OT: - Is KC the new Patriots | The Boneyard

OT: Is KC the new Patriots

Reaction Score
Sorry, my message didn't go through right, tried editing and ran out of time. I meant to ask, with KC's offense, and defense, and coaching, and Mahomes at QB, will KC overtake the Patriot's own era of excellence? They won it all in 2020, 2023 and 2024, and speaking of Mahomes, he is only 28. A lot of people think Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, but Patrick Mahomes compares favorably against in some ways, especially with his ability to scramble and run for yards when needed.

Reaction Score
As a Pats fan I can now say I understand how/why everyone hated them so much if it was half as bad as the lovefest for Mahomes and the Chiefs. I'm already sick of their act (obviously Taylor Swift didn't help it) and they are only halfway there compared to what the Pats did. When it's your team you don't see it, but when it's not........YUCK

Reaction Score
I was rooting for the 49ers. That being said, I quite enjoyed watching the aura of the Chiefs freak out the 49ers. So many boneheaded decisions by the coaches and players. I mentioned to the people I watched with that the 49ers were too jacked u and they'd shoot everything they had by halftime. Greenlaw was jumping up and down like crazy on the sidelines, no need to conserve energy in his legs apparently, since he tore his ACL just running onto the field after bouncing up and down.

You have to have patience when you play the Chiefs. They will wear you down. You have to trade body blows with them.

49ers defense was spent the last 2 drives and it was all their fault, because otherwise the Chiefs didn't have one long drive for a TD all game.

Andy Reid dialed up 3 plays the 9ers hadn't seen, including the shallow cross to Kelce that went for 30 yards. I knew they were winning and that the 49ers were spent after that killer play. Im surprised they didn't score a TD there.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady and it's not close. Come back to this when Mahomes wins a ring at 43. Oh and who did Brady beat that year? Mahomes. Not a Patriots fan, but it's silly to say that someone could unseat Brady this quickly
Not yet but he's well on his way. He can do things Brady can't.

Reaction Score
Mahomes is the most talented ever, Brady has the best resume. And I don’t expect Mahomes to surpass him but we’ll see.

Reaction Score
I don't expect objectivity from the Boneyard but we can at least compare equal time periods when talking about Brady

They have similar records so far, but Mahomes has been more impressive in getting there since more of it has been on him. The Chief's D was pretty pedestrian until this year.

Brady's second act will be hard to match, but Mahomes is capable.

Reaction Score
Honestly Mahomes is on pace, however Brady had such an incredible end of career it is hard to fathom, kind of like Barry Bonds hitting 70 home runs in his late 30s

Reaction Score
You're never going to get any sort of subjective take from a Patriots fan on this one. They're the most insecure fan base in all the 4 major sports and how dare we even think Mahomes could be as good as Brady?

Mahomes just beat a white hot Josh Allen in Buffalo, the MVP of the 1 seed Ravens in Baltimore and the overall 1 seed in the West in the Super Bowl. His receivers were Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Rashee Rice, Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman. Find me a run, on the road and neutral sites with less talent at WR that Brady went on?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You're never going to get any sort of subjective take from a Patriots fan on this one. They're the most insecure fan base in all the 4 major sports and how dare we even think Mahomes could be as good as Brady?

Mahomes just beat a white hot Josh Allen in Buffalo, the MVP of the 1 seed Ravens in Baltimore and the overall 1 seed in the West in the Super Bowl. His receivers were Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Rashee Rice, Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman. Find me a run, on the road and neutral sites with less talent at WR that Brady went on?

Oh boo hoo, I love the tears of haters

Hey, it's all we got left

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Way too soon. Pat is on that trajectory if he continues. Oddly, he played like absolute dog vomit in the first half. Held the ball too long, didn't take the check-downs, was trying to make big plays that weren't there. Terrible. His defense and special teams kept him in the game, and in the clutch, he's clutch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

LOL, Rice is better than several best WR that Brady had, and he faced guys like Peyton Manning that are way, way better than Allen or Jackson. This is such a tired, stale argument.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady and it's not close. Come back to this when Mahomes wins a ring at 43. Oh and who did Brady beat that year? Mahomes. Not a Patriots fan, but it's silly to say that someone could unseat Brady this quickly
It is also a Dee Ford offsides away from maybe being 6 to 4 with Mahomes being 28 years old and with 0 cheating scandals.

It is Brady right now, but Mahomes is coming and coming quick.

Reaction Score
If he three-peats and then wins a fifth at some point I think that’s enough

Reaction Score
LOL, Rice is better than several best WR that Brady had, and he faced guys like Peyton Manning that are way, way better than Allen or Jackson. This is such a tired, stale argument.
You either have 0 clue about Rashee Rice or are just so blinded by the past,

Reaction Score
Sorry, my message didn't go through right, tried editing and ran out of time. I meant to ask, with KC's offense, and defense, and coaching, and Mahomes at QB, will KC overtake the Patriot's own era of excellence? They won it all in 2020, 2023 and 2024, and speaking of Mahomes, he is only 28. A lot of people think Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, but Patrick Mahomes compares favorably against in some ways, especially with his ability to scramble and run for yards when needed.
Im not a Pats fan and do enjoy watching Mahomes as he is great. That being said no and its not even close. Brady and the Pats won 6 over a 20 year span and made it to 8 or 9 whatever it was. Also Brady beat Mahomes head to head. Hes still the goat people need to relax. What brady/Belichek and the pats did is insane and will not be replicated. If youre wondering im a Bears fan so what do i know about qbs?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Do people actually think that was a well played game?

Too bad someone had to win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom