July recruiting thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New Morgan Valley follow 6’5 Tilda Trygger from Sweden.

Her full name:

Tilda Ulrika Maria Paulsdotter Trygger

6’5” G/F Tilda Trygger (2024) RIG Luleå

The top female HS prospect in Sweden again showed why she’s going to be so highly sought after. Trygger is a lethal combination of size and versatility–In addition to making her presence known in the games with scoring, rebounding, and playmaking, she also won the 3pt contest at the showcase… At 6’5”, she’s able to get her shot off at will against guards, and her length and athleticism presents a matchup nightmare for more traditional forwards and centers.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
6’4” 2024 Tilda Trygger (AIK)

Remember this name, because she might end up being one of the top prospects to ever come out of Sweden. Standing 6’4”, Tilda Trygger proved to be extremely versatile, able to operate with confidence both inside and on the perimeter. She often started the break herself after rebounds, and showed the ability and vision to create for others. Defensively, she has the potential to guard multiple positions.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your great recruiting info, Slu.

Allie Ziebell has garnered a lot of attention, but based on a small sample of five games from July 10-12, it looks like she may not be a consistent shooter. Her FG% ranged from 23.1% to 90.0%; standard deviation was 27.8 percentage points. Her overall FG% was an impressive 44.9%, though.

Too small a sample for a SD to have any meaning.

Reaction Score
Some highlights from last year:

The opposition may not be top quality, but she has quick hands, excellent handles, and is not afraid to mix it up in the lane and at half court. We can definitely use her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Safe to say Ziebell has a UConn offer?

Seems likely. Can't see who else that plays for Wisconsin Elite that would have one instead.

Recall the article from two weeks ago that I posted in which a local sports report confirmed Ziebell saying she had gotten "best of the best" offers after that round of AAU ball.

Reaction Score
The good ones always want to be themselves. We fans sometimes insist on them being “the next” or 2.0 etc etc… I’ve pushed back on that on a few occasions.
I find it amusing and somewhat egotistical/conceited/narcissistic to be insulted, resentful, or otherwise “put off” by people comparing you (or more precisely) your game, to one (or more) of the all-time greats in your chosen sport.
No one is saying you are or have to be that player or that you are some sort of “lesser” clone that can never surpass the original. The idea of feeling victimized or insulted over what clearly is and what is also clearly meant to be a sincere compliment, is truly puzzling to me.
Now, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with wanting to make your own legend, as it were, but you are going to do that anyway! Your future status in the game will be determined almost exclusively by the results of your own efforts. Having been compared to Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, Parker, Leslie, Miller etc will have zero effect on your final ranking among the players of the game.
So, why not simply ignore (if you feel that way), or better yet accept, the compliment gracefully in the spirit it was given, and get back to work on surpassing all the great players of your sport? Realizing, of course, that whether you surpass them or not, they, and (hopefully) you as well, should you reach that level, will remain the standard for future generations of players to aspire to.

Reaction Score
No offers from SCar?
I think that’s only offers from the month of July. Doesn’t mean we haven’t “iffered” any of their players in other months or that they aren’t under the microscope for August.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I took Mdoggies comment as a reference to CD2, Crystal Dangerfield, Caroline Ducharme. . . And the other designations continuing to refer to a current player with a past players name or moniker.

I agree with Mdoggies comment completely to the point that I don't acknowledge posts that don't refer to the current player as. . . The current player.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I took Mdoggies comment as a reference to CD2, Crystal Dangerfield, Caroline Ducharme. . . And the other designations continuing to refer to a current player with a past players name or moniker.

I agree with Mdoggies comment completely to the point that I don't acknowledge posts that don't refer to the current player as. . . The current player.
Wow! My post just got a major edit by the forum platform.

Most players name whose initials are C D were listed dropping the following 1, 2, 3 ect. Which in a perverted way makes the point. If I were to just use the initials of CD in a post, I would be referring to Chris Daily whom the platform didn't list.

When the statement is player Z's movement in the paint reminds me of player R, is a comparison.

Verses, a disrespectful comment like player R3's movement in the paint is awesome.

Reaction Score
I find it amusing and somewhat egotistical/conceited/narcissistic to be insulted, resentful, or otherwise “put off” by people comparing you (or more precisely) your game, to one (or more) of the all-time greats in your chosen sport.
No one is saying you are or have to be that player or that you are some sort of “lesser” clone that can never surpass the original. The idea of feeling victimized or insulted over what clearly is and what is also clearly meant to be a sincere compliment, is truly puzzling to me.
Now, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with wanting to make your own legend, as it were, but you are going to do that anyway! Your future status in the game will be determined almost exclusively by the results of your own efforts. Having been compared to Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, Parker, Leslie, Miller etc will have zero effect on your final ranking among the players of the game.
So, why not simply ignore (if you feel that way), or better yet accept, the compliment gracefully in the spirit it was given, and get back to work on surpassing all the great players of your sport? Realizing, of course, that whether you surpass them or not, they, and (hopefully) you as well, should you reach that level, will remain the standard for future generations of players to aspire to.
This is a lot for a kid saying she wants to be her own player. There isn’t anything narcissistic or egotistical about that whatsoever! Saying this player is the next whoever only adds pressure to try and fit themselves into a box ALSO, these are kids so cool down it isn’t necessary to over analyze and bash children because of it be better.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Wow! My post just got a major edit by the forum platform.

Most players name whose initials are C D were listed dropping the following 1, 2, 3 ect. Which in a perverted way makes the point. If I were to just use the initials of CD in a post, I would be referring to Chris Daily whom the platform didn't list.

When the statement is player Z's movement in the paint reminds me of player R, is a comparison.

Verses, a disrespectful comment like player R3's movement in the paint is awesome.

Easy solution: Don't use initials. When you type the full name it helps the site in search engine placement, and helps the reader know who you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom