Ines in the transfer portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ines in the transfer portal

Reaction Score
Kids that are good enough to play for UConn aren't usually the personality types that will sit on the bench forever. To add insult to injury Geno showed them no respect whatsoever when he would talk about the lack of a bench this year. I realize it is college, i realize he is a legend, but sometimes his disregard for the feeling of some of his players is remarkable.

I think Ines will also find a place where she can contribute and have a couple of fun years playing somewhere.
I've thought about that too.

Reaction Score
I wish Ines the very best. She helped the program through a difficult time. Even in the limited minutes she played, she did it with commitment and passion. Those traits will bode well for her at her next destination.
Absolutely agree. She proved to be the consummate team player, gave her best when needed, kept a seemingly positive attitude as her role diminished. And, gotta give her credit for adapting so quickly to a totally differeent culture, leaving family and friends behind.
I totally understand her decision to transfer, probably the consequence of frank discussions with Geno and coaches which undoubtedly made it clear she'd be facing an even tougher challenge for future PT .
I suspect she'll always be Husky Blue wherever she goes.
Obrigado e boa sorte, Inês.

Reaction Score
It is not easy to watch one of your children leave home. We will all miss you Ines and appreciate your contributions to the Huskies the past two years.

On a side note this thread includes the
expected roster for the upcoming years and lists Ice as 6’4”, when did she grow an inch? The roster on the UConn Athletics page lists her at 6’3”. I know we need bigs but ......

Reaction Score
Ines to Fairfield U... another great idea!
that's what I saw right away when I saw Ines in the portal.. Great fit... She'd love down this way... Fairfield U is a really nice school/program Amari might be a nice fit here right along with her...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We heard about a month ago that Geno had been talking to Coach Berube about Kaitlyn Chen. I think he anticipated 1-2 departures.

Kaitlyn listed interest in UConn, UCLA, and Stanford. She would really help UCLA and Stanford at PG. She would mix in with KK and let our freshman gradually adapt.
Honestly, I hope not. With Paige and KK on the roster, I want the ball in Paige’s hands as much as possible to make the passes or to shoot the ball. This past year she did not have the ball in her hands enough, deferring to Nika who was solely a pass first, pass second and reluctantly shoot an open shot third type player. Let Paige run the court with her vision, driving ability and shooting ability with KK to spell her. You have Azzi and Cheli in a pinch if needed. I don’t want to be forced to have Paige defer again to someone less skilled like Chen. I wish her well but again, I don’t see her really changing the odds on our 12th NCAAT.

Reaction Score
Just saw on Facebook that Ines has entered the transfer portal.... Best wishes to her. I hope she finds a place where she can get some playing time.

Reaction Score
Sorry to see her go but very happy that she will (hopefully) go to a program where she can flourish and start for the next 2-3 years. She's got talent for a mid-major program, and she trained under the best with Geno, Paige, Nika, et al.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shouldn't Jana be listed with the Freshman as it is her first season playing. A Redshirt Freshman???
Agreed. Take a look at the other one that I posted. I think that lists Jana has a redshirt freshman.

Reaction Score
that's what I saw right away when I saw Ines in the portal.. Great fit... She'd love down this way... Fairfield U is a really nice school/program Amari might be a nice fit here right along with her...
I think Amari would have a huge impact in the MAAC. Put her in the middle of a team that's already returning 4 all-conference players and the Stags might ridiculously overmatch the MAAC.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I’m almost sure it was announced that both Briana Paulido and Tierney Lawlor had gotten BB scholarships at some point.
At least for their senior year they were awarded scholarships. They were the result of Breanna Stewart's recruiting effort for real on campus walk ons to fill in a short roster.

Geno probably with help from his South Florida connection, found Ines as a last minute full scholarship recruit, when also faced with depleted roster. Her efforts to win the game v Princeton, and compete heroically v Notre Dame already put her in husky lore.

She was a competent division 1 guard. Just short and not as much upside as Paige, Nika, Ash, KK and now new recruits. She also shows her competence playing for Portuguese national youth teams.

She was a great teammate at UConn, this move is all about playing time. Surely supported by Geno and crew, I hope she lands in a great spot!

Reaction Score
It is not easy to watch one of your children leave home. We will all miss you Ines and appreciate your contributions to the Huskies the past two years.

On a side note this thread includes the
expected roster for the upcoming years and lists Ice as 6’4”, when did she grow an inch? The roster on the UConn Athletics page lists her at 6’3”. I know we need bigs but ......
I think Ice is actually 6’-3 1/8”

Reaction Score
Wishing Ines well in her next chapter. I was impressed with her defense and speed (there were a couple of times that she chased an opponent the length of the court to get a steal) and I hoped that she would earn some playing time. Since she didn’t get much of a chance even when the team needed healthy bodies, it seems likely that her limited playing time would be even more limited next season with a (hopefully) full roster. I really hope that she finds a school who can use her talents and where she is also happy with the rest of her college experience. Good luck Ines!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Even though she had committed to a junior college, she chose to jump at the chance to enter the best program in the nation. I think she could have been a star at that school and found a great place to play after her sophomore year. She literally saved us, especially the Maryland game, and believe me, I was thrilled with her play in that game. To me , she will always be a Husky, and where ever she lands, I will follow her and be one of her biggest fans. Good luck Ines, we will always love you and appreciate the sacrifice you made 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
I am hoping Inês ends up at Providence College, that way she'll be able to play her UConn friends twice a year. Additionally, I remember when she first came to UConn, she was asked what she missed most about being here in the US. She said she missed the food.

I live between Providence, RI and Fall River, MA, 15 minutes from each city. Fall River is the sister city of Ponta Delgada, on her island in the Azores, São Miguel. All my neighbors are Azorean and Fall River has all the Portuguese/Azorean restaurants and markets she needs.

I would definitely go see her play at PC, even when not playing UConn. They jack the prices way up when UConn comes to town.

Reaction Score
I am hoping Inês ends up at Providence College, that way she'll be able to play her UConn friends twice a year. Additionally, I remember when she first came to UConn, she was asked what she missed most about being here in the US. She said she missed the food.

I live between Providence, RI and Fall River, MA, 15 minutes from each city. Fall River is the sister city of Ponta Delgada, on her island in the Azores, São Miguel. All my neighbors are Azorean and Fall River has all the Portuguese/Azorean restaurants and markets she needs.

I would definitely go see her play at PC, even when not playing UConn. They jack the prices way up when UConn comes to town.
Snatched from going to a small school at the last minute when Paige went down, needed to adapt quickly just as classes began without benefit of preseason, delivered when needed - the purpose she was rerouted to UConn, her tenure hasn't been without benefit: she got to practice against excellent players, became a better and well-conditioned player. The lovely young lady with an apparent great personality has grown nonetheless and will be a significant contributor to her next team.

I was wondering where the best fit might be. From what you say about Providence College, one hopes that the basketball gods smile upon her to arrange it as the next stop in her basketball life, enriched by the Azorean community nearby. What a wonderful turn of events that would be!

Now supplicating the basketball gods to seed the mind of the Providence College coach with this likely best of all options for Ines!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom