July recruiting thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would it be to much to think that her UConn offer opened the floodgates of attention and outside influencers?

Reaction Score
FYyO78jXkAAUV9Q
Almost seems like she decided to quit posting offers after she received the one she was really waiting for?

Reaction Score
Almost seems like she decided to quit posting offers after she received the one she was really waiting for?

Aaliyah Chavez made the same decision and announcement a few weeks or so back.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Learn what from Paige? How to dribble, shoot? Crossover? What? Please explain.
How to be a leader on a college NC caliber team. Do you think she has the mental skills to take over this program without a mentor right off the bat? I think you have been around long enough to know that doesn't just happen, and you can't expect her to have the same skills as Paige. Paige is generational, KK is not as far as I can see. But, we have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How to be a leader on a college NC caliber team. Do you think she has the mental skills to take over this program without a mentor right off the bat? I think you have been around long enough to know that doesn't just happen, and you can't expect her to have the same skills as Paige. Paige is generational, KK is not as far as I can see. But, we have to wait and see
I don’t know what KK is capable of. We don’t know her leadership abilities. Correct that we will have to wait and see. I make no assumptions about who needs to learn from who.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How to be a leader on a college NC caliber team. Do you think she has the mental skills to take over this program without a mentor right off the bat? I think you have been around long enough to know that doesn't just happen, and you can't expect her to have the same skills as Paige. Paige is generational, KK is not as far as I can see. But, we have to wait and see.
In KK's words {from the Athletic Article)

At UConn, Arnold will represent life after Bueckers. Assuming Bueckers doesn’t leave for the WNBA Draft, Arnold will be there for Bueckers’ senior season, learning the point guard position and not worrying about taking the reins immediately. She’ll also learn from Fudd, who is a year younger than Bueckers. The two top-ranked guards have been critical for UConn in their first seasons in Storrs. Bueckers is expected to take on more of a leadership position this season in the absence of graduated guards Christyn Williams and Evina Westbrook.

“They’ll teach me as I go, and then I can just learn from them being upperclassmen,” Arnold said.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Girls Under Armour PPG leaders with total shooting percentage.

New UConn offer Zakiyah Johnson on the list along with UConn players of interest Joyce Edwards, Laila Hull, and Kelis Fisher.

FYye9fpXoAA1GQn

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards (2024 | FBC United 17U | Camden High, S.C.)

She played most of the game in the post in the quarterfinals, scoring 20 points and grabbing nine rebounds. But the jury is still out on what exact position, if any, Edwards will play.

She already has great post moves and footwork down low; she finds ways to seamlessly weave her way past opponents for soft layup finishes and aggressively attack the offensive boards. Any defensive rebound in her area is hers. The potential to play more on the perimeter is there; her outside shot is above average, as is her free throw shooting. Defensively, Edwards is a menace and can already guard point guards through centers if needed.

Edwards hopes to take what she’s learned during AAU season and implement it during high school. The immense college decision looms, but she’s just taking it day by day.

Her most recent offers include Baylor, Central Florida, Georgetown, Oklahoma, and Ohio State; you’d be hard pressed to find a top program that hasn’t offered yet. Everyone she wanted to offer already has, and if a program didn’t yet, she’s been in talks with them.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing Tessa Johnson playing against Hopkins and Paige as a freshman. She was good even then.

Reaction Score
EYBL's most efficient scorers includes Ziebell first and Chavez 6th:

Thanks for your great recruiting info, Slu.

Allie Ziebell has garnered a lot of attention, but based on a small sample of five games from July 10-12, it looks like she may not be a consistent shooter. Her FG% ranged from 23.1% to 90.0%; standard deviation was 27.8 percentage points. Her overall FG% was an impressive 44.9%, though.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing Tessa Johnson playing against Hopkins and Paige as a freshman. She was good even then.
Tessa is very talented. Had a gnarly injury but seems to have come all the way back. Good athleticism and has the skills. When I read up on her it sounds like she was a bit mum on recruiting but that the home school Minnesota was a big possibility as well as others in the region of the country/Big10.

Reaction Score
Tessa is very talented. Had a gnarly injury but seems to have come all the way back. Good athleticism and has the skills. When I read up on her it sounds like she was a bit mum on recruiting but that the home school Minnesota was a big possibility as well as others in the region of the country/Big10.
Tessa Johnson had that certain spark as a freshman. There seemed to be some magic in the water in Minnesota — maybe it’s all the lakes. Paige, Scalia, Karlen, Mara Braun, Annika Stewart, Adalia MacKenzie, even Lexi Donarski’s hs team crossed the border from La Crosse WI to play these guys. That’s a lot of talent coming out of this area.

I have high hopes for Braun at U Minnesota next year. Mackenzie was a scoring machine in high school but hasn’t made her mark yet at Illinois. Stewart looked to become an important post player at Nebraska — was instrumental in the upset of Michigan last year — but has been slowed by an Achilles injury. Karlen has become the core talent at Marquette.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong lighting up the 3x3 trials:

That's some serious, effortless range. A lot to be said for playing against better competition with room on the floor to operate. Shows all her skills better than having a bunch of little kids jamming up the court. She's got freakishly fast decision making ability, reacts immediately to everybody's movement. Haven't seen enough of Joyce Edwards to compare but no way she's pulling the trigger on 3s like Strong can. BTW, is Edwards #41? If so, maybe I have seen enough. If there's any chance of getting Strong out of NC, Auriemma should be pitching a tent in her backyard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong lighting up the 3x3 trials:

Edwards [#41] is probably thinking "Can't I be on Sarah's team?" She's obviously unguardable in a 3x3 where there's little in the way of help on defense. I wouldn't mind seeing more clips from this event that feature Edwards on O being guarded by Strong. A different situation, maybe a 5x5, Edwards might look unguardable, too.

Am I right to think that's Britt Prince trying to guard Strong toward the end? If so, she's no match.

Reaction Score
Edwards is indeed #41 though I wouldn't blame her for not hanging with Strong who looks like a #1 overall to me, and that clip doesn't even show her passing skills.
This video really shows how much she's cruising against her HS competition. Here she's moving much quicker, making decisions faster, shooting with no hesitation, and going to the hoop harder. She understands when to elevate her game and take it right at the D to overpower them. This has turned out to be a nice skills showcase for her.

Reaction Score
Edwards [#41] is probably thinking "Can't I be on Sarah's team?" She's obviously unguardable in a 3x3 where there's little in the way of help on defense. I wouldn't mind seeing more clips from this event that feature Edwards on O being guarded by Strong. A different situation, maybe a 5x5, Edwards might look unguardable, too.

Am I right to think that's Britt Prince trying to guard Strong toward the end? If so, she's no match.
No, #38 is Chloe Kitts, 6-2 F from Florida. Prince was not invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom