July recruiting thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Clarksville High's Imari Berry already holds offers from defending NCAA women's basketball champion South Carolina and Final Four participant Louisville.

Now the Clarksville junior can add another major program to that list after being offered by Connecticut on Tuesday night.

Huskies coach Geno Auriemma called Berry to extend the offer, according to Berry's AAU coach, Anja Shelton.

UConn has long been coveted by Berry, who has been a fan of the program from the time she picked up a basketball as a small child.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Clarksville High's Imari Berry already holds offers from defending NCAA women's basketball champion South Carolina and Final Four participant Louisville.

Now the Clarksville junior can add another major program to that list after being offered by Connecticut on Tuesday night.

Huskies coach Geno Auriemma called Berry to extend the offer, according to Berry's AAU coach, Anja Shelton.

UConn has long been coveted by Berry, who has been a fan of the program from the time she picked up a basketball as a small child.

UConn watching her multiple times last week should've been a clue.

Also, it's fascinating that they are going after a '24 PG with Arnold in the fold, and that the first one offered appears to be Berry over Prince, Fiso, and Cambridge.

Reaction Score

Also, it's fascinating that they are going after a '24 PG with Arnold in the fold, and that the first one offered appears to be Berry over Prince, Fiso, and Cambridge.
Most of the info I’ve seen on Berry has her as an off guard. She looks to have good ball handling skills, but I’m not sure she’s a point guard. One wonders if Geno realized Olson is not coming hence the offer to Berry. I believe I read he watched Olson this past week. Anyway, it’s pretty clear he saw something in Berry that he really liked. She sure looks good in the videos posted above! I know she’s listed as 5’10” but she looks very long to me which gives me visions of a strong defensive player on top of her obvious scoring talent!

Reaction Score
I want them all! Especially if they are UConn quality and live in Tennessee! Only two things I like about Tennessee are getting their best players and Inky Johnson.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Most of the info I’ve seen on Berry has her as an off guard. She looks to have good ball handling skills, but I’m not sure she’s a point guard. One wonders if Geno realized Olson is not coming hence the offer to Berry. I believe I read he watched Olson this past week.

She's probably a combo guard who can play both 1 and 2.

I don't think she has anything to do with Olson though who is more likely a wing.

Reaction Score
Most of the info I’ve seen on Berry has her as an off guard. She looks to have good ball handling skills, but I’m not sure she’s a point guard. One wonders if Geno realized Olson is not coming hence the offer to Berry. I believe I read he watched Olson this past week. Anyway, it’s pretty clear he saw something in Berry that he really liked. She sure looks good in the videos posted above! I know she’s listed as 5’10” but she looks very long to me which gives me visions of a strong defensive player on top of her obvious scoring talent!

I thought the same thing. Then I saw a video on from "hudl" highlights of her soph year. I don't know about copyright stuff so I am not posting it. But anyhow she looks/plays a little like Evina Westbrook imo.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
HoopGurlz has Berry at #38, so maybe Geno is looking for her to back KK up at the point, giving KK the starting spot without a huge competition. KK has one year to learn from Paige, so he must be planning to just give her the position before Berry comes aboard.

Reaction Score

Probably a few reasons. One, she can play both positions as a combo guard. She's got size at 5-10, which is about the same as Prince and Fiso. If the staff rates them all about equal, and Berry is a long time fan of UConn, they probably have some confidence they'll get her ahead of Prince and Fiso. Very similar to the Brady and KK Arnold recruitment. Her videos remind me a lot of Nykesha Sales at that age, though slightly smaller. Lanky, smooth, and cool as a cucumber.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably a few reasons. One, she can play both positions as a combo guard. She's got size at 5-10, which is about the same as Prince and Fiso. If the staff rates them all about equal, and Berry is a long time fan of UConn, they probably have some confidence they'll get her ahead of Prince and Fiso. Very similar to the Brady and KK Arnold recruitment. Her videos remind me a lot of Nykesha Sales at that age, though slightly smaller. Lanky, smooth, and cool as a cucumber.
What I absolutely love about her is the the first two minutes of her HS sophomore highlights which @Sluconn Husky posted in another thread. She uses her great length to create live ball turnovers above the arc the same way Moriah Jefferson used to do. Hopefully she accepts the UCONN offer. If she does UCONN is in great shape with the guards in the post Paige era because with KK, Ashlynn, Qadence, Imari , Azzi & Caroline UCONN will be deep and be able to do everything required of guards at a very high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom