Jalen & Amida in camp | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen & Amida in camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
its perplexing to think other wise, not to mention the fact purvis had 3 year jump start in the circuit. its 100% reasonable to have more expectations for rp.
It shouldn't be perplexing at all, you said Purvis is older and you were called out for being wrong. Rodney may have been playing basketball since he's two years old but that's irrelevant. Not a big deal, you were just corrected.

Reaction Score
no i 'probably thought' he was 3 days older, thinking that any reasonable individual would consider that the same age. and as noted i didnt bring RP into this discussion. and all my points are valid despite you ignoring them.

Then why the hell would you bring it up if they're essentially the same age? Nobody's even arguing against what you're saying, it's just hilarious to see you be wrong about something and then deny it.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't be perplexing at all, you said Purvis is older and you were called out for being wrong. Rodney may have been playing basketball since he's two years old but that's irrelevant. Not a big deal, you were just corrected.
eh, i disagree. i find that to be nitpicking. i also find it relevant that purvis established himself as a prospect at about the same time AB starting picking up a basketball. brimah is older by days. yep. I was wrong there. doesn't diminish my point. Brimah could still get drafted on upside, while purvis can't.

Reaction Score
People:

James's point DEFINITELY stands, even if he didn't do a super fact check on their actual DOBs. This part of the discussion gets us no closer to the truth about Brimah. The point stands--which is the important part--because RP is American and has played the game his whole life and took the conventional route to college ball.

Also, Mau brought up RP in a legitimate way, since it was meant (I think, Mau correct me if I'm wrong) as a comparison showing that this board as a whole is harder on Brimah than on other comparable guys on the team. Frankly, the fact that they just about the same age only makes that clearer.
b1TvK6T.gif

good post fam

Reaction Score
People:

James's point DEFINITELY stands, even if he didn't do a super fact check on their actual DOBs. This part of the discussion gets us no closer to the truth about Brimah. The point stands--which is the important part--because RP is American and has played the game his whole life and took the conventional route to college ball.

Also, Mau brought up RP in a legitimate way, since it was meant (I think, Mau correct me if I'm wrong) as a comparison showing that this board as a whole is harder on Brimah than on other comparable guys on the team. Frankly, the fact that they just about the same age only makes that clearer.

All good. I actually think people were "harsher" in regards to Rodney but that seemed ok since he didn't come close to living up to expectations early - thought he was mistreated due to impatience by some. I think people are "hard" on AB but mostly because they see the ceiling he has not because they don't think he's an impact player.

Bottom line is we're a lot better this year if they both improve in areas they need to along with the additions. It could really be special if they do!

Reaction Score
I want to make sure I have this all straight. New Haven has the best pizza. Brimah is actually 3 days older than Rodney. James hates to admit when he's wrong. Yep now I think I got it all straight.

Reaction Score
I want to make sure I have this all straight. New Haven has the best pizza. Brimah is actually 3 days older than Rodney. James hates to admit when he's wrong. Yep now I think I got it all straight.

You forgot the wings & beer bass - wtf?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
All good. I actually think people were "harsher" in regards to Rodney but that seemed ok since he didn't come close to living up to expectations early - thought he was mistreated due to impatience by some. I think people are "hard" on AB but mostly because they see the ceiling he has not because they don't think he's an impact player.

Bottom line is we're a lot better this year if they both improve in areas they need to along with the additions. It could really be special if they do!
So what can we surmise from all of this?

Is it that a player sucks who fails to meet a fans expectations or a fan sucks if he/she creates expectations and gets angry when the player fails to meet them? Or both? (All bad!!!!) Or neither? (All good!!!!)

And are you guilty of setting up expectations with that last statement? You cad!

Reaction Score
So what can we surmise from all of this?

Is it that a player sucks who fails to meet a fans expectations or a fan sucks if he/she creates expectations and gets angry when the player fails to meet them? Or both? (All bad!!!!) Or neither? (All good!!!!)

And are you guilty of setting up expectations with that last statement? You cad!

You can surmise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22