OT: - Is KC the new Patriots | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Is KC the new Patriots

Reaction Score
LOL, Rice is better than several best WR that Brady had, and he faced guys like Peyton Manning that are way, way better than Allen or Jackson. This is such a tired, stale argument.
Brady was 0-3 in the playoffs against Peyton on the road.

Reaction Score
Fortunately for Mahomes he may never have to face the Giants in a Super Bowl:)
Mahomes is 0-2 vs Brady in the playoffs we know who’s 2-0 against Brady.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Pretty much don't care. As long as I don't have to read about Brady every day, I'm ok with whoever takes over.

Reaction Score
You're never going to get any sort of subjective take from a Patriots fan on this one. They're the most insecure fan base in all the 4 major sports and how dare we even think Mahomes could be as good as Brady?

Mahomes just beat a white hot Josh Allen in Buffalo, the MVP of the 1 seed Ravens in Baltimore and the overall 1 seed in the West in the Super Bowl. His receivers were Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Rashee Rice, Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman. Find me a run, on the road and neutral sites with less talent at WR that Brady went on?
This is hilarious. Mahomes beat the MVP??? I guess he was the one that came up w 3 TOs against Lamar and held that vaunted offense to 10 points. You are the one that can’t be objective. Other than having Moss for a couple years, Brady’s receivers were well below average. Look at the first Super Bowl: Troy Brown was the best they had.

Mahomes definitely has more physical gifts. He may pass Brady. If he does, he’ll get his due. But suggesting Brady had a steady stream of all pros catching from him and Mahomes has been throwing to a bunch of invalids is so completely biased it’s embarrassing for you. And don’t trot out Gronk cuz Kelce just set the all time record for receptions in the post season, passing Jerry Rice…..Or did that guy suck too??

The lengths you will go to to get on your anti- Patriot soapbox. If Mahomes passes Brady, gif bless and good for him. I’ll be able to take it. If he doesn’t, will you???

Reaction Score
You must hate Calhoun and UConn then, because they both cheated as badly as Brady did
e6893841-7169-4fff-8521-c967f9b4f5ed_text.gif

Reaction Score
And I think 4-0 or 5-0 vs him at home. What’s your point??
I said Brady never went through a gauntlet of qbs and teams on the road like Mahomes just did.

The poster than pointed out he had great success against Peyton Manning who was better than Allen and Jackson to which I corrected him (per my original statement) that Brady was 0-3 on the road against Manning in the postseason.

Reaction Score
Sorry, my message didn't go through right, tried editing and ran out of time. I meant to ask, with KC's offense, and defense, and coaching, and Mahomes at QB, will KC overtake the Patriot's own era of excellence? They won it all in 2020, 2023 and 2024, and speaking of Mahomes, he is only 28. A lot of people think Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, but Patrick Mahomes compares favorably against in some ways, especially with his ability to scramble and run for yards when needed.
Indeed. And I gotta wonder if / when someone gives Spagnola another shot at head coach. And to be fair, as other people pointed out, if not for some bad mistakes by the 49ers, even Mahomes miracles wouldn't have been enough

Reaction Score
It is truly astonishing how badly Shannahan has choked in the superbowl 3 times. Analytics have ruined the game, the problem with analytics is it takes away common sense, and situational awareness. It’s not hindsight either everyone that knows football was yelling for the Niners to run the ball you need to shorten the game especially in the 2nd half while you had Mahomes head in a vice grip.

Credit the Chiefs they made the half time adjustments. Everyone and their mother knew the Chiefs were coming back despite the Niners dominating the game physically.

Mahomes is like MJ in the 90s, Brady is like a modern day Russell. Will be interesting to see how Mahomes keeps this up, I would imagine they get a big time wr who will go ring chasing. I still put Tony Gonzalez ahead of Kelce btw just my opinion, QBs are judged by rings anyways.

TJ Houshmanzadeh nails it here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You either have 0 clue about Rashee Rice or are just so blinded by the past,
Do you know the name Reche Caldwell?

In the same way I'm a UConn fan and Kansas fan 2nd, I'm a Patriots fan and Chiefs fan 2nd. I was rooting for the Chiefs. I like Mahomes. I just thought the whole "his WR stink" was, while true (until Rice emerged about mid-season) the same thing that was true for the Patriots for many seasons. They never won a SB with Moss. Edelman became a great slot guy over time. Both those Patriots teams and this Chiefs team won with defense.

The Chiefs lost to Tampa, not because Tom was better than Pat, but because the Bucs utterly dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It was as dominant a performance as I've seen. So what did KC do? They traded Hill. The beefed up the offensive line, including bringing in Thuney from the Pats (who was hurt and out this time). They rebuilt the defense, including getting McDuffie (who was the best player in this Super Bowl) with the draft haul.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I said Brady never went through a gauntlet of qbs and teams on the road like Mahomes just did.

The poster than pointed out he had great success against Peyton Manning who was better than Allen and Jackson to which I corrected him (per my original statement) that Brady was 0-3 on the road against Manning in the postseason.
I didn't even pick up the "road" aspect of it. Patriots teams didn't usually crap the bed like this Chiefs team in the regular season, so weren't often on the road. Brady did win at KC in 2018 vs Mahomes. Beat the Steelers on the road a couple of times.

As for Brady, he went through Rodgers and Brees on the road with Tampa. Both are better than anybody Mahomes faced this season. I'm a Chiefs fan. Mahomes wasn't great this year and that was part of why they were on the road. I'm not giving him extra credit for that. His defense was the difference in these playoff games this year.

Reaction Score
I didn't even pick up the "road" aspect of it. Patriots teams didn't usually crap the bed like this Chiefs team in the regular season, so weren't often on the road. Brady did win at KC in 2018 vs Mahomes. Beat the Steelers on the road a couple of times.

As for Brady, he went through Rodgers and Brees on the road with Tampa. Both are better than anybody Mahomes faced this season. I'm a Chiefs fan. Mahomes wasn't great this year and that was part of why they were on the road. I'm not giving him extra credit for that. His defense was the difference in these playoff games this year.
Crap the bed. LOL. The Pats run was greatly fueled by a horrific AFC East and an easy road to a first rd bye, bloated win total and home playoff games every year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Crap the bed. LOL. The Pats run was greatly fueled by a horrific AFC East and an easy road to a first rd bye, bloated win total and home playoff games every year.
And just how good was the AFC West this year? It was awful. Chiefs are my #2 team, I watch most of their games. Chiefs had the same record as Miami, Cleveland and Buffalo, while playing in the only AFC division with just one winning team. Sound familiar?

Reaction Score
The Chiefs lost to Tampa, not because Tom was better than Pat, but because the Bucs utterly dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It was as dominant a performance as I've seen.
And this is why head-to-head matchup records between QBs has always been a joke of an argument in my opinion. Brady didn’t beat Mahomes, and Mahomes didn’t beat Jackson or Purdy or Allen. They don’t play each other, and have nothing to do with how well the other plays. This isn’t basketball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And this is why head-to-head matchup records between QBs has always been a joke of an argument in my opinion. Brady didn’t beat Mahomes, and Mahomes didn’t beat Jackson or Purdy or Allen. They don’t play each other, and have nothing to do with how well the other plays. This isn’t basketball.
I completely agree with you. QB is the most important position in the game and is still given way too much credit for Wins and Losses. Mahomes wasn't the MVP on Sunday, come on. He was mostly not very good. But it's hard to pick a single defensive guy, so QB almost always wins it. Tom sure as hell was not the reason Tampa won. Dilfer could have won that game.

Reaction Score
Do you know the name Reche Caldwell?

In the same way I'm a UConn fan and Kansas fan 2nd, I'm a Patriots fan and Chiefs fan 2nd. I was rooting for the Chiefs. I like Mahomes. I just thought the whole "his WR stink" was, while true (until Rice emerged about mid-season) the same thing that was true for the Patriots for many seasons. They never won a SB with Moss. Edelman became a great slot guy over time. Both those Patriots teams and this Chiefs team won with defense.

The Chiefs lost to Tampa, not because Tom was better than Pat, but because the Bucs utterly dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. It was as dominant a performance as I've seen. So what did KC do? They traded Hill. The beefed up the offensive line, including bringing in Thuney from the Pats (who was hurt and out this time). They rebuilt the defense, including getting McDuffie (who was the best player in this Super Bowl) with the draft haul.
So you would think you would know that Reche Caldwell never won a SB.

Cool story otherwise.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with you. QB is the most important position in the game and is still given way too much credit for Wins and Losses. Mahomes wasn't the MVP on Sunday, come on. He was mostly not very good. But it's hard to pick a single defensive guy, so QB almost always wins it. Tom sure as hell was not the reason Tampa won. Dilfer could have won that game.
Who was the MVP if not him? He had an efficient 333 yards and a 99 passer rating

I don’t think QBs are given too much credit.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones was huge in that game too he literally took away 2 tds from the Niners plays that dont show up in the box score. Easily the best DT since Aaron Donald.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom