July recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
whom :)
I believe Geno could have been watching the KS Bluejays vs. Lady Strong (Sarah Strong’s team), based on this post from the KS Bluejays. Notably, you can see a South Carolina scout also watching the game in the picture.:( But on the bright side, this seems to be a good indication that UConn is still actively recruiting Sarah Strong.
IMG_5676.jpeg

Reaction Score
I believe Geno could have been watching the KS Bluejays vs. Lady Strong (Sarah Strong’s team), based on this post from the KS Bluejays. Notably, you can see a South Carolina scout also watching the game in the picture.:( But on the bright side, this seems to be a good indication that UConn is still actively recruiting Sarah Strong. View attachment 90190
And he looks very happy with what he's seeing. :eek:;)

Reaction Score
Strong is going to be a game-changer for somebody............I'm a bit skeptical that she's UConn bound but I've certainly been wrong before........hopefully this is one of those times........
Yes, I’m hoping that her mom’s (Alison Feaster) and dad’s complete understanding of pro preparation plays a large role in her decision making if the WNBA is her goal.

Reaction Score
Strong is going to be a game-changer for somebody............I'm a bit skeptical that she's UConn bound but I've certainly been wrong before........hopefully this is one of those times........
I hopped on one of Sarah Strongs Instagram Lives a couple days ago and asked her where she was going, she said she didn’t know yet. I feel like she has so many options and factors to consider and so she’s probably having a tougher time deciding than most players. I think she’s a player that I won’t have any true inclination about where she’s going until she announces her commitment… but hopefully she comes to UConn.

Reaction Score
I hopped on one of Sarah Strongs Instagram Lives a couple days ago and asked her where she was going, she said she didn’t know yet. I feel like she has so many options and factors to consider and so she’s probably having a tougher time deciding than most players. I think she’s a player that I won’t have any true inclination about where she’s going until she announces her commitment… but hopefully she comes to UConn.
That sort of indecision is a good sign for us. The usual alternatives — stay local, or go for prestige (Harvard or Stanford) or go all in for a WBB career — if they haven’t been decided yet suggests the third one. And that spells UConn or SC or one of the other powerhouses. But we have more of a draw for her, I suspect. This is just tea leaves reading, of course, but I have a feeling if it isn’t an Ivy it’s us.

Reaction Score
That sort of indecision is a good sign for us. The usual alternatives — stay local, or go for prestige (Harvard or Stanford) or go all in for a WBB career — if they haven’t been decided yet suggests the third one. And that spells UConn or SC or one of the other powerhouses. But we have more of a draw for her, I suspect. This is just tea leaves reading, of course, but I have a feeling if it isn’t an Ivy it’s us.
In my mind, the indecision is coming from a combo of these 3 dilemmas:

#1 NC State: Sarah would want to stay close to home/NC family (with her father having played at NC State, there would be more of a reason to play there). But there isn’t as high of a probability of winning a championship if she went to NC State.

#2 UConn: Sarah might want to be closer to her mom who lives less than 100 miles from Storrs. I also get the feeling that Sarah and her dad have a good understanding of UConns ability to develop and prepare players for the next level, so UConn is a no brainer in my opinion.

#3 South Carolina or LSU: I could see Sarah wanting to stay relatively close to her NC family, but not necessarily in the same state. This is where South Carolina would come in…. A reputable program with a somewhat high probability of winning a national championship like UConn. And then also LSU, while it wouldn’t be close to her family, Kim Mulkey seems to have a knack for drawing players in, especially with a shiny new championship to show off.

These are the things that keep me up at night when it comes to Sarah Strong, but ultimately, she is going to choose what is best for her… hopefully she sees that there is no where else besides UConn that will develop and prepare her better

Reaction Score

One possible reason for "undecided" may be a difference of opinion among her and her advisers.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Sarah will follow the path Shea Ralph blazed from North Carolina to UConn. Shea commited to UConn despite the fact that her mom played for North Carolina (not NC State) and North Carolina had a formidable program back then.

Reaction Score
Lara Somfai was mentioned on here recently as a new follow.

Here are her senior club stats as they just opened the playoffs in Australia's NBL1 East division:

Maybe Strong is seriously contemplating whether she wants to play outside of the United States to be able to enter the 2026 WNBA Draft? That is a little risky if they change the rules in the next CBA.

Reaction Score
did you really think she was going to tell you?

Reaction Score
did you really think she was going to tell you?
Haha no I didn’t think she’d actually tell me. But when I asked Aaliyah Chavez and Bella Hines they both told me when they planned to announce their commitment/top10 schools. So at the very least I got info from Sarah that she hasn’t decided yet, so it was worth a shot!

Reaction Score
UConn class of 2025 POI Janiyah Williams said that she intends to announce her top 10 schools sometime today. So just something to be on the lookout for today!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
When will the August recruiting thread be up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom