some playing time
2. She would have been a year ahead of the new group.

Just asking.
Did I here on the board, that she is home schooling and her and her family are spending an enormous anount of time together going on all his college visits and I think they are vacationing alot and maybe even doing some "good sumaritan" stuff. I think they are using up every last bit of real family time before both the children go off to school. Her brother seams like as nice a person as she is. I think they are the real deal walk the walk hard core christian family. I love the fact she is home schooled and that she took some time off from all the AAU stuff for a bit.

arch

Reaction Score
I received a tweet today around lunchtime that it was official Kia Nurse to UConn. I didn't post it here because I was on the folf course and no cells phones allowed. .

??????????????????????????????????

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
With Morgan, a fine team...
Morgan Tuck can play center for this team and we wouldn't miss a beat---- Her versatility and smarts makes us that much better----Kudos Ozzie!!!!

Reaction Score
Keil Moore just tweeted Per Kia she has officially committed to UConn.

Shortly followed up by Kia's brother (claims to be) that Kia has committed to UConn

To be precise, the Canadian sources all say that Nurse has committed to Yukon. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
AIght some more for y'all, and I'm done:

Jeremy-Renner.gif

Reaction Score
My wife says she's growing as we speak.
So, who's doing the measuring - you or your wife?
Also, does your wife grow if only you speak?
Does she lose an inch when you're quiet?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
http://www.s.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dolphin.gif

Reaction Score
Does not Courtney Ekmark now rue her decision not to graduate early and show up this fall ?
1. She very well might have gotten some playing time
2. She would have been a year ahead of the new group.

Just asking.

I doubt it. She was the one who decided she wasn't ready for the level of play and she knew at the time she made the decision there was only going to be 9 scholarship players this season.

All 4 commitments maybe listed as guards, but they are different types of players they could easily all be on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score
Geno is preparing for an assault on the new 10 second rule with lots of fresh legs. The opposition might not cross half court the entire season!
Geno has the prescience to see the new rules are changing the landscape of the game, requiring, fast, quick, athletic perimeters players. The ten second rule is not the game changer ( literally) but rather the touch rule, no arm bar rule, the leaning foul as well as the no entanglement of arms. It has opened the game, and drastically reduced the amount of physical contact allowed thus allowing smaller players to operate in the paint to go slashing and driving unimpeded. Yesterday, both Bria and Moriah each had six rebounds. This would have not happened last year with all the physical contact.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno has the prescience to see the new rules are changing the landscape of the game, requiring, fast, quick, athletic perimeters players. The ten second rule is not the game changer ( literally) but rather the touch rule, no arm bar rule, the leaning foul as well as the no entanglement of arms. It has opened the game, and drastically reduced the amount of physical contact allowed thus allowing smaller players to operate in the paint to go slashing and driving unimpeded. Yesterday, both Bria and Moriah each had six rebounds. This would have not happened last year with all the physical contact.
Excellent post. I don't believe the refs are going to revert this is something that the NCAA wants, and certainly most of the coaches want.

And this is a tremendous advantage for Uconn. Their system is predicated on movement and in the past,defenders could use their hands to slow Uconn.

Reaction Score

I doubt this had anything to the new rules or a changing landscape. Geno recruited and accepted the commitments of 4 guards because he recruits people, not positions.

Reaction Score
I doubt this had anything to the new rules or a changing landscape. Geno recruited and accepted the commitments of 4 guards because he recruits people, not positions.
I agree. I don't think the importance of the inside game is going to diminish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom