Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 66 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who posts a little on the football board shared a novel idea with me the other day. He goes "I don't ever go on the CR board but I know you do and I wanna run idea for a thread by you. I had a great idea, what if we go Indy in football and rejoin the Big East?" I kinda went off on him about how this is not a unique idea at all and how it's been discussed ad naseum over here. I told him if thinks our schedule is bad now wait til we have to fill 12 games with mac cusa and sunbelt teams. He cited schedules from independent days playing teams like Miami Va Tech BC GA TECH Isu etc and he saw no reason we couldn't get those teams on the schedule now. Well number one, it is easy to play Miami and Be Tech when the game is set up by your league. He assumed we'd have no issue getting every Northeast P5 team on the schedule. Listing off teams like PSU (who we have never been able to schedule) and teams like RU BC Cuse Pitt (who have literally no incentive to play us ever). He retorted to my naysaying with P5 schools must play at least one G5 team as if we'd be that one team for 12 teams. He was surprised to here me say we would never get a PAC or SEC team to play in CT never mind after Halloween. It was eye opening and mind boggling that a season ticket holder and otherwise knowledgeable fan just didn't get it.
You're dead to me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The way we come up with crazy ideas, are you sure it's stirring that we are doing?

I think we are throwing what is in the pot against the wall. It's sliding down every time and stinking the place up something horrible.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
BS ...I also enjoy your intuitive perceptive posts but I am a real gentleman though maybe with a touch of "player" in me...like most " good people" as we used to say growing up in NJ. I think Gretchen is VERY SHARP though.

You must be new.

Given that this is the internet, I promise you that two things are true...

1) Gretchen is dude.
2) Like most guys from New Jersey, you've now accidentally hit on a dude at least once in your life.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You must be new.

1) Gretchen is dude.
2) Like most guys from New Jersey, you just accidentally hit on a dude.

I wonder how Ray Davies would re-write this for the internet age?
I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola [LP version: Coca-Cola]
See-oh-el-aye cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
El-oh-el-aye Lola la-la-la-la Lola​

Reaction Score
You must be new.

1) Gretchen is dude.
2) Like most guys from New Jersey, you've now accidentally hit on a dude at least once in your life.
lol...and of course you're probably right...like many of us boomers it wouldnt be the 1st time lol. Looks like BS has an enemy now? Dang shame some have such thin skin?

Reaction Score
You must be new.

1) Gretchen is dude.
unfortunately maybe I'm not sharp enough internetwise lol.

Reaction Score
She's a guy named Gretchen? d'Oh!

Well as long as he pretends she's a girl, you're still going to lose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know why a female can't come here without being mistreated. Dang shame she seemed like a great girl with sports knowledge!! No wonder i don't see many "any" females on these blogs. What a shame.

Reaction Score
You must be new.

1) Gretchen is dude.

What's up @NickyNewark, do you want to go out for some catfish?
Euro-Size-Sons-Of-Anarchy-T-Shirts-font-b-Women-b-font-Samcro-font-b-Hells.jpg

Reaction Score
Without having to show their faces, most 20-ish male <sports> fanatics in the blogosphere are far from becoming true gentlemen. Testosterone rises.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what people are talking about when they say the Internet is hostile towards women. Or maybe not, but it could be.

Reaction Score
Women are hostile towards women. We're in a ****ed up world. Anyhow, welcome to our **** hole, Gretchen.

Reaction Score
How did we sink to this...think about the woman in you're lives and families..she was a nice CR/sports fan with unique insights. I'm disappointed in even myself.

Reaction Score
To get any good key tweets you need a time machine to fix everything. However would things still end up the same even if you went back and made the right choices for Uconn. Kind of like what happens to Alexander in the time machine movie with his girlfriend.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is exactly what people are talking about when they say the Internet is hostile towards women. Or maybe not, but it could be.
...or hostile to dudes pretending to be a girl...

Reaction Score
You must be new.

1) Gretchen is dude.

according to this, gretched would either be a unicorn or a dude...

Reaction Score
Bronco Beat @IDS_BroncoBeat
· 6m 6 minutes ago
Thompson on "2 best teams" title game: "“It was a resounding silence. If I said we didn’t talk about it, that’s probably an overstatement.”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Or someone who actually knows more than you do recognizes a familiar troll.

Care to wager whether "her" avatar is a picture of a girl named Gretchen or actually a picture of some model plucked down off the web?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
There are no grills on the internet.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Care to wager whether "her" avatar is a picture of a girl named Gretchen or actually a picture of some model plucked down off the web?

It's not the guy who used to have that groucho marx pic? I think his name was ConnEd or something....

Reaction Score

Relax, dude. I hedged that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom