July recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is my first post on the Boneyard, but here is a highlight video Gandy Malou-Mamel posted onto her Twitter in December 2022 that I was able to dig up. Gives you a little bit better picture of the type of player she is!

Reaction Score
Like that UCONN is not always just going after the top ranked playerr for every recruit but possibly see something that they feel has great possibilites. I'm hopeful that is the case here. For me, it's not about the size but taking a player you believe in. And in my un-expert eye, she looks fine. Noble feet, athetic, long arms, strong body base it appears.

Reaction Score
What year is the 6'4 big that looks like ONO. Hope we still have a chance with her if strong don't to commit

Reaction Score
This is my first post on the Boneyard, but here is a highlight video Gandy Malou-Mamel posted onto her Twitter in December 2022 that I was able to dig up. Gives you a little bit better picture of the type of player she is!

Nice. Unlike some bigs who swat at the ball, generating fouls, she appears to know how to keep her hands high on blocks.

Reaction Score
Nice. Unlike some bigs who swat at the ball, generating fouls, she appears to know how to keep her hands high on blocks.
Nice to see five blocks, and altered shot and moving to the basket through contact - all in 32 seconds.....

Reaction Score
While her drives are impressive, over the years I've noticed that taller players get the ball stripped most of the time trying that move. You can't make it through the lane in college with a high dribble.

Reaction Score
UConn offers Jerzy Robinson
IMG_3293.jpeg

Reaction Score

UConn offers Kaleena Smith, class of 2027

2027? Wow!!! that's a long way off but what a handle!!! Can't even imagine how much better she can get in the coming years....,.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Offer day ahead of the final summer evaluation weekend.

Reaction Score

UConn offers Kaleena Smith, class of 2027

Not sure I've seen a better pure PG ever at 13 years old. She handled the U17 level at Nike Nationals with no problem. Last play of the video she strips Jerzy Robinson at a tournament.

Reaction Score
Not sure I've seen a better pure PG ever at 13 years old. She handled the U17 level at Nike Nationals with no problem. Last play of the video she strips Jerzy Robinson at a tournament.

if she grows a few more inches and continues to improve in the next year or two she may reach Paige Bueckers territory in terms of her precociousness.......remember PB was ready to play big-time college ball by the time she was a junior in high school.......

Reaction Score
if she grows a few more inches and continues to improve in the next year or two she may reach Paige Bueckers territory in terms of her precociousness.......remember PB was ready to play big-time college ball by the time she was a junior in high school.......
Not wild about her knuckleball shot with no rotation.

Reaction Score
Bueckers couldn't play HS varsity until the 8th grade in Minn and she was the best player on the team according to her coach. She was named to the all-tournament team in the State finals.
Smith seems to have a natural flair with the ball in her hands. It will be fun watching her play. I hope some of her games are streamed.
she was a basketball "freak of nature" at a young age and Kaleena Smith has some of those same traits.......time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom