Jalen & Amida in camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen & Amida in camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
improve to what , an all american? you really he was an all conference player last season right? people talk about him like he is scrub its ridiculous.
Uhh, saying he can improve from his sophomore season (he can) isn't remotely close to saying he was a scrub last season.

Not sure why you chose that post to try to take on the Brimah haters.

Reaction Score
Uhh, saying he can improve from his sophomore season (he can) isn't remotely close to saying he was a scrub last season.

Not sure why you chose that post to try to take on the Brimah haters.
brimahs hands are fine. he needs to gain strength to establish position better. thats his main issue. frankly last season uconn had terrible entry passers. i take things the media says about players with a grain of salt , they aren't scouts.

Reaction Score
Remember the exercise they used to have Thabeet do? They had him put his hands in a bucket of sand and open and close his hands squeezing the sand. I wonder if Brimah is doing something similar.
What really blows my mind is that Amidah was once a soccer goalie. You'd think he'd have at least above average hands. Then again you don't get goalie gloves in basketball.

Reaction Score
What really blows my mind is that Amidah was once a soccer goalie. You'd think he'd have at least above average hands. Then again you don't get goalie gloves in basketball.
use to play striker

Reaction Score
improve to what , an all american? you really he was an all conference player last season right? people talk about him like he is scrub its ridiculous.
I ignore every single one of these reports.

Doesn't change the fact that Brimah has plenty of room to improve over last season (and that he probably will).

Reaction Score
Oh my bad! Thought I saw goalie way back when.

Maybe that explains his bad hands lol
if he had such bad hands, wouldn't he register turnovers? in 25 games last season he had 1 turnover or less. oh and he also was 7th in the country in the country in 2pt fg%. If you have bad hands you struggle finishing in the paint, even with easy catch+dunks/lobs. uconn didn't start a single good passer last season, with the exception to hamilton but he was wildly inconsistent/turnover prone.

Reaction Score
if he had such bad hands, wouldn't he register turnovers? in 25 games last season he had 1 turnover or less. oh and he also was 7th in the country in the country in 2pt fg%. If you have bad hands you struggle finishing in the paint, even with easy catch+dunks/lobs. uconn didn't start a single good passer last season, with the exception to hamilton but he was wildly inconsistent/turnover prone.
Jesus man just watch the games. You know that a box score/raw shooting percentages does not tell the tale. If you seriously think Amidah doesn't/didn't have bad hands, you are completely alone here.

You know better.

Reaction Score
I ignore every single one of these reports.

Doesn't change the fact that Brimah has plenty of room to improve over last season (and that he probably will).
its just that he's discussed in the same vein as nolan, when it could be argued he is easily our most important player. He will improve, as he did from frosh + sophomore year. just seems like unreasonable expectations by many.

Reaction Score
its just that he's discussed in the same vein as nolan, when it could be argued he is easily our most important player. He will improve, as he did from frosh + sophomore year. just seems like unreasonable expectations by many.
He's undervalued by many on here, but the bold part just isn't true.

Reaction Score
Jesus man just watch the games. You know that a box score/raw shooting percentages does not tell the tale. If you seriously think Amidah doesn't/didn't have bad hands, you are completely alone here.

You know better.

youre right , maybe i should start watching more uconn games.

Reaction Score
Oh my bad! Thought I saw goalie way back when.

Maybe that explains his bad hands lol

No it just looks like he has goalie gloves on the basketball court once in a while :oops:

Kidding. Actually his hands aren't bad at all they just aren't always ready!

Reaction Score
Just learn better positioning skills and the rebounds will come

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The issue is that he can't get in to position because

a) he goes for blocks, arguably to a fault
b) he isn't strong enough to even get in to/maintain position
when they're punching him in the chest and neck, i want him to go for the ball and foul them so hard they'll think again before they starting hitting him

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Ahhh yet another thread that has turned into a b!tchfest about Brimah.

I don't understand how anyone could say a bad thing about him. He's obviously a great kid and a hard worker. This is realistically his first offseason to work on his game and his body and he's certainly filled out. Not to mention he singlehandedly took us from the brink of a first round exit and became an integral cog in a national championship team as a freshman. Yet, we find ways to poke holes in his character or his abilities... unreal.

Whatever Brimah does from here is just gravy. I'm certain he'll do just fine without the boneyard's advisement.

Reaction Score
Brimah is pretty decent and improving steadily. His biggest issue is foul trouble and staying on the court.

Reaction Score
describing brimahs shotblocking and rim protection as overzelous is foolish; its the pillar of KO defensive scheme. its crazy the way folks discuss rebounding on here... as if uconn was a below average rebounding team or something (they weren't).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
describing brimahs shotblocking and rim protection as overzelous is foolish; its the pillar of KO defensive scheme. its crazy the way folks discuss rebounding on here... as if uconn was a below average rebounding team or something (they weren't).

People are trying to mold him into Thabeet, whom he's not...if Brimah continues to focus primarily on shotblocking and up his RPG totals to 6-8 per game I'd be a happy camper.

Reaction Score
The main thing I wish Brimah would fix is to stop getting boxed out underneath the basket. If he gets pushed down there go around and get back on the court. You can't get any rebounds underneath the backboard, if he is pushed to the foul line at least he could get some long rebounds.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Amida showed such natural promise as a shotblocker and has such speed for his size! Many of us overestimated where he was at or where he would be at as a sophomore. He is so naturally slender that his adding some pounds suggested some good work on his part. He seems like a great kid and hope he can really come into his own.

Reaction Score
If he never scores another basket for us I love the guy, because without that 3 point play we are 1 title less. But his future bank account has potential to skyrocket. This year is huge for him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom